What really annoys me about some people on this site.

Options
badapdos
badapdos Posts: 132
A lot of people are like, "YAY!!!! I only ate 400 calories today! Can't wait to see results" And I'm like, ugh, no stop it please. You're only doing harm to yourself and you'll gain it all back when you eat again.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not healthy at all, and very dangerous unless under doctor supervision!

I also find how some people feel the only way to lose weight is the method that worked for them. Nothing works for everyone except for maybe eat less and move more.
  • jessie1480
    jessie1480 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Always! Drives me insane.
  • geezer99
    geezer99 Posts: 92
    Options
    Actually this site has taught me tolerance. Now when I see an obese person a part of my reaction is "that may be someone who has already lost 30 pounds on MFP." I may have been cheering for their latest post! I hope that they look at me with the same idea.
  • badapdos
    Options
    I also find how some people feel the only way to lose weight is the method that worked for them. Nothing works for everyone except for maybe eat less and move more.
    That too!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    yea a lot of peeps starve losing any lean mass and bone they have and thinking the lost weight is fat :\
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not healthy at all, and very dangerous unless under doctor supervision!

^ What she said...
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    Actually this site has taught me tolerance. Now when I see an obese person a part of my reaction is "that may be someone who has already lost 30 pounds on MFP." I may have been cheering for their latest post! I hope that they look at me with the same idea.

That's beautiful! What a great way to think about it. Thanks for sharing. :happy:
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    It is a sad situation... it would be nice if the success stories required this is how I did it - it would be beneficial for lots of people. Not every thing works for everyone but the goal should be healthy living rather than simply being skinny...
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    Absolutely! Ppl seem to think if you eat less you'll lose more but they never stop to think that their bodies require calories to keep going and therefore if your cal intake is less than burned you'll get the opposite effect. Its called starvation mode.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Yes that drives me crazy! That and I need help with my diet but they dont make the diary public
  • aunfire82
    aunfire82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

That is a great way to look at it! Love the positive spin!
  • ashielovesdashie88
    Options
    i couldn't agree more. Although i've never been one to judge others i do feel like the people i add to my MFP account are my friends and they deserve to hear the truth from me. I support all my friends on here and they support me. When they're doing something unhealthy i try to approach them in a manner that is non-threatening and point out that that may be why they are having issues.
    Happy "Hunger Games" and may the scale be ever in your favor!
  • badapdos
    Options
    That's a nice way to think of it :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    It doesn't annoy me, it makes me sad. People who are excited about only eating 400 calories in a day generally have eating disorders. It saddens me that no matter what kind of education I could give to that person, they will not change their way of thinking until they have some kind of come to Jesus moment. Not annoying to me, just sad.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    When people with less than 20 pounds to lose say that it's ok to eat less than 500 calories because that's what people who've had weight loss surgery eat.

WLS patients eat small amounts of food immediately after surgery, in part because they can only have liquid foods until their intestines heal from the surgery, when have a LOT of excess body fat to help provide fuel for their bodies. By the time they have 20 pounds to lose, they're eating a near normal amount of food. Maybe a little less than someone who didn't have a large portion of their stomach bypassed, but not 400-500-600 calories. And they're also meticulous about getting the right nutrition for their calories, too.
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    Yeah I'm just really worried about all these young girls starving themselves to death, being promoted by other girls that are anorexic...

I guess that is the dark side of sites like this one.
    It helps these girls and boys to make sure they eat nothing, and find people who do the same...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    that doesn't annoy me, but makes me sad. What annoys me is all the judmental, pushy hateful attitudes that seem to fly around when people don't understand certain things. Scratch that. That makes me sad, too....
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options

That's beautiful! What a great way to think about it. Thanks for sharing. :happy:

^^ Yep... these.
  • JVonni
    JVonni Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I agree, that's a great way to put that. This site has taught me to appreciate the "small victories" in my weight loss journey.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    LOL I hate that and honestly think it's so stupid!
This discussion has been closed.