5'4 - size with weight ?

Options

Replies

• hockeygrrl
    Options
    5"4, 115 lbs...size 2 usually (canadian / u.s. sizing)

:)
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    At 185 pounds I wear 10s, and in some brands can fit into 8s. However in skirts I usually buy 12, as they sit higher on the torso. I'm kind of apple shaped--bulge in the middle and narrow hips--so higher waisted clothing requires a different size. Its really amazing how variable it is.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Very interesting replies. When I was a girl, a size 8 or 10 at 5'4" would never have been possible for somebody weighing 145. They would be in at least a size 14, maybe 16. I'm not complaining, mind you!! But if they keep adjusting sizes, people will be in the minus bracket!

yes, vanity sizing is ridiculous. I have several cocktail dresses from the fifties marked sizes 8-10 and they are all too tight for me, even though by today's standards I wear 4-6.

I think they're even doing it with shoes now! I was just shoe shopping at Nordstrom Friday night and I have worn size 7.5 shoes my entire adult life. Everything in 7.5 was too big and I had to try 7s.

Ridiculous; I know my feet are not smaller.
  • tfancey
    tfancey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    5'4.. currently 134 and I wear a size 6 jeans from American Eagle or a 5 from Hollister.
    Generally I go for size 6 or a sm/med
  • CindiBryce
    CindiBryce Posts: 438
    Options
    I am 5'3, ~118, and wear a size 10-12.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    5'4 - 132lbs - size 6
  • jannalynne07
    jannalynne07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wear a juniors size 7, women's size 6, and weigh 140 lbs.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm 220 and wear a size 14
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 144 pounds. I wear an 11 (all my weight is in my hips).
  • LilRedPitViper
    Options
    5'4", 174lb. I'm wearing size 14 in most sizes... but I'm very close to moving down a size. The 14s are a tad loose.
    Generally in tops I'm size XL, or L at the smallest since I'm on the busty side. I suppose I could be described as hourglass shaped.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    5'4 107lbs, size 0 or 2
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    5 foot 3 133 and size 6
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 138 lbs...I wear anywhere from a 6 to a 10 in pants, depending on how big or small they run (I have a booty). 90% of the time, I end up having to belt them in at the waist...the butt dictates what size I buy.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    it is amazing to see the variety of sizes everyone is in.....i'm 5'5" and weigh 179 and i'm a 12 in skinny jeans, a 10 in regular jeans and an 8 in my dress pants for work......go figure.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft3.5 so close enough! I was 183lbs when I started and wearing a UK size 16, some 18 tops to fit around my boobs.
    I'm now 154lbs and a definite size 12, some big 10's fit nice, some small 14's are nice and comfy.
  • AngieFlames
    AngieFlames Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    5'4" - 160 lbs as of yesterday
    wearing a size 12 canadian right now

they are finally loose and I have only lost 3 pounds so far in this journey. Just started at the end of February 2012. Can't wait to see what the next 2 months bring!
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    5'4" 1/2. 135 lbs. Mostly size 7. 9's stay up but are loose. I have a pair of 5's that are tight.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4. Weight is 128 and jeans size between 8-10
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    5'4 - 175 lbs and a size 12. I have a big booty so it's very loose in my waist ( my waist is tiny comparatively). I have 10's but it's my thighs that are the issue there. lol
    Started at 192 and size 16.
  • pinkpostittwirling
    Options
    Good question!

I am 5'4" 116 lbs and I wear less than a size 0 in dress pants, it's annoying but I like the way I look at this weight in a two-peice. I've found 00 at White Black for dress pants and 00 in dress skirts at Express but no 00 at Express for dress pants. I just got a size 0 at Macy's I.N.C. brand dress pants and they fit pretty well. I wear a size 25 in designer jeans. I'm not sure what I wear in juniors sizes but my guess would be size 3.

I've never been over a women's size 2. It's interesting to know different weights/sizes. I wish I was a size 4 or 6 but still trim looking in a two-piece. I have a small frame so even at a size 2 while I look great in clothes I don't feel good in a two-peice. Since I'm still in my 20's and I haven't had babies yet...looking good in a two-peice or nothing at all is still very important to me. :)

My sister is the same weight/height and I have a friend who is 5'3" 108lbs and we all have the dress pants issue with 0 being too small. We are not too skinny though...we all look healthy and are above the recommended weights for our height.