Grilled cheeses

Options

Replies

• AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Love them plain (bread, butter, Kraft cheese)

Also good if you mix a slice of pepper jack and a slice of Kraft.

Ever dipped them in anything? Tomato soup and chili are awesome.

My husband dips his grilled cheese in ranch dressing...I'd prefer just a plain grilled cheese.
    I did make some "fried eggs" the other night and put them into a grilled cheese samich...it was yummy.
  • HardcorePork
    HardcorePork Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, what is this queso oaxaca? Is it similar to queso fresco?

Queso Oaxaca (cut you're own slice - ?? calories)
  • mtneerjk81
    mtneerjk81 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Dipped in tomato soup.

Yes! I love this! I also don't fry the sandwich. I just make two pieces of toast and then put the cheese on and pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Cuts out the calories and fat in the butter.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Love them plain (bread, butter, Kraft cheese)

Also good if you mix a slice of pepper jack and a slice of Kraft.

Ever dipped them in anything? Tomato soup and chili are awesome.

Yes Kraft cheese... I use Velveeta mmmm
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Land O'Lakes White American Cheese on white bread with a thin coat of butter then pan fried:P I've tried to switch it to a whole wheat but it just wasn't right. I haven't had a grilled cheese in well over a year. but i love it with tomato soup! YUM
  • TheNewDoug
    Options
    I now use Sara Lee light bread (45 Cal per slice), Kraft fat free American (25 Cal per slice), and coat each side with 1/2 tablespoon I can't believe its not butter lite(45 Cal per tablespoon). That just took all the fun out of it, didn't it? They are still pretty darn tasty.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HardcorePork
    Options
    I now use Sara Lee light bread (45 Cal per slice), Kraft fat free American (25 Cal per slice), and coat each side with 1/2 tablespoon I can't believe its not butter lite(45 Cal per tablespoon). That just took all the fun out of it, didn't it? They are still pretty darn tasty.

what you're doing to grilled cheese should be a CRIME, sir! A CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIME! lol
  • Joanne5659
    Options
    I have mine with Jalapeno havarti cheese and a fried egg. Yum! Yum! And I cut them into strips. Makes them taste better, I don't care what my bf says lol.
  • twinoakbob
    twinoakbob Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    As a kid we always had "baloney cups" - which consisted of a piece of white bread with a slice of cheese on top. This was broiled until the cheese was gooey (I prefered a little brown crispy too) and the baloney slice had curled up at the edges (hence the term baloney cup).

We never really did the "traditional" grilled cheese very much.

Over the years I changed the baloney to salami, added a slice of tomato, a couple of outer rings of an onion slice and pickle relish in the onion slice before topping with cheese. The kraft single cheese food slice fell away and was replaced with shredded colby jack or some other interesting cheese.

Tomato soup was a must have with this sandwich too.
  • TheycallmeHotDonna
    TheycallmeHotDonna Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    There's some great reciped for GCSan's on here... I'm going to have try for sure.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Lol I make them the simple way: bread, butter, Kraft.. sometimes I used shredded cheese instead. It's been a while since I've had grilled cheese!
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat bread.
    Garden veggie monterey jack cheese.

Or

Whole wheat bread.
    Pesto havarti cheese.

Sometimes I add bacon. Or tomato. Of a fried egg if my cheese is plain.

Cheese is always fresh from the cheese store up the road. No butter because the George Foreman works so well without it.
  • msarazine
    msarazine Posts: 65
    Options
    Grandma Sycamores white bread
    2 slices kraft singles
    Dunk in Ketchup

Delicious.....to liven it up sometimes add mayo and slices of tomatos
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I like grilled cheese with pepperoni slices. It's awesome.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Panera asiago bread/sharp cheddar/real butter/dip in Heinz Ketchup OMG! That is supper tomorrow.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Bread, Move Over Butter inside & out, 2 slices 2% American cheese, and a dash of Seasoned Salt on the outside.
    Yum!!! Great Grilled Cheese fix, & only 260 calories. (Less if I skimp on the butter)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    my wife makes the most awesome three slice grilled cheese.. by that I mean it takes her three slices of bread. She will always burn the first piece, flip it over, pull the burn piece off, butter another slice adn put it on. Only bad thing is you always lose half the cheese when she does this.
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I use Sarah Lee 45 Calories and Delightful bread, 1.5 slices of American cheese (I prefer Land O'Lakes but it's usually Kraft) and a bit of Brummel and Brown Yogurt butter. Delicious.
  • HardcorePork
    Options
    my wife makes the most awesome three slice grilled cheese.. by that I mean it takes her three slices of bread. She will always burn the first piece, flip it over, pull the burn piece off, butter another slice adn put it on. Only bad thing is you always lose half the cheese when she does this.

I'm so confuzzled, I need a you tube video...