Replies

• SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hauntgoddess
    hauntgoddess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I can't find it ANYWHERE!!! Blonde moment but is it just listed as "spaghetti squash"?

AGREED!!! I looked everywhere for this stuff..Kroger..Trader Joe's...WHERE DO YOU GET SPAGHETTI SQUASH???
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My aunt introduced me to spaghetti squash when I stayed with her over the summer a few years ago. I remember she pulled two huge squashes out of the fridge, and them put them in the oven and baked them. She cut then open horizontally, handed me one (yes, the whole squash!) and she poured a can of spaghetti sauce over it. We both pigged out on our own squash, and my god it was one of the best things I've ever eaten.
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GardenFolly
    Options
    Have not had spaghetti squash in years. I used to love it. Thanks folks!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Bump...I haven't had it in years....I have to get some next grocery trip! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I use it in any recipe that calls for spaghetti, fettucine, or angel hair. I don't like pasta so this was a great find for me. Mine and my kids' favorite is low carb spaghetti and meatballs. I stuff the meatballs with mozarella cheese and spinach instead of using bread crumbs to hold the meatballs together and I make my own sugar free sauce so it's low in carbs. I also like to sautee the spaghetti squash (after I bake it) with evoo, basil, diced tomatoes, shallots, italian sausage and mushrooms for a nice low carb lunch.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I can't find it ANYWHERE!!! Blonde moment but is it just listed as "spaghetti squash"?

AGREED!!! I looked everywhere for this stuff..Kroger..Trader Joe's...WHERE DO YOU GET SPAGHETTI SQUASH???

It's in the produce section with the winter/hard squashes here in Oregon. I have bought it at several different stores.
  • ashleywright144
    Options
    I recently tried Spaghetti Squash, it has made a place in my menu as well. I just have it on the side. I did chicken cabobs on the grill. I ate the chicken, bell peppers, pineapple, and onion all together.
  • JersryGirl31
    Options
    I look forward to trying some of these recipes.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    bump =)
  • sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump for later x
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Just ate spaghetti squash for dinner (my first time eating it!)

I made it with EVOO, Italian seasoning, fresh basil, and parmesan cheese....let's just say it took everything I had not to eat the whole 2lb squash I roasted.....SOO DELICIOUS!!!! I will absolutely be eating this again and frequently!!
  • Serenity64
    Options
    I like it with pasta sauce and green peas.
  • akirkwood16
    akirkwood16 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    bump. I need some new ideas for this as well. I just bake it and add some cooked onion and green pepper to it with a little EVOO and what ever seasonings I'm in the mood for at that time.
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time this week. I love it with just some salt and pepper and a drop of fried onions. I also made this:

http://www.diabetesdaily.com/forum/recipes/40610-savory-passover-kugel-spaghetti-squash