WHY AM I NOT LOOSING WEIGHT ????? HELP IM DOING EVERYTHING I

Options
Hey guys, really looking for some help here. I am not over weight and only have 4kilos to go but i am still not loosing weight !! Why is this ?? I am doing everything I can, im under my calorie goal every day and im working out for an hour a day (and i dont mean light exercise). Im burning an average 650 cals a day on exercise and despite my calorie counter saying i should loose a pound a weight i havent seen any change!! Please tell me where Im going wrong ??? Any advice greatly appreciated !!

Replies

• dizzy1403
    dizzy1403 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you're not eating your calorie goal and working out twice as much as you should, I would say you are in "starvation mode".
  • deetra
    deetra Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hey thanks for your reply ....im dont think im working out more than i should (an hour a day) and i dont think im starving myself, i am eating breakfast and a good dinner every day, i just happen to be below on my calories because when i work out i do not eat back my calories as to me it defeats the purpose !! I seem to have been stuck on the same weight for around 8 months and so thats why i have upped the exercise but my eating is pretty much the same !! I do not know why i cant shift the last few kilos ? have u reached your goal or are you loosing weight steadily ?
  • gibernaurocks15
    Options
    muscle is heavier than fat. Are you loosing inches rather than kilos ? Just a thought.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm not all knowledgeable by any means but eating more seems to be the thing to do - can't hurt to try it. And starvation mode doesn't mean you feel hungry, just your metabolism slows - meaning you won't lose weight. People on here say try eating more for approximately a month - you need to eat back some of your exercise calories I think is the usual thing.
  • deetra
    Options
    Hey, em well i guess so that wud be true, ive lost weight off my waist and ive lost weight off my thighs and they have become more defined but my kilos seem to have gone up by a kilo and a half or so. I am trying to loose 4 kilos so if im turning my fat into muscle and that weighs more then how will I end up loosing weight ??
  • deetra
    Options
    ye i know i have heard that about eating more aswell but i couldnt bring myself to do that, i did try doing the eat every 2 hours thing where i was eating small meals but that didnt seem to work...........im getting annoyed now not seeing results !!
  • sssygirl
    sssygirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree, you should try eating at least some of your exercise calories back. Start with half for a week or two and see what happens. Also try changing up your workout.
    Another thought is your carb intake. For me, when I overdo the simpler carbs like potatoes, bread and pasta, my weight goes up or I do not lose any that week.
    Good Luck
  • mlang1955
    mlang1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    when i work out i do not eat back my calories as to me it defeats the purpose !!

I have lost 14 pounds and I almost always eat back the majority of my exercise calories. The goal calories that MFP recommends you eat has already deducted for your weight loss goal for the week. Thus, your exercise calories are free calories to eat. By not eating these calories, you body is getting more accustomed to getting by on less and thus you will not lose.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    You are probably under eating which is why many people stall.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    when i work out i do not eat back my calories as to me it defeats the purpose !!

yes, it defeats the purpose of working out. stop working out or start eating properly.
  • mlang1955
    mlang1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If you open up your diary, we might be able to provide additional suggestions!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

yes, it defeats the purpose of working out. stop working out or start eating properly.

QFFT
  • deetra
    Options
    Thanks guys, I know everyone hear seems to be saying that i should be eating more so maybe it is something that i should look into, today for example i have had 1300 or so calories so its not that im starving, ive had cereal, fruit, meat and veg , ive even had a gin and tonic!! So i dont know, maybe i should try and eat more but i do not where to draw the line at eating enough and over eating, as i said in a recent post, i generally have 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks! Could there be any other reasons for not loosing weight ??
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Eating back exercise calories has worked well for me personally. I know that's just one personal experience, but if what you've been doing is no longer working, it's a good time to try something a little different. Also don't forget to take a rest day every now and then. :-)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    So i dont know, maybe i should try and eat more but i do not where to draw the line at eating enough and over eating

Eat until it says "0 calories remaining".
    Could there be any other reasons for not loosing weight ??

Perhaps, but undereating seems to be the #1 or #2 most common cause here on MFP.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Ya, this. The deficit is already included in your calorie goal. You make it bigger by exercising and too big by not eating the exercise calories back.
  • deetra
    Options
    I agree, you should try eating at least some of your exercise calories back. Start with half for a week or two and see what happens. Also try changing up your workout.
    Another thought is your carb intake. For me, when I overdo the simpler carbs like potatoes, bread and pasta, my weight goes up or I do not lose any that week.
    Good Luck

Hey thanks a million for your reply, i tend not to overdo it where possible on the carbs they are a nightmare i know !!
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options

this one. if you don't eat, you don't fuel your body properly, and it holds on to fat which is stored energy.
  • deetra
    Options

Ya, this. The deficit is already included in your calorie goal. You make it bigger by exercising and too big by not eating the exercise calories back.

ok i get ya, thanks for that, god i will have to try eat back some of my calories from now on !!