What is your goal if you're 5'3!???

Options

Replies

• RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my official 'goal' weight is 135. I'll have to wait and see what I look like anywhere from 140-125 though and would be happy with anything in that range as long as I felt good about the way I look.
  • dlchrist
    dlchrist Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2 and my goal is 145, that would be 40 lbs lost, im currently at 165 so 20 more to go!
  • shanel97654
    shanel97654 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5'3 and have set my goal in increments. Once I get to my initial goal of 157, then I would like (love) to drop to 140. :happy:
  • roger9
    roger9 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm a almost 5'4'' and my goal weight is 115. My sister was 108 last summer and she looked too skinny, but I'm 133 and have a ways to go!
  • BrittanieGo
    BrittanieGo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I think my goal is 145 ish, I am at 176 right now, and I have lost 107 pounds already. I have no idea though on the specific number. When I get there and feel good and don't have to spend everyday at the gym and obsessing over every bite, and not gain, then I will be at goal :)
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm not so much as big on the number on the scale as my size jeans/how my clothes fit. My goal is 115, BUT I do know in high school I was a competitive swimmer and I weighed between 115-118 and looked absolutely too thin, BUT I was a size 0 and a ton of muscle. My goal is to be a comfortable size 2 (I'm a 4/6 right now) and to feel comfortable and look good in my clothes, BUT I also have a very petite frame and bone structure, so a size 2 may not be reasonable for all people. I have plenty of friends who I think look amazing and are a 6/8 and the same height as me, it just all depends on your body shape and bone structure. I would ultimately say pick around 135-130 to start with and then go from there, and don't be obsessed with the number on the scale! Its all about how you feel in your clothes and what you're comfortable with, not necessarily the number on the scale!
  • fragilestrength
    Options
    my goal was 125. im down to 117
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    120 pounds or 36-24-6 measurements.. What ever comes first haha.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    108-115.
  • AimeeKessler
    AimeeKessler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 years old with three kids...I'm small boned, and I'm setting my goal at 125. Would love to be a bit lower, but I suspect my pre-pregnancy 110 is a vain goal. I'll be happy to be muffin-top free and toned.

Very pleased to see that, only a few pounds in, most of my pants (usually size 6-8 petite) are loose!
  • margie777mar
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and now I wait 139.. My goal is 135, I dont want to loose more because i look to skinny....
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 130. That's the number that's always stood out in my head. With that said, though, I'm honestly just chugging along, 10 lbs at a time and who knows? Maybe I'll get to 140 & feel like I'm in a good place. I want to be healthy. That's the bottom line. I'm 2+ years to 40... ugh, sounds worse out loud... and I want to be 40, FIT AND FABULOUS. Even though I plan to be to my goal well before my 40th!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 108lbs currently. My goal is to lose body fat.
  • jcdellop
    jcdellop Posts: 18
    Options
    I have wondered the same thing. So I Googled it!! Here is a fantastic link that I think was the most helpful:
    http://web4health.info/en/answers/ed-dia-weight-ideal.htm

I am just under 5'4" and this chart says that for ideal weight AND longest life, it says I should weigh between 132 and 147. I liked that answer!! I think 140 would be ideal.
  • spotlighthw
    spotlighthw Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    5'3 and my goal is 107, which isn't too far off from where I am now! But truth be told, I care more about how I feel and how my clothes fit, more so than the number on the scale.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my goal weight is about 130, I want to be a size 8 by then. If I increase my strength training and toning, I could even get to a size 6.
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    im 5'4" currently at 130lbs, goal is to lose 15lbs.
  • GCNerd
    GCNerd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A six pack by the August long weekend.

I'm 5' almost 3". Started at 130#. Thought I'd aim for 115#, but think if I'm going to get stronger, then the weight itself doesn't matter - I'd prefer a hot body (with abs) for swimsuit season.

I'm in the same boat. I started at 135 lbs and am aiming for 115, but at 125 right now, I'm not as concerned about the number on the scale as much as getting the muscle and strength for a good -looking body.
  • leap314
    leap314 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' too and my goal is 135-140. That's where I like myself at, clothes fit good and I still have some curves!
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and currently weigh 120. I'm still not happy with how I look, I;d like to be more toned and get rid of the flab on my stomach!