Do you weigh yourself during TOM?

Options
2»

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I bloat up bad pre-TOM, so during the actual time I usually have a loss. When I was on bc I thought it was hormonal (my weight would only change during the 7 days of placebos), but since it is continuing now, I don't know... but I always get my lowest weights during my TOM (right now on day 3 and I'm down two pounds from where I was Saturday. Down 0.2 pounds since yesterday). I just have to be mindful that I don't get to keep these numbers usually.
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    I use to weigh myself during TOM, and I would see a 5-8 pound difference. I feel for ya ladies. On the flip side, this is one thing I DO NOT miss. Good luck to you all.
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    yes. and you know why? ... because when i see the scale moves up a couple pounds sometimes and then i see it go back to normal the day after tom goes away, it's good to know that. because of tracking, i worry less about the numbers during tom even when its crazy numbers and know that it's just the norm. I can even predict when tom comes because of the day before lol! i track it all because it's good to know that my body fluctuates but always has a pattern. same with when i lose weight. i actually gain .5 pound or more for a week then drop some. it's a fun experiment lol
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I do, and generally if I'm still eating well and drinking enough water, I'm still down - maybe not as much as my normal weekly loss, but still a bit. But that's just me - not everyone is like that! I've never been much of a bloater, except if I'm eating high salt foods.
  • fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use to gain the week I ovulate AND during TOM. Now that I'm gluten intolerant, I don't gain those weeks, but I don't lose either. I still weigh every day and because of that, that's how I know that is what my body is doing. I use to let it bother me, but I'm older and wiser now and don't let little fluctuations get to me. I use to gain 3-5 lbs during those weeks and it was so frustrating!
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes, twice to be sure ;)
    lol oh jeeze
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and graft it. I know it sounds ocd, but it helps me to see where my wt spikes the most during my cycle and how long it takes me to get the excess wt off after my cycle. So to answer your question, yes I do.
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I do, but I need to stop.. It depresses me every time and that is usually my down hill spiral. With Easter and TOM being the same I was up a few pounds so now I'm really frustrated..
  • ebaywidow
    ebaywidow Posts: 30
    Options
    I do weigh myself at that time. I can honestly gain up to 7 - 10 pounds in water weight and have to wear pants 2 sizes bigger which drives me crazy & it never fails to be right at a time when I need to look my best. I track my cycle and hit the herbal diuretics a few days before I start and a few days into it. Such a miserable time because I swell up like a water balloon. I sooo envy my post-menopausal & post-hysterectomy friends!!
  • DianeSwartzs
    DianeSwartzs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree! :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I weight myself like three times a day lol.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily no matter what ... It just keeps me accountable for my actions and keeps me "in the know" with how my body is doing. I KNOW all about how the scale goes up and down because I see if everyday - it doesn't bother me. So weighing in daily EVEN during TOM works for me. AND honestly ever since starting this journey the week of TOM I actually end up losing 1 lb or so - which isn't a lot, but its better than the 3-4 lbs of water weight I used to gain during TOM.
  • tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself, but I gain up to 5 pounds those weeks and quickly lose it the following week. Just don't get discouraged. Just watch and wait. Not a week to record.