Or you could just eat right...
  • Kmw2136
    Kmw2136 Posts: 2
    Options
    You should try the V8 Vegetable and Juice smoothies. They are delicious
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    When fruits and veggies are in season, we will make a lot of fresh juice in our house and there are some days that I will replace 1-2 meals a day and I am very careful to keep my calories high enough. What I can tell you that this does for me is to help with some digestive issues I have had since I was very young. No doctor has ever been able to diagnose me with anything, despite a boatload of symptoms. Even with keeping my calories up and making sure the solid food I am eating is primarily protein, I still will get headaches at first and need to use the restroom very frequently. If you are set on doing a 10 day juice fast, you should at the very least make sure you involve a medical doctor that has supervised these for other people. If you are doing it strictly for weight loss, not the best option.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Or you could just eat right...
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It would seem more reasonable to just incorporate the vegetable/fruit juicing into a normal diet rather than cutting out regular food entirely. For instance if you're a junk food junkie(like me), replace junk food with juicing. But not everything you eat with it. I can see the logic in a "jump start" thing but it really doesn’t seem necessary. You would benefit just as much by just adding the juicing to your diet AND you wouldn’t have to suffer those 10 days. Because you would be getting those extra nutrients on top of the everyday ones you give your body.
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The key to juice and water fasting is having the right mind set and the most important and most challenging part is how you break the fast and the food choices you make after the fast is over and you start introducing solid foods again. Done right it can be a jump start to a healthier lifestyle.
  • nbrooks427
    Options
    I'm on day 11 of a 30 day "reboot". I think the key is to determine what your real reason is? Are you doing it just to lose weight or are there underlying issues? I have Ulcerative Colitis and despite the tons of money I've spent on medicine, nothing has really helped. The guy from the movie also had an Autoimmune Disease. This is why I started it. The key is to make sure that you are being supervised by a doctor. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.
  • miKACKsh
    miKACKsh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i 100% believe that you will see a difference in your symptoms. just doing a 10 day juice reboot i noticed a huge difference in mine. mind you i also went online and reserched which foods aggravate my sysptoms as well. keep in mind that this is not a life long diet plan but the more you stick to a raw food lifestyle the better you will feel. i have found some excellent sites for juice recipes and some great vegan/vegetarian ones as well. try " juicerdetoxrecipes.com " " energiseforlife.com " or "rawfooddiet.wetpaint.com " these are all excellent sources to find recipes for one or a group ...
  • KCrankshaw
    KCrankshaw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Veggie Juice Recipe

Yield: Four 8oz. glasses

Ingredients

4 Med sized ripe tomatoes
    2 celery stalks
    2 carrots
    1 Orange (wedges) or Apple (cored but unpeeled)
    1 Lemon (skinned wedges)
    1 Lime (skinned wedges)
    Berries (optional)
    1 Tbsp Hot sauce (optional but strongly recommended)
    2 Tbsp Omega 3 Oil from flax seeds
    1 C Cold Water

Cooking Directions

Puree everything together in a blender.
    Add water if you want the juice to be thinner.

The important thing is to use a blender and not a juicer as in the trailer. Why throw away all that nutritious fiber that gets extruded from a juicer? Not that I am endorsing any particular brand of blender, but I love my Vita Mix blender. It is powerful and blends anything!
    Cheers!
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I did a 10 day juice fast. The first 3 days were awful. I just wanted to eat. Then, it got so much better. I planned to go longer than 10 days but by 10, I wanted real food. And I ate it, and got the worst tummy ache ever! Make sure to ease back into it. I also lost 10lbs but gained them all back plus some in the following couple weeks. So, not fun, not good for weight loss, and SOOO not worth it, IMHO. My juicer has been in the basement for over a year. Shoot, you could have it. if you wanted it! lol I will NEVER do a juice fast again.

Yes. Even if you do the transition back to solid foods correctly, which spares you the tummy ache, it's utterly pointless for weight loss. I regained everything I'd lost within three or four days.