Do you eat when you're not hungry?

Options
Question:

It's just about 1 PM and passed lunch time. I still have 1100 calories left for today but I'm just not feeling hungry at all.

Do you eat when you're not hungry just to use your calories?

I need advise!

Replies

• yhateme1
    yhateme1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    all the time.... So what i do is calculate in low call snacks .. like 100 cal items carrots or apple wedges
  • downhomechik
    Options
    all the time.... So what i do is calculate in low call snacks .. like 100 cal items carrots or apple wedges

thats a good idea.
    For me: I don't eat when I'm not hungry thinking....oh hooray, finally ! I'm wondering if this is the best choice to not eat?
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I eat all the time too and can not go to sleep if HUNGRY
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I only eat when i'm hungry. but it usually works out to be every 2-3 hours.

* unless I am bored... which is usually the worst time to eat... that and in front of the tv.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I do! If it's been over 3 hours since my last meal, I try to eat at least a small meal or snack. Otherwise, by the time I do get around to eating another meal, I'm ravenous and will overdo it.
  • graceleigh614
    Options
    I'm trying to only eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full.
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. I plan my meals, I have the 3 meals of the day plus snacks. If I wait to get hungry, I risk eating the wrong food.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Not hungry? What's that???

I budget in snacks that I can look forward to and count on having...if only I resist all the unscheduled, unhealthy, unplanned things.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    yes
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I went ahead and got some salad with cut up veggies in it and a slice of wheat bread with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • Chari_Jan
    Chari_Jan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2 - 3 hours whether I'm hungry or not. If I wait till I'm hungry...chances are good that I'm not going to make a very wise choice.
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    I only eat when I am hungry. However, sometimes someone will offer me a snack and after I take a bite I realize that I actually am hungry after all! Or, if it's been over 4 hours and I'm still not feeling it, I will eat something just to get it in my system.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Yes, sometimes a bad mid-afternoon habit I'm trying to kick. Never to use up calories though, I don't seem to have that problem! My calories always seem to be gone before I know it!
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am in no way going to say this eloquently, so here's hoping someone else says it better and with more details.

I have read that "trusting" our hunger queues is kinda what got us into this "mess" in the first place. Until we are at a healthy weight and a healthy metabolism, it is important to eat regularly, and well. Or we might end up stalling our weight loss by messing with metabolism. That's why I eat even when I'm not feeling hungry. Cause I know I must be, just environment is tricking me somehow, like my babies all needing something different from 12 - 1, then wanting to just rest after they get down for a nap. LOL

I'm surprised you're not hungry! You have such a fab diet and you have been doing so well! Maybe you are just having a "day" today. But it is important to regularly eat when you are breast feeding too. When my calories get too low, my body stops making milk for my boy. Maybe if you have a little snack you might find you really are hungry for lunch. Then you'll have another one of your deelish wraps!
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yes because I have to make sure I get my calories in for the day.
  • honeydiva
    honeydiva Posts: 14
    Options
    Oh how I wish I had this problem...but when I eat lunch late due to work, I am usually not that hungry when I get home and then around 8 or 9 I am starving and want to pig out. So I have to remember to eat a snack so I do not totally over do it!
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    I am in no way going to say this eloquently, so here's hoping someone else says it better and with more details.

I have read that "trusting" our hunger queues is kinda what got us into this "mess" in the first place. Until we are at a healthy weight and a healthy metabolism, it is important to eat regularly, and well. Or we might end up stalling our weight loss by messing with metabolism. That's why I eat even when I'm not feeling hungry. Cause I know I must be, just environment is tricking me somehow, like my babies all needing something different from 12 - 1, then wanting to just rest after they get down for a nap. LOL

I'm surprised you're not hungry! You have such a fab diet and you have been doing so well! Maybe you are just having a "day" today. But it is important to regularly eat when you are breast feeding too. When my calories get too low, my body stops making milk for my boy. Maybe if you have a little snack you might find you really are hungry for lunch. Then you'll have another one of your deelish wraps!

Thanks! This is pretty much the answer I was looking for :) I had a feeling you pretty much had to eat even when you aren't hungry :) I for sure don't want another stall in the loss!
  • codylawson
    codylawson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite now that i use MFP, I see how much I have left and I get nervoud\s about going over. I try timing my meals out so I dont get hungry, but I am always hungry ( bored sometimes too ) I know I am having something high in calories for dinner so I am trying not to eat untill 6pm
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If I only ate when I was hungry I wouldn't eat breakfast, and probably not having anything until well after 2pm.
    Then I'd wait til about 9 or 10pm and have a huge dinner.

That would be soooo horrible for my body.

It's important to kick-start your metabolism in the morning and eat within a 30-60 minutes after waking.
    Throughout the day keep yourself satisfied by snacking every 2-3 hours so you don't get too hungry and over indulge in the next meal.
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options
    That is right!
    If I wait until I'm starving I tend overeat.

Even if Im not feeling hungry, once I peel my orange or whatever, I start eating it and I find appetite. Once Im done I have to struggle a little to give the snack a finish.

Dieting for me was changing from eating twice a day really big meals (like 2500 kcals a meal) to at least 5 meals (2 500-600 kcals) for a total of 1400-1600 (IDEALLY).