Where's the love... Don't be offended

Options

Replies

• myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Everyone deserves to be treated with kindness and compassion. Very long, but well said.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    That's from the Single Dad Laughing blog, at http://www.danoah.com/

Just for the sake of giving appropriate credit where due.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    <3

That's all I have to say.

(Not gay, but DEPISE homophobes and peoplewhoclaimnottobehomophobicbutstillmakederogatoryandignorantremarks)
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I posted this to my FB not long ago. There is a great follow up as well, a letter from a mother of a gay teen, that had me in tears. This guys blog is GREAT.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Bob, God is smiling on you. It really is about love. You nailed it!

^^^^ This - know that even though I do not know you or Jacob - I love you and my prayers are with the two of you and this journey of love and acceptance.

Very well written - kudos to the two of you.
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That was one of the most beautiful things I've read in a long time. I've always felt that we are all amazing, unique, one of a kind masterpieces of God. How another person chooses to live their life is not now, nor will it ever be, any of my business. I refuse to judge others. I sure as hell wouldn't want them to judge my life, as I'm pretty sure I'd come up lacking. Why not extend a hand to a stranger? That person could save your life someday.
    Mahatma Gandhi said: "Be the change you want to see in the world."
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    "Like"
  • AppleCoffee
    Options
    This is really lovely, any friends you lose over it aren't worth having :)
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I am Christian......I believe everyone has the right to happiness. It is not my place to judge others and there choices. If I did, that would make me a hypocrite.....Since we are suppose to love thy neighbor!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    That's from the Single Dad Laughing blog, at http://www.danoah.com/

Just for the sake of giving appropriate credit where due.

Specifically, here: http://www.danoah.com/2011/11/im-christian-unless-youre-gay.html

I love it a lot.
  • novelty79
    novelty79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes to this X infinity!
  • ckes84
    ckes84 Posts: 52
    Options
    All you need is love! :smile:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest, I didn't read all of it... I kind of get a little ADD like when there is a bunch of text and I honestly can't focus... but I think I get the gist of what you were saying and I believe that I agree with you...

My personal belief is this... that yes, homosexuality is a sin... simply because God stated it as such in the old laws.... HOWEVER, that does not mean that I get to hate, judge, shun, otherwise not show love to a person who says they are gay... Why? Because I too am a sinner... I too have sin in my life... I am a glutton... I wouldn't be here if I weren't... I am slothful more often than not... again, I wouldn't be here if I weren't... The example that Christ showed was to NOT cast stones at those that sin, even if we are without sin... Just like I don't accept my own sins (again, if I did I wouldn't be here) I don't accept the sins of others as well... HOWEVER, I do tolerate them just like others tolerate mine... None of us is perfect, none of us is righteous... so what gives us the right to act in such a way. It is between God and the individual on the repentance of sin and since I am no where in that equation, I have no idea how far away or close to God someone is to make any sort of judgement on their life... and even if I were, I would have to be totally cleansed of my own sin before I could make any judgement on anyone else's.. for any reason.... and to be honest, that's probably not going to happen until after I have died and been judged by God.

BTW: I loathe and dispise Westboro Baptist Church.... and am extremely glad that the SBC has choosen to not recognize them in the Convention.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    well said
  • IARXPHD
    IARXPHD Posts: 14
    Options
    Being a person who has left "faith", I'm very much in agreement with the statement.
    Once I quit worrying about the rules men wrote in a book 2000 years ago, I started living.
    I'm kinder, calmer, more charitable in my finances and in my time. For I now look upon life as something wonderful and precious but that is so rare in the Universe that I want to leave the earth as a better place than when I was born. Period.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    This whole piece brought me to tears
    it makes sense to me....I hope it makes just as much sense to others :flowerforyou:

^^^ exactly the same for me :flowerforyou:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    TL;DR...

but in all seriousness tolerance is thinking someone has the wrong idea but choosing to let them be wrong. :)

We could all use more tolerance, even for the ideas we hate.

Ironically, hating the haters makes us haters... so instead maybe we could try loving our enemy and leading by example instead of returning kind with kind, you know what I mean?

Anyway, I gather that was the point of your post. :)
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    bump. Need to read when am not at work.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am Christian, without caveats. Our household is big on the "judge not" side of things. "Love thy neighbor" says nothing about "unless your neighbor is X" so that's what we do.