Long Distance Relationship

Options
1235»

Replies

• shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I did it, for 5 out of 9 years before things fell apart. I agree with the person who said they were in this serious committed relationship but felt like they were going through day to day life alone, it can be really tough. I also agree with the poster who said you need to have an end in sight, a plan for the future for when/how you're going to be together, a long distance relationship cannot be indefinite.

I am now in a relationship that is not long distance and it's a completely different, wonderful experience, so looking back I can't imagine doing long distance again, but I completely understand why people do.
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    He was in California, I am in MD.
    He moved here after a year, then had to economically move to Florida. Hardest thing I have ever done. The tides will soon change, and our lives will once again be united. It is worth every minute!
    Skype is a mighty splendor thing!
    3 years and counting.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I was in one for a couple of years. We were 2400 miles apart. June will be our 13th ann.!

This is amazing, I am 1800 miles from my SO and looks like it will be a while before one of us can move. This is inspirational.

True love will survive. It is a great test. After the test, you will never have to question each other's love. Good luck to you two!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    For! I was in one, He lived in Orange County California and I lived in Fremont County Colorado. We have been married for 3 and a half years and have known each other since December 2003! You and the other person just have to want to make it work. Kevin and I are perfect for each other, I love my hubby so much!!!
  • crochelle17
    crochelle17 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    all for it!! i lived in the states, hubby was in england and we made it work for 2 years then got married, been married for 6 yrs come this may :) YAY!!