HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

Options
124»

Replies

• MissSonjaBelle
    MissSonjaBelle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh good lord these aren't 'healthy' at all! Sorry to burst ur bubble :sad:
    Stevia is a fantastic idea, honey is not, artificial sweetener = less fat/calories. Yesss!
    OMG they do sound amazing though. I don't know if i would get past the batter stage of making them, i'd just eat it out of the bowl yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • MissSonjaBelle
    MissSonjaBelle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    PS: WHAT DOES BUMP MEAN??????
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump
  • UmmShahad
    UmmShahad Posts: 37
    Options
    Bump
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump

( Defintely going to make these this weekend!)
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Okay, I guess I'm confused. Using the MFP recipe calculator, a cup of regular PB is 1,680, a cup of sugar is 720, and a medium egg is 65 and no calories in the baking soda. A recipe making 12 cookies comes to 205 calories each, 18 cookies are 137 each.

I actually just made a variation of the recipe using "lighter" ingredients, and it came out pretty good...but still more than 36 calories each. I halved the recipe, using 1/2 cup of Jif PB, 1/2 cup of Sweet Additions sweetener for baking, 2 tbsp of egg substitute, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 2 tsp ground flax seed. I pressed them crisscross with a fork and sprinkled one packet of raw sugar over all 9 cookies on the sheet (it was more than enough to give them a homemade look/taste). I baked them at 350 for 10 minutes, and they came out nice and soft. They weren't really as moist as I would like (that might have been the flax seed), but they taste pretty good. Again using the MFP recipe calculator, they came to 93 calories each.
  • n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :)
  • agreenmess
    Options
    bumping for later :)
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i hate to break it to you guys, but there isn't really anything "healthy" about these cookies. i supose having peanut butter makes them have more protien then the average cookie. but, like other people have mentioned, the math on the calories is way off, and the cookies are 1/2 sugar. nothing that is 1/2 sugar is healthy.
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm actually considering making these right now or at the very least sometime tomorrow. Does anyone have any idea how many grams of sugar each cookie has with this recipe? I'm on a low sugar diet but I adore peanut butter.

I just made mine with Stevia in the Raw (Baking).. so they were sugar free =))

Thank you Amanda, I've honestly never tried any table sugar alternative other than Sugar in the Raw and Agave Nectar. Does Stevia in the raw taste like sugar?
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Here's my adaptation from last night, when I REALLY didn't have time to do it - especially as I had to duck back out to the shop for something at 8pm.

1 cup Homemade Mixed Nut Butter
    70 grams Natvia (Stevia) - 1/3 cup
    60 grams CSR Dark Brown Sugar - 1/3 cup
    2 tbsp Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
    30 grams Primal Fuel Dark Chocolate Protein Powder
    60 grams Nature's Way Natural Soy Protein Powder
    1 tsp Baking Soda
    1 Large Egg
    1 Egg White

I got 21 out of the batch but didn't realise how much they would spread so would probably make them even smaller next time. Per Biscuit:
    Calories: 78
    Carbs: 5
    Fat: 5
    Sat Fat: 1
    Protein: 5
    Sodium: 101 (mostly from baking soda so will probably skip it next time).
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    Healthy Peanut Butter cookies! Only 36 calories per cookie!

Ingredients:

1 Cup Peanut butter
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 TSP baking soda
    1 egg

Mix the peanut butter and sugar first then add in the egg and baking soda. Bake for 10 minutes on 350 degrees. They’re delicious!
    So I made these. They are delicious! But must be Hershey kiss size to be under 100 calories. I made 15 rounded tablespoons but are about 200 + calories a piece. Yummy recipe tho!!
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm actually considering making these right now or at the very least sometime tomorrow. Does anyone have any idea how many grams of sugar each cookie has with this recipe? I'm on a low sugar diet but I adore peanut butter.

I just made mine with Stevia in the Raw (Baking).. so they were sugar free =))
    Good idea to lower sugar and calories. Peanut butter usually has a lot of sugar all by its self tho.