Is it ok to be with someone who....

Options

Replies

• lisaslim1976
    Options
    You're 29. Cut him loose and move on. Life is too short to be in a passionless relationship. Been with my wife for almost 25 years now. I still get tongue-tied around her. I still get excited by her gaze, her touch, her smell. And she feels the same way. I always catch her looking at me when she thinks I am distracted by something else and I am always sneaking a peek at her too.

If you don't have that going both ways, you have a room mate.

Wonderful :-)
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you're okay with. From the sounds of it, you aren't. I would not be okay with it either.
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    You're 29. Cut him loose and move on. Life is too short to be in a passionless relationship. Been with my wife for almost 25 years now. I still get tongue-tied around her. I still get excited by her gaze, her touch, her smell. And she feels the same way. I always catch her looking at me when she thinks I am distracted by something else and I am always sneaking a peek at her too.

Me and my hubby are the same, he catches me just gazing at him, i think hes the most perfect man ever, i cant get enough of him, and i know without question he feels the same about me.....quite often he will tell me how he was watching me do something around the house earlier and how he loves just watching me and how i move....
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Don't be with, or be friends with, anyone who doesn't value the relationship as much as you do. Everyone needs to be considered attractive and if he, the one person who should most be able to, can't tell you you're pretty, dump him.

I agree with this. His friend is right, he needs to fall on his face to realise what he's missed. Get rid of him and he'll soon learn that you were the best thing he had :)
  • sausagelegs
    sausagelegs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow women!!! listen to yourself....this other girl skinnier...bla bla bla grow some confidence play the game strut yourself get that attention he will feel like **** and never look anywhere else again....i agree with the fact that notebook is stupid but i also believe that respect is KEY to a relationship and if you dont have self respect enough to realise him going with another girl 'skinnier prettier' then he will never learn to have that respect for you. YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN YOUR GORGEOUSNESS PLAY THE GAME LOVE LIFE FEEL AMAZING you put it in you'll get it back 100% other women pshhhhhhhhhhh what other women do you believe that you have given this man lots?! If you do then own that know that believe that and do your thing if you're going to be pandering to his every need maybe he will feel like what you felt like when those guys were being tooooo needy and yuk and will look for a challenge elsewhere.....

Wow long sentence sorry didnt have time to take a breath COME ON WOMEN YOU ARE BEAUTIFULLL!!! GAH dont let ANYONE make you feel differently!!!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Seen as you look the same as when you met, its not like you need to just loose a little weight to get back to how you were when you met and him find you attractive again like he did in the beginning... It that were the case you could work on it but its not. I just can't understand why a man would date someone who he initially wasn't attracted to. I could understand more if he met you found you beautiful, you fell in love, gained weight but he loved you so it didn't matter that he found you less attractive. I can't help wonder if he's playing games with you in a abusive way, because why would he have dated you in the first place if there was no attraction and you've not changed. Doesn't make sense. Somethings off. I'm really sorry but I'm wondering if he's already got something with this other woman, and this is his way of splitting up with you because he hasn't got the guts to just do it? I may be totally wrong but it doesn't make sense! X
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    give your head a shake
    you're being played

the longer you live in your unrealistic fantasy
    the harder its gunna be to get out!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're settling and making excuses. Forget how he feels about you - how do you feel about yourself when you do that?
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is judging this guy as a *kitten* when really at worst he is in a relationship with someone who he has either grown apart from, or misjudged his level of interest in the beginning.

As for what the OP should do - well I think everyone can probably agree that whatever they think of both parties, there are clearly issues. It's all fine and well to keep bumbling on out of comfort, but you will both wind up resenting each other. He will resent you if he doesn't find you attractive, and you will resent him for not letting you go and being stuck in an unhappy relationship.

The obvious course of action is to call a day on it. However, reading that in an internet forum isn't going to make your mind up. Breaking up with someone is almost as bad as being broken up with. Especially when you love that person and are making the decision based on your head, not your heart.

I think over time hopefully you will get the courage up.

Also - no matter what you are going to have to go back to being single for a period of time, that is unless you get someone lined up to go to which is not a good idea because a) that is essentially cheating (in fact, in my opinion, it is worse on a lot of levels) and b) going straight into another relationship isn't usually the best course of action, especially when you will still be in love with this guy - you need to take time off and get your head straight.

Just my thoughts...
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is judging this guy as a *kitten* when really at worst he is in a relationship with someone who he has either grown apart from, or misjudged his level of interest in the beginning.

As for what the OP should do - well I think everyone can probably agree that whatever they think of both parties, there are clearly issues. It's all fine and well to keep bumbling on out of comfort, but you will both wind up resenting each other. He will resent you if he doesn't find you attractive, and you will resent him for not letting you go and being stuck in an unhappy relationship.

The obvious course of action is to call a day on it. However, reading that in an internet forum isn't going to make your mind up. Breaking up with someone is almost as bad as being broken up with. Especially when you love that person and are making the decision based on your head, not your heart.

Also - no matter what you are going to have to go back to being single for a period of time, that is unless you get someone lined up to go to which is not a good idea because a) that is essentially cheating (in fact, in my opinion, it is worse on a lot of levels) and b) going straight into another relationship isn't usually the best course of action, especially when you will still be in love with this guy - you need to take time off and get your head straight.

Just my thoughts...

Thank you.
    There's a song over here that sums up my feelings perfectly.

"You Don't Know Her Like I Do"

Hey old friend, thanks for callin'
    It's good to know somebody cares
    Yeah she's gone, but I don't feel like talkin'
    It might be just too much to bear
    To hear somebody say it stops hurting
    Or to hear somebody say she ain't worth it

'Cause you don't know her like I do
    You'll never understand
    You don't know we've been through
    That girl's my best friend
    And there's no way you're gonna help me
    She's the only one who can
    No, you don't know how much I've got to lose
    You don't know her like I do

I can't forget, I'm drowning in these memories
    It fills my soul with all the little things
    And I can't cope, it's like a death inside the family
    It's like she stole my way to breathe
    So don't try to tell me I'll stop hurting
    And don't try to tell me she ain't worth it

Cause you don't know her like I do
    You'll never understand

You'll never understand
    There's no way you're gonna help me
    No, you'll never know how much I've got to lose

Not like I do
    Never understand
    That girl's my best friend.

It will take time to mourn the loss of my friend. I know more people than naught are simply telling me to forget him, and just leave, I do deserve to be treated at least the way I treat others, it's just hard to believe that there's someone else out there, that has a heart as big as mine.

Anyway...enough blubbering thank you.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    It will take time to mourn the loss of my friend. I know more people than naught are simply telling me to forget him, and just leave, I do deserve to be treated at least the way I treat others, it's just hard to believe that there's someone else out there, that has a heart as big as mine.

10KEYES and TheRoadDog seem like great examples of amazing men with big hearts and very lucky women. They are proof that there ARE men out there with big hearts. Obviously you know this relationship isn't satisfying you and you deserve better -- otherwise you wouldn't have asked this question. Get out while you still can I say.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    For me there needs to be a certain amount of physical attraction between friends let alone partners

How someone can contemplate being happy with no attraction?

It's made me move on - call me fickle - looks matter
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options

^^^^ This! You are young and beautiful. There is NO reason for you to be in a relationship where the guy isn't attracted to you. You'll find a way to deal with it in the short term, or rationalize that you shouldn't care. But you made this thread, so I think it does matter. And it should. Go with your gut. Find someone who doesn't make you want to ask a group of strangers if your relationship is okay.

Not that you shouldn't have asked! I just think if you're asking, you already know the answer in your heart.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options

Just my thoughts...

Thank you.
    There's a song over here that sums up my feelings perfectly.

"You Don't Know Her Like I Do"

Hey old friend, thanks for callin'
    It's good to know somebody cares
    Yeah she's gone, but I don't feel like talkin'
    It might be just too much to bear
    To hear somebody say it stops hurting
    Or to hear somebody say she ain't worth it

'Cause you don't know her like I do
    You'll never understand

I can't forget, I'm drowning in these memories
    It fills my soul with all the little things
    And I can't cope, it's like a death inside the family
    It's like she stole my way to breathe
    So don't try to tell me I'll stop hurting
    And don't try to tell me she ain't worth it

Cause you don't know her like I do
    You'll never understand

You'll never understand
    There's no way you're gonna help me
    No, you'll never know how much I've got to lose

Not like I do
    Never understand
    That girl's my best friend.

Awwww. That's sad. :frown: You totally know what you want though. You want someone to treat you the way that you treat them. You want someone that sees you as you see them. Or at least closely! You deserve that! Just have to go through with the process.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Also - no matter what you are going to have to go back to being single for a period of time, that is unless you get someone lined up to go to which is not a good idea because a) that is essentially cheating (in fact, in my opinion, it is worse on a lot of levels)

I agree with this comment completely. That's not just cheating, that's cheating and using the other person on top of it. My ex was a professional at this. It's ****ty on all levels.
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    It's up to you, but that would be a deal breaker for me.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question....

Are you really the farmers daughter from all the jokes?

you may continue
  • fatpal1
    fatpal1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Well said Roaddog!!!! I have been a big (fat) girl all my life, I was when I got married almost 18 years ago, and even though I have lost a little . My hubby still gives me that "How you doin" look that curls my toes!!! True love, knows no bounds. No matter what size you are, everyone deserves to be loved like that!!!
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Do not ever settle for a man who merely accepts you. If he doesn't want you desperately, you are wasting your time.

She hit the nail right on the head with this comment. A man whose not passionate about you is just bidding his time with you until he finds someone he is passionate about .
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question....

Are you really the farmers daughter from all the jokes?

you may continue

Well, I'm not sure what the jokes are (I'm sooo naieve) but I really am the farmers daughter if that's any consolation :)