How did 30 Day Shred work for you?

Options

Replies

• determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Jillian is awesome. I started Day 1 at the end of Dec 2011. I was out of shape, for sure. Using 2 lbs weights was hard for me. On day 2 I could barley sit to pee, lol. My quads hurt so good. By day 5/6 I was much better, but the work out still kicked my butt. I finished all 3 levels and took a break for a week then started it back up. 3 days a week l do level 3 only with 7 lbs weights along with couch to 5k and brisk walking.
    In the first 30 days:
    I lost 8 inches &
    2 lbs
  • JodiHop
    JodiHop Posts: 25
    Options
    I have a bad right knee, and Level 2 really aggrivated it..so after a few days of rest, I decided to try it again with modified cardio that i know doesnt hurt my knee and I'M BACK IN THE SWING of it...Just modify, it's YOUR exercise routine...I FINALLY figured out exercising with modifications was MUCH better than not being able to get through the workout at all....GOOD LUCK...
  • kristinabunton
    Options
    yess stretch your quads! i did not and i could barely move my legs the first two days after starting! they are much better now! but def. take the time to stretch them out first!
  • banannie127
    Options
    bump
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Have just finished my first session. Ouch! I found the cardio easy - but the lunges hurt. Have been doing cardio only at the gym the last month though due to time constraints so that would explain it.

Figure if I keep posting on here it will make me more accountable to continue. Will do it again tomorrow then yoga on Friday. :)
  • Jtttusher
    Jtttusher Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am on day four, level one. First two days, I was screaming at the tv....and i could barely sit to pee also. Lol. But now it is easier, thinking of moving to level two tomorrow. I weighed myself this moring and i am already down 1 pound! I will take pounds or inches!! I have noticed already that my thigh muscles are way more pronounced! I so far have lost 17 pounds in just over two months just using my elliptical, but hit a plateau......hoping 30ds gets me back to dropping those pounds!
  • Fedup85
    Fedup85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Start on a Thursday by washing your hair and braiding it or planning on wearing a hat: combing or blow drying hair after workout 1 is awful. You'll still be able to walk Friday morning but you'll be the most sore on Saturday. By Monday you'll start to feel good and strong and by Tuesday you won't feel constantly sore.

30 Day Shred gets results, but do it with a friend or jump into a 30 day shred thread on MFP. Misery loves company!

If losing weight and looking fantastic isn't enough of a reward, think of rewards for each of the levels (new haircut? new workout pants? iTunes download of more Jillian?

Don't forget before/after pics and measurements! You will want them.

Good luck! I'm so excited for you!

Great way of putting it. I am going to start the 30days Shred on Saturday!!! Well I plan on it!!!
  • VanillaTwilight001
    VanillaTwilight001 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've just placed my order for it.. will be getting it tomorrow!!!!

Are you really sore after the first day ?? I've read that everywhere! I was planning on starting it on Monday (just b/c it's the start of the week lol) but I do have uni aswell so will I be really sore for uni ?? Bearing in mind I walk a lot to get there everyday!
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    After some time on level 2 I needed my tins of tomatoes for a lasagne, so had to buy proper weights.

Hahahaha! LOVE this!! :laugh:
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    I am currently on Day 4 of Level 2. It is a tough workout and I find anything in the plank pose really difficult. I actually substitute the plank abs at the very end with bicycle crunches. They are easier on the arms and I find I work my abs out a lot more with those. I figure it is better to do another version of something than stand there flipping the bird at the TV! :ohwell:
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    kford...i do the same thing with them,. i find them not burning anything and switch to abs that i know i am burning during. and you are right..better than standing watching the tv til the next exercise. way to go on the weight loss

I am currently on Day 4 of Level 2. It is a tough workout and I find anything in the plank pose really difficult. I actually substitute the plank abs at the very end with bicycle crunches. They are easier on the arms and I find I work my abs out a lot more with those. I figure it is better to do another version of something than stand there flipping the bird at the TV! :ohwell:
  • sarat1987
    sarat1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Vanilla - You'll be sore after the first couple of days but I think walking to uni woudl be a good way to loosen up. Yesterday was day two for me and I went a short run at night - feel so much better today!

Good luck, I'm gonna do my 3rd day tonight after work!
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I did my first last night - I was all right all day but I am starting to feel it in my legs and chest - just in time for me to do my next session in an hour :(

I did listen to previous posters and did a lot of extra stretching last night, and throughout the day today. I inagine you'd be fine for uni though :)
  • VanillaTwilight001
    VanillaTwilight001 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did my first last night - I was all right all day but I am starting to feel it in my legs and chest - just in time for me to do my next session in an hour :(

I did listen to previous posters and did a lot of extra stretching last night, and throughout the day today. I inagine you'd be fine for uni though :)

Ahh okay, yeah I will deffos do some stretching before and after! Hopefully haha.. I'll be standing most of the day aswell stupid lab work! But "no pain no gain" is my motto :D
    Vanilla - You'll be sore after the first couple of days but I think walking to uni woudl be a good way to loosen up. Yesterday was day two for me and I went a short run at night - feel so much better today!

Good luck, I'm gonna do my 3rd day tonight after work!

Thanks! :). Are you planning on doing it everyday for 30 days ? I've read conflicting advice about whether or not to take a rest day, or do it for a full 30 days.
  • charliesmagic
    Options
    Bump
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sensationallysassyt
    Options
    I Love 30 day shred! I'm actually going to skip Zumba go grocery shopping and pop in my 30 day shred DVD!
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    A note to those who get bored. Mute her. And turn on some Pandora or other workout music. I understand doing the same thing over and over can get annoying but it's so much better with your own music. First time I tried to get through this, I got sick of her voice in only a few days. Then I got sick with the flu :( So, I'm starting over and just completed day three. I'm stretching more on my own now because, yes, I've been walking like a zombie. So, sore! But I already feel more tone! (Maybe it's in my head lol)
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    A note to those who get bored. Mute her.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kimgettinfit
    kimgettinfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Do you have pics of your before/after with 30 day shred?? Would love to see!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!