Are you one of these people?

Options
mckant
mckant Posts: 217 Member
Sometimes I see people on here who are burning up to 1000 calories during their workouts. Is this you? Curiosity is getting the better of me. What are you doing to burn that much and how long are you doing it? I'm bored after a half hour :laugh:

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I was burning like that before when I was bigger but not anymore since I'm small now. The bigger you are, the more calories you burn.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I run...a lot.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've started tracking calories burned during phase 1 of Insanity. (I just finished week 2). And I'm only burning 280-310 calories per 40 minute session. I'm 5'9", 140.... HR avg is 140. My resting HR is around 54. I'm totally bummed..... either my heart rate monitor is messed up or I just don't burn those numbers of calories. :( I was hoping for at least 400 per workout.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    On my longer runs (over 6 miles or so) I'll burn over 1000 calories.
  • davidrapant
    davidrapant Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think that the people who are burning that much is probably not that accurate For instance, if you go by the suggested calorie buns on the exercise tracker vs what a machine where you put in your age, weight, and and level of difficulty on the machine, there are huge differences ELlipticall for 30 min on machine says 250 Cal. Vs 500 Cal on the tracker These are all estimated and aren't that accurate anyway. Just keep up the work and you'll get there. When you exersice at a high intensity for shorter duration, your metabolic rate stays higher longer. If you can, try doing shorter workouts with higher intensity twice a day You'll burn more calories throughout the day and night that way. :-)
  • three36love
    three36love Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Zumba for 2 hours.
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Racquetball (competative) for an hour burns tons of calories and its fun!
  • LasVegasRainbow
    LasVegasRainbow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Long runs is one way. Or in the gym for about an hour and switch between cardio machines......(not every 5 mins) :D
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Running- Long distances (7-8 miles). I wear an HRM with a chest strap so I think it is pretty accurate.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Triathlete, cyclist, masters swimmer.... Plus I'm still fat.

Swimming= 1hr hard efforts
    Cycling= 2-5 hrs depending on my schedule
    Run=1 hr although it doesn't put me up at 1,000 cals burned
    strength sessions=1 hr also not 1,000 cals

Brick workouts (two-a-days) DEFINITELY put me up there.
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome :smile: I'm at the point where I need to start going a little bit harder for a little bit longer if I want to see any more results. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Usually high intensity cardio classes but I'd say it would take me over an hour to burn that many.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I also run alot...I wear HRM with a chest strap as well. Im 5'3, 125 lbs and I can easily burn 1000 calories for an 8 or 9 mile run. It depends on the exercise Im doing and the intensity. Every person is different and yes no matter what HRM you are wearing, everything is approximate. In a day, just from exercise alone I can burn 1500 calories.
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I do about 75 minutes of cardio at the gym plus weights. The Arc Trainer is a big burner. And I run long distances, 6 miles+.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    7 mile run, for my weight, puts be a 1000
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I also wear a HRM with a chest strap.

I generally do a 1 hour walk with our dog and 45 mins on the bike, throw in some steps and theres 1000 calories for the day!
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    yep running at the moment atleast 5 days a week 50 minute sessions, 6-7 klm each session, with a 40 push/situp weight sesion at the end

once or twice i week i go in the morning and then again at night & do another short run half hour run

i generally aim for 800-1000+ cal's burned each session
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA! It's burns alot of calories depending on how much you weight. It's also alot of fun for me so it doesn't seem like a boring workout. The hour class goes by so fast. I LOVE IT! :)
  • carameldelightonly1
    carameldelightonly1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do Zumba, Group Cycling, water exercises, and Sculp & Stretch (lunges, squats, abdominal exercises, lots of cardio) & Kettle Bells!

I love it!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I salute anyone getting those burns!

I'm short and don't have a lot of muscle mass - I could go on an all day hike w/ 600 zillion feet elevation change and not burn that much! :laugh: :noway: