Are you one of these people?

Options

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I usually do this over multiple workouts. Usually running and weights along with a pretty long walk.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I run..
  • Boo522
    Boo522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I strength train for 30 min, eliptical for 60 min, and treadmill for 60 min. By the time I am done I willl have burned at least 1400 calories. I do this anywhere from 4-5 days a week. I am currently 227 lbs.
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ive burned this much doing housework, Im talking baseboards to ceilings!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    2.5 hours on a bike yesterday + walking up steep hills + a step class = burned a little over 2000 cal

for me it works if I split it into smaller bits - 30 min here, 1 hour there. Thats the only way for me to get more than 30 minutes of exercise in.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    the only time i do this is when i go out and actually dance. or if i go for a 3-4 hour hike on a trail not a path.

my average 30 min walk/run is about 500-600

an hour in the gym is also about 500-600.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty heavy, and I can burn that doing cardio for 60+ minutes. I do heavy intensity - massive sweat, high heart rate, intervals - the works.

I think the folks who said it's easier to hit that the heavier you are have it right!
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of hours at the gym! I usually spend at least 1.5-2 hours at the gym to burn just over 1000, and I do high intensity cardio with heavy weight lifting. Mostly I just try to keep my heart rate high the entire time.
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    like most people have posted. I run to burn that much. Get this though.

when I was 299.7lbs- It took me 50minutes to burn 1050 calories

Now at 200lbs- It takes me 1hour 15 minutes

I know why it takes me more time to burn the same amount of calories (When your heavier your heart rate increases faster than if your lighter so it requires more effort to reach the same output when your skinnier and blah blah blah), I just think its cool, but it also sucks at the same time cause thats 25 more minutes on the tredmil/eliptical lol
  • goofyrick24
    goofyrick24 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I burn that or more when I hike Usually with around a 40lb pack on my back...a nice weekend backpacking trip I can burn up to 3000 extra calories a day... but I also have to eat more calories just keep going...
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I havn't in awhile, as I was trying to cut my cardio back a bit as I think my body was holding onto to all the flubber for dear life. :huh: :angry: :explode: :grumble: LOL...But i'm starting to ramp it back up.

A zumba class for me @ home is generally 600-700, or in the studio I take classes it is generally 650-825 cals burned ( all of this per my bodybugg) ...there was a time about 2 months ago, I went a little crazy, and was doing zumba classes back to back...so... that's where my 1500 or so was coming from... ;) I also will do little bits of zumba from youtube on my phone during a 15 min break, walk on lunch or go to the weight room... it's not as hard to accomplish if you find a workout you love!!!!! :love: :bigsmile:
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I burned 1105 yesterday....300+ on a 45 minute walk (brisk pace) at lunch time, 20 mins on elipitical in the evening for about 250+ cals and then 60 minutes of zumba for 500+ cals. I'm not sure I've ever burned 1000 all at once. I've done zumba in the am and then again in the pm for about 500+ each time. Some days I spend an hour on the treadmill at a time, but that only gets me to about 600 cals...but if I walk on my lunch hour it puts me close to 1000 for the day. I also wear an HRM so I can push myself harder to get more bang for my time spent :)
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM when I do my P90x workouts. I can burn between 600-850 calories in one session.

This past weekend, I went for a 3 mile bike ride (moderate intensity) after my workout and burned another 700 calories.
  • chellk71
    chellk71 Posts: 69
    Options
    its not me but I'm curious too. : )
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM when I do my P90x workouts. I can burn between 600-850 calories in one session.

This past weekend, I went for a 3 mile bike ride (moderate intensity) after my workout and burned another 700 calories.

There is NO way you burned 700 calories in a 3 mile bike ride!!
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

There is NO way you burned 700 calories in a 3 mile bike ride!!

agreed unless u were going on a steep incline......
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Zumba for 2 hours.

I love Zumba! I can't wait to be able to go that long :happy:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I generally don't have the time to put into a workout that will burn 1000 or more, but I usually burn between 550 and 700 doing either the arc trainer and then strength training or running for 40 minutes. I'm hoping to get up to an hour of running and that should put me in the 800-900 range.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I run...a lot.

Me too.........
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I have never burned 1000 calories in a workout.

Ever.

My heartrate just doesn't ever get really up there, no matter how hard I push it. I come out of my 60 minute zumba class drenched all over, dripping sweat, beet red, panting like I've gone a round with Mike Tyson...and have only burned 330 calories. Even running, I can only burn 500 calories an hour (@ 12 min mile). I'm not able to run non-stop for an hour, but if I could...I burn 100 calories per mile.

Maybe it's because I spent most of my life very fit, playing sports and being active. It's only the last handful of years that I steadily put on weight. Right now, I'm not that big, size 5/6, so I'm not even hauling around a lot of extra pounds.

I don't know the reason. I'm jealous, but I can't change it, so I accept that 300 or so is it for a high intensity cardio class like kickboxing or zumba. I don't have time to do these sorts of activities for 3 hours to get to 1000, I have too much else to do in life...lol.

So more power to you all that do it :flowerforyou: . I'll take my 300 and be happy with it!