Needing some encouragement today!

Options
2»

Replies

• PrettynWitty12
    PrettynWitty12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's ok, Daryl *hugs*! As everyone has said before me, remain positive and don't let a pebble sink your boat :)
  • moonspells
    moonspells Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Like everyone's saying, it's a journey not a race...get back on track asap and leave the blip in the rearview mirror, where it belongs. One bad day isn't that big a thing, it's how you deal with it that's important. Don't let it derail you! Focus on the huge, positive changes you've made so far and all the ones that you're working towards and remind yourself that if this was easy, no one would be overweight and we'd all be happy all the time!
    Keep up the great work...you can DO it! :o)
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    "It's not whether you get knocked down. It's whether you get up again." ~ Vince Lombardi

So last night and this morning were bad? Make this afternoon and tomorrow better. You are in control of what happens. Change the outcome, don't continue to have a bad day.

I mean look how far you've come...you joined MFP, you've lost 6 pounds, and you are aware that you are eating your feelings...I'd say those are some great accomplishments. You had a bad night and morning, that doesn't take away from all that you've done already. So pick yourself back up and get back to it.
  • dry61ed
    dry61ed Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am proud of you for losing weight and sticking with it for the last 35 days. Way to go!! Every day is a new day as you well know. Just keep on going.....!!! You know you have the stamina to make your goals.

Be proud of your accomplishments and keep it UP!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days once in a while. Just drink some extra water and keep up the good work you had going on!!
  • schwim
    schwim Posts: 65
    Options
    if you have time try to do something instead of eating. read a book, get in some more exercise, etc. one of my more energetic friends used to do sit-ups when she felt like eating because she was down, she figured she'd work the gut from the outside instead of filling it up on the inside.

i hope your day gets better.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    We are all in that rowboat with you - we all get bad days but we just gotta keep rowing! One thing to consider is altho we watch our daily calories, when you add up a whole week and divide by 7, it will probably smooth out anyway.

Maybe think back about what triggered you to eat something you are not happy about, and then think of ways to avoid that trigger, or have something that you can indulge in - food / activity - without feeling too bad.

Don't beat yourself up about it, a new day dawns every day :-)
  • joeez5
    joeez5 Posts: 8
    Options
    you already have a lot of great advice!
    be kind to yourself...if you can't make it to the gym, get out and take a walk.
    replacing destructive behaviors with something positive (the endorphins don't hurt either) help to re-wire our brain and create healthy habits. it sounds cliche, but it really is a marathon, not a sprint. don't give up:)
  • mamnboston
    Options
    Emotional eating is the worst...need to redirect your thoughts to happy places

I engaged in a little emotional eating last night but today is a new day

Don't beat yourself up, just keep moving!
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am also an emotional eater. Heck I eat whenever and for whatever reason I can think of some days!! Today is a new day. Exercise and eat good today!! Someone once told me that I can start my day over any time I want to, that I don't need to let one thing ruin the whole day. Good Luck!
  • CatSummer
    CatSummer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, it only matters how many times you get up!!!

I just got sick and now i'm struggling to get going with the exercise again...
    Don't worry, we all struggle with you. Emotional eating is a big problem for many of us on here.

Just keep going... :)
  • clareiow
    clareiow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ill join the emotional eating club too! It's a horrible thing because food gives us that momentary comfort and release from what's upsetting us, and then we immediately feel guilty which only makes us feel worse. Food isn't the demon, we are!

I'm struggling at the moment because I've suffered an injury while exercising, which means I can't exercise and earn extra calories. This is making me upset - i feel cheated because for the first time ive made a positive change and this has happened!! Course this makes me want to eat more - and because I'm not exercising the weight is going back on.

Just got to keep my eyes on the prize I suppose!
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning Daryl! I have two quotes at the top of my computer at work that help me on days like you are having...
    Long range goals keep you from being frustrated with short-term failures - James Cash Penney
    I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble - Helen Keller

You've received a lot of good advice and encouragement from many others today, I would just like to add: kudos to you for the 35 days you have been working at this, for the pounds you have lost on your journey thusfar, and not only for telling your MFP friends the truth, but telling yourself as well. .As already stated, we all have bad days, and many of us are also emotional eaters. I don't think any of us stopped all at once, it took working at it day after day...ONE DAY AT A TIME!
    You got this Daryl!! Chin up, eyes focused, begin again!! NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!

I pray your day and your tomorrows get better and better!!!
  • considermac
    Options
    Wow!! I am so impressed and grateful to have this outpouring of support. Thank you -- Thank you to everyone, from the quotes to suggestions to go to the gym at lunch. What a great ideas!

I have been on similar sites to MFP and nowhere near the support.

Thank you again.

Daryl
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I am so impressed and grateful to have this outpouring of support. Thank you -- Thank you to everyone, from the quotes to suggestions to go to the gym at lunch. What a great ideas!

I have been on similar sites to MFP and nowhere near the support.

Thank you again.

Daryl

You are welcome!! That is what we are all here for!!
  • susieqa6699
    susieqa6699 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Be proud of all your accomplishments so far. We can do anything we set our mind to. It takes a lot for someone to come out and ask for help. I'm glad we are all here to offer encouragement to others.
  • Epetrovitch
    Epetrovitch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. Keep your focus on the long term and get back on track!
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Here to help Sir,

Remind yourself that this is worth it. It may be a slow, stressful process. But it is worth all the blood, sweat and tears you put into it. Sometimes you cheat, sometimes you do not exercise, sometimes all you want is to be able to eat all the foods in the world and not think twice about it. But you cannot do that. Giving up is the easy way out. You have already made the effort to start this fat loss journey and you are damn well going to finish it. YOU CAN DO THIS. Anyone who sets their mind to it and puts the dedication towards this can do this. DO NOT GIVE UP. <3
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating is very hard to overcome. I know because I'm still in the process of overcoming. What I have found helps me is to record even if I'm emotional eating and going crazy. Something about recording it makes me want to get back on track. I know it's hard, but if you catch yourself emotional eating, try to pull yourself out of it. There are some times to let it go, but I feel anyone only becomes stronger by recognizing it and trying to end it. I try to work out when I feel like I will emotional eat because it helps me burn the anger or stress of whatever is causing me to emotional eat.

Other than that, don't let a small blimp ruin your day. You are worth it to get back on track and continue taking care of yourself.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." You've already made that one step, so you're already on track!
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I guess its a matter of falling and staying down or picking yourself back up! Choose to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going. You are only human!