Crockpot Salsa Chicken

Options

Replies

• Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I love to make this, it is so easy and tasty :-)
  • tnbaker81
    tnbaker81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have made this before and it was really good. However, my family prefers it with only 1/2 of the creamed cheese. Either way, it is very good and oh so simple. :smile:
  • mung222
    mung222 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fatmama4
    fatmama4 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!! Bump
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Bump
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Thanks, going to give it a try.
  • CosmicGate
    Options
    My wife makes this and it. is. amazing. It's great to take to wokr for leftovers as well. Lime cilantro rice goes well with it.
  • laurapgmartinez
    laurapgmartinez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use a can of cream of chicken soup instead of the cream cheese, and also add taco seasoning. Yum. I also serve it over brown rice.
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    Options
    Yummy! I love cooking salsa & chicken together. I'll have to try this one for sure. Thanks.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    YUM! def going to make this !
  • aewalk07
    aewalk07 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Pot Roast

Ingredients
    3 1/2 lb of beef shoulder or boneless chuck roast (look for a piece that is well marbled with fat for best results) I have the butcher at Kroger or a nice meat store cut a shoulder for me. It's really fresh and doesn't cost extra! (no pink sludge)
    1 Yellow or vidalia onion ( I like the Vidalia, it's sweeter).
    Red Potatoes 1-2 sacks depending on how many you want
    1 small bag of baby carrots
    1 packet of Onion Soup Mix (found in the soup aisle)
    2 cans of cream of Celery soup. (any cream of soup will do, mushroom, celery, or onion).
    Sea Salt and Pepper
    Directions
    Stir the soup, onion soup mix, potatoes and carrots in a 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. Add the beef and turn to coat add sea salt and pepper to meat.
    Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the beef is fork-tender.

You can Brown the meat before hand if you choose to but you don;t have to. My aunt has to brown hers before putting it in the croc pot, I just throw it all in together.

Good luck! I think you will really enjoy it, probably will be your favorite new thing. Watch out chilli, Pot Roast is on your tail!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've made this... it was REALLY good!
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! Now I know what to make for dinner tonight!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I know what we'll be having for dinner tomorrow now! Thanks!
  • willing2try
    willing2try Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My wife will try this. She thinks it sounds good......and that's GOOD enough for me!!! Thanks! :happy:
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    This sounds absolutely disgustingly delicious! Thanks for posting. I don't know if anyone is familiar with Epicure but they have a new chipster where you make home made chips and you can also use tortillas too. I'm so gonna do this and make tortilla chips for dipping. Sounds like a great potluck type dish too!!
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I tried this tonight and had 1 cup of it. Put some inside a cheese flavor tortilla shell and a salad on the side. Yummmmmmmmm
  • Cindylou38
    Options
    I make this a lot . The cream cheese makes it super creamy and yummy ! It's good over brown rice or In a tortilla shell . I had some over a baked potato for lunch .
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    bump