Breakfast ideas? (I need to eat!)

Options

Replies

• shmo1969
    shmo1969 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi Go Lean cereal with a cup of skim milk and a banana (for a little added sweetness). This ceral is loaded with protein and fiber and keeps me going all morning.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    1 6" Bacon, Egg & Cheese sandwich with no dressing from Subway.
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    1egg(whole)
    2 pieces Turkey Bacon
    1 sm cup fruit
    1 sm cup yogurt
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    5 egg whites + 1 whole egg (scrambled), wheat toast with a spread, Canadian bacon and coffee is my go to in the mornings.
    Vans Lite waffles are really good too with some sugar free jelly and pb2
  • stephstpierre121
    Options
    I have one navel orange, 24 almonds, and a piece of light (Sargento) string cheese. It is surprisingly filling and has a good combination of protein and fiber. I always save my string cheese for last, it's so yummy, it's like a dessert for me! Total calories = 260 calories.
  • time2bhealthy
    time2bhealthy Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have a high quality protein shake with fruit and soy milk every morning
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Work mornings:
    1/2 whole wheat sandwich thin topped with peanut butter
    hard boiled egg
    coffee
    and milk if I don't forget it

Weekends:
    1 whole egg, 2-3 egg whites scrambled with leftover chicken, cheddar cheese
    fruit

protein pancakes with real maple syrup
    eggs
    milk
    Maybe some bacon

Cereal
    Milk

Lots more but tired of typing. Plus, I might want to get some work done. BORING!
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Try adding some stuff to oatmeal. I never really liked it much, until I started adding fruit and nuts to it. Gave it a bit more texture, and not just mush. Made it tastier too!

Personally, I would not recommend cereal, especially "health" cereals like Special K. Even lightly sweetened ones have a lot of sugar, and often time they're lacking in fiber and other nutrition. The only cereals that are really good for you are stuff like bran flakes, which aren't nearly as tasty. I'm sure they could be dressed up with some fruit and maybe a teaspoon or two of sugar though!

Other good breakfasts are eggs in any form (scrambled, omelet, hard boiled). You can add veggies to these, which is why I love it! Also, yogurt with some fruit and granola is also great. If you eat meat, turkey bacon, or maybe ham on occasion probably wouldn't be bad.
  • Aèlis18118360
    Options
    My favorite (winter) breakfast:

- About 250 ml of milk (I use soy milk)
    - Weetabix (ca. 25g)
    - All-bran (ca. 15g)
    - Cinnamon powder

I put the milk in the microwave for three minutes, until it’s hot. Put the weetabix and the all-bran in the cup, add A LOT of cinnamon with some drops of sweetener and stir. It should be quite dense.

It really fills you up and, to me, it tastes absolutely delicious.
  • Almiel
    Almiel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi Go Lean cereal with a cup of skim milk and a banana (for a little added sweetness). This ceral is loaded with protein and fiber and keeps me going all morning.

^^^ This! I eat Kashi Go Lean almost everyday, but with unsweetened almond milk. This cereal has 9 g protein per serving. There are several flavors to keep things interesting. I also like Mom's Best / Three Sisters oatmeal on cold mornings. It's less sweet than normal quick oats, which I like.
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    omg some of these ideas sound awesome I'm so boring I usually do steel cut oatmeal with some crushed raw almonds and dried cranberries with a couple poached eggs.
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Find cereal w/ 5 grams of fiber.Eggs w/ veggies .Try fiber one bars ,yogurt,smoothies and fruit salad.:flowerforyou:
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have a light english muffin, spread on 1 chipotle laughing cow cheese and slice a hard boiled egg in 3rds and put on like a sandwhich. So yummy!
  • bane0317
    bane0317 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like Eggbeaters. I currently use the Eggbeaters Whites Southwest style. They have bell peppers and stuff in them. I use about 3 eggs worth along with ~ 1/3 cup of shredded cheese. I pour it into a paper bowl and microwave at 80% power for 3 1/2 minutes. I use a plastic fork and when I am done - it all goes in the trash. No fuss, no mess! If I want to eat a decent breakfast to hold me over until lunch I need it to be protein based and as little prep/clean-up/hassle as possible. This fits the bill!
  • crfaulk1
    crfaulk1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Egg-white omelettes!! Things like mushrooms, chopped green peppers, salsa/onions, and fresh black pepper are practically "freebies" as far as calories go. And, cutting the egg-yolk cuts mega-cals while keeping high protein. Other things like greek yogurt and almonds are great for healthy fats and high protein. I like to stay away from dried fruit just because of the sugar-factor .... sugar turns straight to fat....

Another of my go-to breakfast items is protein shakes. Invest in a Magic-Bullet and throw in some fresh fruit (berries especially) and a scoop or two of protein powder.

I like to start my day with little or no carbs - breakfast is the most important meal - so focus on fueling your body with energy. Starting the day with starchy/carby foods makes your body focus on burning those calories/fat all day instead of burning off your body's current fat stores.

Good luck! Wishing you tons of success!!!!!
  • BAtobe
    BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love egg white burritos. I do 2 egg whites, onions and sometimes peppers if I have them and in the mood. Then I roll in a tortilla and top with salsa. That is my favorite. In a crunch I do wheat toast, spray butter and a fruit and coffee.
  • JoannaLouden
    JoannaLouden Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow this newbie got four pages of responses! Thanks so much, I read every single reply and added several things to my grocery list for tonight!

We don't have a magic bullet but we have an offbrand wannabe style blender. LOL Hubby has lots of protein powder, so I may try a smoothie thing soon too.

Going to hard boil some eggs tonight. :)
  • JodiHop
    JodiHop Posts: 25
    Options
    bump...