How many ounces of water do you drink a day?

Options

Replies

• slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    Take your weight X .66 and it will give you your body's daily requirement.

I aim for about 130 oz. or more a day.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I try to get 130 oz in.
  • larrsj
    larrsj Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have always heard half of your body weight you should drink in water a day....

personally...I can not drink that much.

I also aim for 64 oz a day...try for more...but am happy with the 64:happy:
  • lthomas2541
    Options
    I try to drink at least 80 oz per day. More on the days I work out.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    A gallon at minimum, but usually more. (128 ounces.) Drank about 3/4 as much before I started endurance running--you get really thirsty when you're training for a half-marathon. :laugh: But when my focus was primarily weight loss and not necessarily fitness, more water always helped keep my skin clear, the bloat down, and my weight loss moving.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Approximately 80 - 100 oz/day. I have a 24 oz cup that I just keep filling up, so I never really counted!
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    About 80 ounces a day. It was hard at first. But every day gets easier :smile:
  • triciarwilson
    Options
    http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm- According to this I should drink 126 OZ a day.... I have been drinking about 80oz a day
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I drink a minimum of a gallon and try to get to two gallons per day. It was so hard at first, but now, 5 months into it if I dont get my gallon I am cranky and feel thirsty and with less energy.
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I try to drink between 16 to 18 8ounce glasses a day especially if my sodium is higher!! so whats that 128- 144 ounces!! No wonder we go through a lot of toilet paper at my house!!!:::laugh:
  • margeauxhunt
    Options
    I have no idea as to exactly how much. I have small plastic cups I might fill up 2-3 times. I know I need to drink more water, but I've never been a big drinker. I can go until noon and realise I hadn't had anything. I just can't drink a lot of water even when I try.

I should drink 76 ounces of water today, or 2.3 liters per day and I don't think I get anywhere near that. I'll start to measure to see what I am drinking.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton. In fact I don't even know how much. I lose track. I have a 16 ounce bottle at my desk at work that I refill at least 5 times. Then at home, I drink a few of my large glasses full. So I don't know but I'm pretty sure it's enough :happy:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm- According to this I should drink 126 OZ a day.... I have been drinking about 80oz a day
    According to that I should drink less than 60oz today. This is why the eight glasses a day advice is dumb. A man doing a reasonable amount of exercise in a hot dry climate could find himself dangerously dehydrated on eight glasses of water a day.

EDIT: If you want to know whether you're drinking enough, check the colour of your urine. Plenty of online colour charts if you google it.
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    Usually around 80 oz. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I average anywhere from 120 ounces to 180 ounces, like others this is depending on what my activities are (work, gym, etc).
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    On average 80oz...but on Thirsty Thursdays....The Big G(Gallon)
  • kate_n_pjs
    kate_n_pjs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    kind of an interesting "Quiz" to tell you how much H2O to consume... http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

This said I need 92.5 oz a day!!! (non-drinking days:drinker: ) and if my diet is healthy (which it is on non-drinking days:drinker: ) about 20% will come from food, so I should drink about 74 ounces of water per day!!!
    I aim for about 10 glasses on MFP tracker. :bigsmile:
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    140ish not counting protein shakes and BCAA shakes.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    at least 64..more on workout days
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. But it's enough because my urine is pretty clear. I don't drink a lot of plain water though.