How many ounces of water do you drink a day?

Options
13»

Replies

• GoalSixPack
    Options
    At least 180 ounces of water more during summer time
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I LOVE WATER! I drink over 100 ounces a day.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I drink a minimum of 100 ounces of actual water daily. I also have a few other random drinks through out the day. So on average my fluid intake is about 125 ounces a day.
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I drink until I'm not thirsty. ;)

Before I leave for work, I usually have a 4-6 oz glass of water.
    At work, I have a 4-5 16-ounce cups of water or decaf iced tea (sweetened with Truvia)
    At night, maybe 2 glasses of water.

Total: ~120 oz. + water from fruits/veggies
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    192-300+oz. I don't think I need anywhere near that much water. I just like drinking water.
  • Lorrie_73
    Lorrie_73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I drink 128 oz/day at least. I have a 32 oz water bottle and drink 4 of those/day. I read somewhere you are supposed to drink 1/2 your body weight in oz. I don't know about that but I do know that if I drink much less than the usual 128 oz, I feel sluggish and tired.
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    I have a 32 oz bottle.. I try to drink 4 - 5 of those a day depending on thirst. So, anywhere from 128 - 160 oz
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    At least a gallon per day.
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I tend to use pint glasses and normally go through 5 a day. My computer tells me that's 160oz a day. Plus tea and other water from fruits and things. I like water. :) I just feel all wrong and thirsty if I drink much under that!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    64 - 120 oz every day! Good luck and if you start drinking early, it makes it easier.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm- According to this I should drink 126 OZ a day.... I have been drinking about 80oz a day
    According to that I should drink less than 60oz today. This is why the eight glasses a day advice is dumb. A man doing a reasonable amount of exercise in a hot dry climate could find himself dangerously dehydrated on eight glasses of water a day.

EDIT: If you want to know whether you're drinking enough, check the colour of your urine. Plenty of online colour charts if you google it.

THis says I need 156, so I am getting between 150-250 per day so I am good.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well I drink maybe 12oz before the gym
    24oz at the gym
    24 oz after the gym

I have a 24oz water bottle that sits on my desk at work - I try to make my goal to fill it up every hour - sometimes I fill it up more. I think everyone at work thinks I'm crazy because I have to use the bathroom so much cause I drink so much water!!! so maybe about Lets say 164oz at work

The i have a 24 oz water bottle that i have at home and i have maybe 2 of those in the evening depending on what i'm doing

soooooooooo maybe 200-264oz per day which seems really high I guess I'm thirsty
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I drink between 112 oz. to 128 oz. :happy:
  • chiopop
    chiopop Posts: 1
    Options
    You should drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water daily- so if you weigh 140, you should shoot for at least 70 oz dAily- more is better!!
  • niecyd55
    niecyd55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sorry don't do ounces! I have a 500ml bottle on my desk and try to drink 3 bottles of water whilst I am at work, then another 3
    when I get home during the late afternoon/evening. I also spend a lot of time running to the loo..........

I drink herbal tea as well which I think also adds to the total?
  • jillybee23
    Options
    I am really bad at drinking water, maybe 16-64 oz. I am trying for 64-90 oz per day. Any tip on how I can increase my water intake?
  • bigmac2020
    Options
    About 112 oz pr day
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    I drink approx 120 ounces of just water in a day. I also have my 2 cups of coffee.
  • willing2try
    willing2try Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have to work at drinking 7 0r 8 glasses per day. I'm never really THAT thirsty. The site helps me to remember to drink more!:drinker: (Water,
    that is.)
  • pxpwop
    pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Between 80 and 120. I lose count most days lol