Looking for vegan buddies!

Options
Hi there! I'm new to MFP and would love to connect with my fellow vegans... and non-vegans too! I lost over 100 pounds a few years ago and have been working hard to maintain and build muscle since then. My fitness is primarily recreational pole dance, but I enjoy lots of other things, too. Glad to be here; I'm enjoying the experience so far. :)

Replies

• Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm Vegan and I pole dance too! Welcome to MFP, I'm adding you! Damn, I should write songs...
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me a bit more about what types of your foods you eat and dont eat?
  • simplesolid
    Options
    Hello, vegetarian here. One day I'll hop over the vegan fence.
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a vegan too. Fell free to add me! Welcome to MFP! :)
  • lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I could go vegan if it was not for fish
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, too. I've been vegan for about 7 years and vegetarian for about 5 years prior to that.
  • MeatyVegan
    Options
    Wow, nice to meet you guys! beckers80, I don't know how specific you're wanting me to be, but basically I eat lots of fruits, veggies, beans, whole grains, pasta, nuts, etc. I make LOTS of soups and curries. :)
  • beckers80
    Options
    I have been diagonsed with Cancer, and currently trying alternative treatment (natural herbs), trying to avoid a major surgery and chemo. I have heard a change in a diet can be real helpful. I believe not getting meat and just getting veggies and fruit. I have thought about trying but i have been and raised on a farm where meat and taters was our daily dinner. :( Any advice how to change over without withdrawals?
  • nyspotlight
    nyspotlight Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm vegan, too. Just switched over from ovo/lacto a couple weeks ago, but I'm raring to go!
  • nyspotlight
    nyspotlight Posts: 124
    Options
    I have been diagonsed with Cancer, and currently trying alternative treatment (natural herbs), trying to avoid a major surgery and chemo. I have heard a change in a diet can be real helpful. I believe not getting meat and just getting veggies and fruit. I have thought about trying but i have been and raised on a farm where meat and taters was our daily dinner. :( Any advice how to change over without withdrawals?

You may want to look into the book "Crazy Sexy Diet." It was written by a woman who recovered from Cancer while employing a healthy, plant-based diet. But she's really funny and helpful for everyone.
  • Pfitzer
    Pfitzer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, and none of my buddies are, add me pretty please!
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options

You may want to look into the book "Crazy Sexy Diet." It was written by a woman who recovered from Cancer while employing a healthy, plant-based diet. But she's really funny and helpful for everyone.

YES! This!
  • beckers80
    Options

@Nyspotlight, Thanks I will check that out!
  • MeatyVegan
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Sounds like nyspotlight had a good suggestion... I know that the fake meats and cheeses are pretty helpful for people doing the initial changeover. personally, I don't like to eat too much of it because a lot of it is processed and full of soy. But I think a few times a week should be okay, at least at first. I would recommend Amy's Kitchen meals; a lot of them are vegan. I've also heard awesome things about Gardein. Hope that helps!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Newbie vegan here.

Going on seven weeks with no flesh, eggs or dairy.

Haven't convinced the wife yet but I feel better.

:bigsmile:
  • MeatyVegan
    Options
    Awesome, so glad to meet you! :) Hope you're enjoying it so far...
  • annalykewhoa
    Options
    It blows me away how many vegans are on here! I've been vegetarian for 16 years and have dappled in veganism and raw veganism. But right now I tell people that I'm pescetarian because I've incorporated small amounts of fish into my diet. May I add you anyhow? :)
  • MeatyVegan
    Options
    It blows me away how many vegans are on here! I've been vegetarian for 16 years and have dappled in veganism and raw veganism. But right now I tell people that I'm pescetarian because I've incorporated small amounts of fish into my diet. May I add you anyhow? :)

Sure thing, will send a request your way. I'm so stoked to see all these vegans here! :)
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm experimenting with a vegan lifestyle right now. It's hard. I am craving stuff. I just started this on Monday. I anticipate having to add eggs and milk soon. I did have milk today. We'll see how it goes. I was already doing a semi vegetarian diet only having fish and chicken, milk and eggs. The animal proteins are causing kidney problems for me so I have to limit them.