Anyone else with a partner who eats whatever the hell they w

Options

Replies

• k_sharp
    k_sharp Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mine drinks dark heavy beers at least a six pack a night normally more and eats chips and salsa with cream cheese at like ten at night every night! He also drinks a couple rock stars and dr pepper daily! He eats whatever he wants and it doesn't affect him! When I eat something bad he reminds me that I'm eating "empty carbs" he thinks bc he only eats once or twice a day that he is eating healthier than me!

Oh lord sounds like my man. Sometimes, when I'm eating something bad too he'll tell me the same thing! How am I supposed to listen to him when he's always eating crap? Lol!!

He will be shocked when he sees me next and I'm skinny should be down 40lbs... If he wants junk he's gonna need to buy it himself bc I wont anymore! Granted he works out hard but I'm cooking clean these days so he needs to get use to it! Also no more ordering two appetizers when we go out to eat! I love him but he needs to help me stick to eating healthy!
  • juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    Mine does. I hear him snacking in the other room after dinner most nights. I've tried to talk him into logging his calories as he is good about reading labels, etc but once he starts snacking he has no clue the large amts of crap he eats. Of course I go in to get my portion controlled snack only to find he's eaten everything. Lol. He used to work out in the field and was so active he didn't have an issue. He has been in the office for a year and a half now and I try to drop small hints and get him to go walking with me but I don't think he'll do anything about it until I get closer to my GW.

I've tried to get mine to workout/walk with me too, he will bike though aslong as we stop somewhere to eat or have a beer :p Haha
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    YES UHHH!!!! And it can be pretty stressful at times, but I completely understand how he feels now when he would tell me that he only offered milkshakes/ice cream/cookies (Sweets basically) to make me happy... cause I find myself doing the same thing for him--I lately (like last night) finally realized that I buy him sweets to show him I was thinking about him/want to make him happy.

He's put on weight throughout our relationship...and while I would mention the weight gain to him, I now see that I wasn't helping the cause AT ALL. So, from now on, I will be getting fruits for our desserts--when we want to make the other happy. I think I was giving him the sweets sine I couldn't have them myself-or I was tying not to have them myself.

But I am at least happy that while he may still eat whatever the hell he wants, THANKFULLY he's at least started working out again!

**sidenote: before someone says I'm shallow, when he and I first started dating, one thing that attracted me to him was his passion for exercise--it was great to have that in common, but through the year of our relationship that had slipped on his end and I've missed because he and I would workout together and for a while I've just been doing it solo, so I'm happy he's back so we can workout together again**
  • juliexiuu
    Options
    YES UHHH!!!! And it can be pretty stressful at times, but I completely understand how he feels now when he would tell me that he only offered milkshakes/ice cream/cookies (Sweets basically) to make me happy... cause I find myself doing the same thing for him--I lately (like last night) finally realized that I buy him sweets to show him I was thinking about him/want to make him happy.

He's put on weight throughout our relationship...and while I would mention the weight gain to him, I now see that I wasn't helping the cause AT ALL. So, from now on, I will be getting fruits for our desserts--when we want to make the other happy. I think I was giving him the sweets sine I couldn't have them myself-or I was tying not to have them myself.

But I am at least happy that while he may still eat whatever the hell he wants, THANKFULLY he's at least started working out again!

**sidenote: before someone says I'm shallow, when he and I first started dating, one thing that attracted me to him was his passion for exercise--it was great to have that in common, but through the year of our relationship that had slipped on his end and I've missed because he and I would workout together and for a while I've just been doing it solo, so I'm happy he's back so we can workout together again**

I'm also guilty of buying my bf sweets just to be cute. But now he knows not to do the same for me!
    That's great that's he's starting to workout again! I wouldn't mind working out with mine more, it'd seem like fun and we like to compete with each other hahah :)
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend calls vegetables "what food eats" and insists on eating beef, pasta, potatoes and potato bread all the time. He rarely drinks water but instead drinks coffee, Pepsi, Yeungling and vodka and Pepsi mixed as his drinks of choice. He calls 2 double cheeseburgers lunch (1200 calories anyone?) and whenever he has mashed potatoes he insists on having a roll with it so he can fill it with the potatoes.

All of this and he only manages to weigh 150 pounds and complains that he is fat because this is the most he's ever weighed... -sigh- oh well...
  • jannee65
    jannee65 Posts: 9
    Options
    Yeah my husband has a bag of potato chips on one side and bag of pretzels on the other. He eats pasta all the time. It really make me mad I can't do that!:angry:
  • juliexiuu
    Options
    My boyfriend calls vegetables "what food eats" and insists on eating beef, pasta, potatoes and potato bread all the time. He rarely drinks water but instead drinks coffee, Pepsi, Yeungling and vodka and Pepsi mixed as his drinks of choice. He calls 2 double cheeseburgers lunch (1200 calories anyone?) and whenever he has mashed potatoes he insists on having a roll with it so he can fill it with the potatoes.

All of this and he only manages to weigh 150 pounds and complains that he is fat because this is the most he's ever weighed... -sigh- oh well...

Oh boy if I ate like that I'd be huge in a matter of months! :o
  • empty_with_you
    Options
    oh yes! and he is so skinny too
  • juliexiuu
    Options
    Yeah my husband has a bag of potato chips on one side and bag of pretzels on the other. He eats pasta all the time. It really make me mad I can't do that!:angry:

Me tooo! We just gotta think of how crappy we'd feel after if we ate all that junk!
  • juliexiuu
    Options
    oh yes! and he is so skinny too

Same with mine! Makes me jealous haha
  • SiouxsieQue
    SiouxsieQue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yep, right here. He has no willpower. Food is his addiction. Gets very difficult for me many times.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I have a husband like that. He can eat all he wants but I am the one that gets told by my gynecologist (male) I need to lose weight.
  • juliexiuu
    Options
    Yep, right here. He has no willpower. Food is his addiction. Gets very difficult for me many times.

I'm scared to move in with my man since I know there would be chips, ice cream and all of that everywhere! ;(
  • amalthea23
    amalthea23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yup. He LOSES when he's not focused on eating like crazy and going to the gym. Lives on candy and baked goods. Makes me ape.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Besides the terrible food choices, here is why I hate going to fast food joints with my wife (who doesn't work out and never seems to gain any weight)

Me: "I'll have the 'Starving Rabbit Diet Salad' with no dressing"
    Wife: "I'll have the 'Quadruple Brontosaurus Burger' with 97 slices of cheese and a gallon of french fries. :turns to me: Oh, is that all you are eating?
  • juliexiuu
    Options
    Besides the terrible food choices, here is why I hate going to fast food joints with my wife (who doesn't work out and never seems to gain any weight)

Wife: "I'll have the 'Quadruple Brontosaurus Burger' with 97 slices of cheese and a gallon of french fries. :turns to me: Oh, is that all you are eating?

Ahahahaa I feel your pain. And apprently that will not be all you are eating because all you'll hear is "mmmm this is so goooood" xD
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yep.
    My fiance eats a diet of fast food, beef jerky, and soda. And he is really skinny.

It's way annoying. Lol!

One of his friends made a comment that all his gf's get fat (not including me, of course *wink wink*). And it's like, yeah, of course they did. Normal people can't eat 3000 calories a day and stay skinny. :)
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!! My hubby is about 6"1 and 180, eats hotdogs, hamburgers, fries, onion rings, brownies, pound cakes and anything else filled with sugar or fried. Then he will get stressed out and not eat and end up losing 5 pounds instantly. Kills me.

This is my husband exactly. 10 eggs, bacon, deep fried hashbrowns, and biscuits...doesn't gain a pound. Drives me bonkers!
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Ahahahaa I feel your pain. And apprently that will not be all you are eating because all you'll hear is "mmmm this is so goooood" xD

"Starving Rabbit Diet Salad" made me literally LOL. I feel *exactly* the same way.

My fiance always eats something called "fourthmeal" as well, and I usually don't...
  • wimbels
    wimbels Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's positively infuriating. And he never gains a single pound and is always waving food in my face saying 'oh go ahead it's not going to kill you.'