worst foods you used to eat

Options
I'm starting to realize how EASY it is to eat 2 or 3 times your recommended calories and not even feel like you've hardly eaten anything.

I can remember making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and they must have been 700-800cals, maybe even 1000 cals. Of course I was aware that they fell into the "high-calorie" category, but it never really "clicked" that I was "over-eating" because the actual bulk of food I was eating was not huge. Just last night I got some honey bbq boneless chicken from the deli, thinking they were maybe 400 cals + -. They were actually 900+ cals for 10 little chunks!!

So, what's the worst food you used to eat and don't anymore?

Replies

• maevestewart
    Options
    Chocolate Eclairs, sooo good but just not worth it!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Chinese buffet. I can make 5000 calories fit on one plate with a little creativity and some ingenuity.
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    chicken and fries. it was my go to food. i got it from pretty much anywhere.
    but the worst ones were from either chili's or culver's.

i cannot believe how often i used to eat it and how many calories it has.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken bites I think. Used to put them on salads, about 400 calories worth without even knowing it. Now I have to remind myself it's around 3 pieces a serving, not 6!
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to realize how EASY it is to eat 2 or 3 times your recommended calories and not even feel like you've hardly eaten anything.

I can remember making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and they must have been 700-800cals, maybe even 1000 cals. Of course I was aware that they fell into the "high-calorie" category, but it never really "clicked" that I was "over-eating" because the actual bulk of food I was eating was not huge. Just last night I got some honey bbq boneless chicken from the deli, thinking they were maybe 400 cals + -. They were actually 900+ cals for 10 little chunks!!

So, what's the worst food you used to eat and don't anymore?

It's a tie between a buffalo fingers plate at Zaxby's and my other favorite take out meal, Cajun Chicken Pasta from Chili's. Both put me over in calories, fat (both saturated and non), and sodium in ONE MEAL.
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm a pastry chef so the list in loooooooong, LOL. Cheesecakes, pies, eclairs. But the worst was croissants. I could easily eat 5 in one sitting.
  • whiterice83
    whiterice83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Chili's chips and salsa. My family is out of state and when I went home my sister would go to chilis get the unlimited chips salsa and have 2-3 trays. Holy crap that's like at least 2000 calories! Wow, don't do that anymore!
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    Chili's hands down...are we seeing a trend here? lol. I love their chips and salsa and would easily throw down 1/2 a basket before ordering boneless buffalo wings and maybe even the triple dipper, adding mozz sticks! Still my fave and I do visit it once a month! Always gain a pound or two!! Being honest, how do you go to Chili's without getting a Presidente Marg also...wow
  • skinnyallover
    Options
    ICE CREAM
  • juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    Pasta, white rice, chipschipschips, and nutella!!! I could eat the **** out of that
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Philly cheesesteak and Chickies and Petes crab fries - that's about 1500 calories
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Chili's chips and salsa. My family is out of state and when I went home my sister would go to chilis get the unlimited chips salsa and have 2-3 trays. Holy crap that's like at least 2000 calories! Wow, don't do that anymore!

I so didn't need to know that :(
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    Pizza. I devoured larges all by my lonesome usually with a 2 liter of Coke (not diet).
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I used to wolf down a 20 piece chicken McNuggets, large fries, 4 sauces (bbq & hot mustard), and large chocolate shake in one sitting!!! I'm afraid to even look up the calories on that meal...damn, what a porker I was!!!
  • happypath101
    Options
    I had to think about this one - I've been watching what I eat for SO long. In the 90's when we were all "No fat! Fat makes you fat!", I used to make up this low-fat Fettucine Alfredo packaged crap. I'd eat the whole thing for dinner. I might throw in some carrots or broccoli and convince myself it was healthy. But, it was all carbs and about 1500 calories - more than my daily allowance! ACK! And, the worst part was, because it was high carb, low fiber, low protein, I'd be hungry again in 45 minutes. So glad I kicked that habit. :O)
  • MelsieK
    MelsieK Posts: 72
    Options
    Wine, I would easily drink a bottle each night. But with that came the potato chips, the cheese and bikkies and the constant snacking. I just don't drink at all now, or rarely, and don't miss it at all.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza/breadsticks/soda combo.
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Buffalo wild wings sampler, only ate half and yet it was like my whole days worth of calories.

Therefore I only allow myself to eat out in "restaurants" once a week.

And fast food places are a big no-no.
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    fried eggrolls :'( i've yet to find a good enough alternative.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i easily consumed pizza and burgers no prob n one day! also chips and donuts but i still eat them just in moderation and not a lil piggy starving!