All 5'7 Girls

Options

Replies

• MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    this is my fear!! Im afraid ill get to 135 then have to basically eat like celery and carrots for the rest of my life to stay that way ha ugh

ugh! me too! im looking to get down to 143, thats my ideal so 12lbs to go :)
  • rschuurman
    Options
    So true that your body type and shape makes a difference though - we are all such different goal weights even though the same height! I am aiming for the 120's as I've been at a healthy comfortable weight at 127 before (although even then I had bits of flab in places!). Might seem a bit nuts but I know my body and I have a small build (based on the wrist thing) and am currently at 147 and have strange pockets of fat all over me that don't look good (e.g. heaps on my stomach, thighs, knees even!). Mainly I'm needing to keep working on the fitness thing but yeah I've got to that weight just by being healthy before so that's why it's my goal.
  • Pengygirl24
    Options
    155-165.. I cannot wait until I reach that goal!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    About 155. My first goal is 170 and I'm halfway there now :)
  • AmberJaebabeyy
    Options
    My goal weight is 119lbs I'm currently between 126-129 and I do have wide hips and big ribs with no waist which makes me look bigger the more I weigh! I do have a lot of muscle and about 18-19% body fat.

If that's you in your picture... I wonder why on earth you would feel the need to lose weight

agreed - I thought the same thing - you a teeny tiny lil thing...

It's not so much the scales that I care about but the muscle definition I want a clear six pack!! And pictures are deceiving when you change your profile pic it always seems to stretch and make you look skinnier and long then you are lol.
  • sarahjenkins77
    sarahjenkins77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ideally i'd like to be 140ib but ultimately would be happy as long as I am in the 'normal' range of BMI again.
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm about 150 at the moment, down from 165-ish. My UGW is 140--in high school I was 130 but at the ripe old age of 33 I don't think I'll ever get there without waaay too much hard work!
  • katB_83
    katB_83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I dont have a number target, my target is to stop when i feel comfortable. I still want to look healthy and keep all my curves. I think if i put a number to it i would become a little obsessed so for me, I will know when enough is enough
  • xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I was 180lbs October 2010, dropped to 140lbs by April 2011 and maintained that for a year. I'm currently 142lbs and feel flabby but I think I need to tone rather than lose weight. I do a fair bit of cardio but hardly any strength so have dusted off my 30DS DVD. I'm thinking 130-135lbs. People say I look fine at this weight but I don't feel it. I'm not particularly big framed, but I always feel 'big', don't think I'll ever feel little!
  • Hayter2013
    Options
    Yeah I'm fluctuating between 134-136 at the moment but goal is 128. Like you, happy with 130lb...
  • 05suu
    05suu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think it also depends on your age...Younger people can get away with a being lighter but the older you get, the more the wrinkles show as you lose...!!!!
    Get to where you like what you see in the mirror and chuck away the scale!!!
  • shellysmart91
    Options
    I have a big frame, wide hips, large wrists etc. I think I would be comfortable at 160 (curvy not boney) but right now Im trying to get under 200.
  • leela79au
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and aiming for 60-63kg, which I think is about 130 - 135lbs.
    My normal weight should be between 60 - 63kgs, so as long as I can get close to that Ill be happy.
  • ms_walker
    ms_walker Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    155-165.. I cannot wait until I reach that goal!

Me too, I'm bottom heavy, any lower than this and my face gets too gaunt and my collar bone is far too bony for my liking
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I would like to get to 150 - I can do it! <<<<<crossing my fingers! :happy:
  • karabatak
    karabatak Posts: 34
    Options
    i'm at around 144-146 round now. i was originally just around 200 (five years ago) and re-started again at 176 in october. i would like to get to a comfortable 140 and then decide from there :) unfortunately for me i hold most of my weight in my stomach so i'm trying to focus on fat loss right now and building muscle :D
  • AngiePhoenix
    AngiePhoenix Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm at 150 now. My goal weight is 135 but I think that might actually be slightly lower than I should go (I'm sort of top heavy and don't lose in my chest so I can start to look like a cartoon character).
  • mynameisnewmie
    mynameisnewmie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is 135. I can't remember a time when I didn't feel overweight. I'm determined to change that.

I started tracking my weight loss and measurements so I can get a good sense of how many lbs = an inch for me and where the weight comes off.

Last week, I weighed 190.4 lbs with measurements of 40-35-41.

Today, I weigh 183.9 lbs with measurements of 39-34-40.

I doubt the 6.5 lbs loss per week will continue, but it's interesting to know that it took 6.5 lbs to lose my first inch and that for this week inches lost were distributed evenly.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,797 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hi @mynameisnewmie welcome (presumably) to MFP!

This is a decade old thread and many of the members are probably no longer here by now.

I’m 5’7”, started somewhere above 222 (couldn’t bear to weigh) at age 56. I got as low as 127 a couple years ago, but looked like death warmed over. Thin as a rail and sickly looking. I am maintaining at 142, but the difference is muscle weight. I wear the same size clothing as I did at 127.

Just saying this to point out, many many things can affect your ultimate shape, appearance and goal weight.

I would hesitate to tell you to set a goal this early in, for many reasons.

First of all, it’s a hella long way away. Breaking it down into chunks is much more manageable, and more motivating as you make a mini goal, then a big goal, and keep knockin’em down. Bam! bam! bam! is way better than…….silence….one big bam.

Second, guessing where you want to be some at some future point isn’t what you think. I “thought” I wanted to be 125, like I was in my wedding day. At 127, I tried on my wedding dress and it absolutely swam on me. WTF, right? A weight in your early 20’s has absolutely no connection to the same weight a decade (or four, in my case) later.

Thirdly, don’t compare yourself to these other ladies’ ideals. Not only is comparison the thief of joy, but you have no idea of their idea of “perfect”.

I would tell you, too, reel in your expectations. Don’t expect to continue to lose 6 pounds a week, or even like the chick on another thread noisily bemoaning the fact that she “only” lost 1.8 last week.

I’m going to hazard a guess that you are cutting hard and exercising hard here at the start. Slow it down some. Take the time to learn new habits, realign your diet and nutrition. If you’re exercising hard, make sure you fuel your body.

There’s a reason people talk about “burning the candle at both ends” and it absolutely, positively applies to weight loss.

Here’s to much success to you! 👍🏻
  • noodlesno
    noodlesno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Yeah really old thread but really interesting at the same time. @springlering62 has made some really great points and I am not going to echo as they are really well-written.

However, just to give you a counter to most of these women on this thread. I am just shy of 5"7' and my ideal weight is 165 lbs. At this weight I have a six-pack and very defined muscles, my body fat is in the teens. Any lower than that (I once hit 154lb and was not healthy at all) I lost my period, was super tired and I look gaunt.

Now this is not to say this is your ideal weight and it may be even some of the ladies on here starting weight, however, it is the lightest weight that suits me.

When I first started this journey, all I wanted is to be 145lb and be in a healthy BMI. However, I realised this was a completely unachievable and unhealthy goal for me.

So what I am saying is you can never compare yourself to others or Government charts to find out what suits your body. It is a case of try it and see. Being the lightest doesn't win you any competitions (even bodybuilders it is about body fat, not scale weight) but being happy and healthy helps you win at life.

Good luck with the journey, it's a bumpy ride but worth it in the end.