Working my butt off !! Sz 20 to 14 in 4 months ...

Options
tabinmaine
tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
Started my weight loss journey end of Nov 2011. Was tracking my food on another site and started couch to 5K program....

Jan 19th I joined MFP, loved the site. Also joined the gym and started lifting again at that time.

I have only lost 17lbs total, and that was all from Nov-Feb 15th. Have not lost 1 single pound since Feb 15th but have lost lots of inches and can see some major changes. I wore a size 20 in Dec, I bought size 14 pants the other day. :)

I have been eating anywhere between 1000-2500 calories....hahaha..... have tried all different levels of calories, trying to find my sweet spot. However.... I always get lots of protein in :)

Still have at least 50lbs to go.....but I am on my way. Same clothes in photos and please excuse my appearance, I have usually just worked out when I take pics LOL

I do HIIT on the treadmill, walk on high inclines, lift heavy or do circuits 5-6 days a week.

bicep3-31-1.jpg

Apr11back-1.jpg

Apr11-1.jpg

Apr113-1.jpg

Replies

• tabinmaine
    Options
    Shoot.... the APRIL photos are there.... you have to just click on the pic and open it up in a new window.... can't see them in the thread UGH
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Lost inches is the BEST!!! Those April photos really show them too, it's like you have shrunk all over. And your shoulders are AWESOME - exactly where I want to be.

I know how hard your workouts are with all the circuit training and HIIT - you are doing an amazing job and I cannot wait to see where you will go next with all of your efforts. Congratulations on going from a size 20 to 14, simply amazing. :happy:
  • tabinmaine
    Options
    Thanks girl !! :)
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Your biceps ARE truly awesome. I WISH my arms looked like that. Good for you!! Congrats!
  • tabinmaine
    Options
    Your biceps ARE truly awesome. I WISH my arms looked like that. Good for you!! Congrats!

Thankyou! :)

Your weight loss is truly awesome !! I WISH I could get this fat off haha
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job! I can so see difference... Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • rveals
    rveals Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Amazing looking good
  • tabinmaine
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks you guys !! I really appreciate your kind words
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! I see increased curves and more muscle in all the right places! Keep up the great work. ^_^
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I came cause ttkg told me to.. I stayed cause damn, you are doing awesome!!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome! You look great! You face is glowing and love that smile! :) Keep up the good work and congratulations!
  • valwes04
    valwes04 Posts: 58
    Options
    You look AWESOME! Keep up the great work! And thank you for definitely inspiring me to continue!
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The scale is only one part. The inches is a huge part, along with the change of mind (confidence). Good job with your journey keep it up.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! And congrats on the healthy attitude to weight loss. :flowerforyou: So many people freak out about not losing weight when they're clearly losing inches the way you are.
  • nyrjasmine
    Options
    Great job! Appreciate the inspiration to keep moving! :D
  • tabinmaine
    Options
    Thanks so very much everyone, it's so nice to hear the encouraging words !!

Oh trust me I have had my "freak outs" about the scale, no woman on this planet weighs what I do and is my height and in shape haha..... someday the scale HAS to change.... I can't keep going like this and it not move but I am going on week 8 going up and down the same 3 lbs.....
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Thanks so very much everyone, it's so nice to hear the encouraging words !!

Oh trust me I have had my "freak outs" about the scale, no woman on this planet weighs what I do and is my height and in shape haha..... someday the scale HAS to change.... I can't keep going like this and it not move but I am going on week 8 going up and down the same 3 lbs.....
    I know that feeling. I'm getting smaller visually (I have a waist now!) but the @#$#@ scale is being a pita. But you are making great progress. You can see it and that's what counts-not that silly #. No one sees that but you.
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    OK I started at a size 20 and I have lost 15 pounds...but I am no where near a 14 yet! WAY TO GO !!!! I have been on here 6 weeks! So you must really be kickin some serious *kitten*! What do you do for work outs? What's circuit training?
  • tabinmaine
    Options
    OK I started at a size 20 and I have lost 15 pounds...but I am no where near a 14 yet! WAY TO GO !!!! I have been on here 6 weeks! So you must really be kickin some serious *kitten*! What do you do for work outs? What's circuit training?

I don't know the "technical" term is for it but what I consider to be a circuit is 3-4 exercises done one right after the other with min rest ( like 30 sec) inbetween circuits.... done over and over for 30-45 min.

Last one I did this week for example:

30 step ups
    15 kettlebell swings
    5 push press

rest 30 sec..take a swig of water...
    repeat

I do work my butt off at the gym, I never leave pretty or not drenched in sweat..... but that's my goal.... :)
  • RoLondaBrown
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for your post. I was getting discouraged because I don't see the work paying off on the scale, but my clothes are loser, almost too lose, and I dropped a dress size, but I still thought I wasn't doing something right. Your post encouraged me, thanks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!