When do you stop using My Fitness Pal?

Options

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    When you feel you have your food completely under control. I plan on using it for some time even well after I've lost the weight I want to lose, if only to keep a food diary occasionally and look up nutritional value of "new" foods.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I have been at my Goal Weight for 18 months, but I have No Plans to top using MFP. It is TOO Easy to fall back into Old Habits and it is too common for people who have lost weight to regain it. Hopefully using the Tools on MFP will help me be one of the 5% of Losers who keep the weight off.
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I've been at my goal weight since August 2011, been on MFP for over a year now. I don't always log my food anymore and when I do it's mostly to track my protein and make sure I'm still in the right ballpark calorie wise. I don't plan on stopping any time soon though because I feel like I need to pay it back. I received so much motivation and support from this site while I was trying to shed the weight and I've learned so much about nutrition and fitness through my own research (here & elsewhere) that I love to be able to provide help/support to others!

So I'm not sure when I'll ever stop using the site/community entirely, even if I no longer log my food/exercise. Maybe if they were to start charging for options I guess!
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've had quite a few friends on here who have reached their goal, were able to maintain for a period of time and started to slowly wean off as they were able to make responsible choices until they dont really use it anymore. Great for them but sad I am loosing friends! I don't have a plan to stop using mfp currently, but maybe once I hit all of my goals (I have a lot, it's going to be a while) I might consider weaning down my use.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I will until they ban me....oh wait, that wouldn't stop me either.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Never!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I take breaks from logging my calories, but still have forum addiction.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I will stop logging once I reach my goal weight but will stay for the forums lol If I can go to Vegas, not log and eat whatever I want for 4 days and still lose 2lbs, I'm confident I can keep it up with my general knowledge of food and portions I have aquired.
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    MFP has become apart of my healthy living. So, as long as I plan to continue this lifestyle, I will use MFP. Besides, I love my Pals here and the success stories keep me motivated.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Stop? why? unheard of!
  • amary2
    amary2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I have been logging calories on and off for a couple of years and I still don't have a good sense of potion sizes and claories, etc. unless it is foods I eat all the time. My husband on the other hand can estimate the calorie content of any meal within about 50 - 100 calores. I have no idea how he does it but I think since he was a body builder he just has more experience with it. I guess eventually we will get there!
  • Majzak
    Majzak Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm Swedish, I stop using it every autumn and then pick it up again in the spring :)

I am at a level know where I know what to eat so most of the year I just eat and exercise without paying too much attention to anything but coming spring I want to be in the best shape for the summer so then I use it. I just don't like taking chances when on a diet.
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    not going to stop. I recently learned that my grandma counts her calories, so I know I'll be counting for the rest of my life. MFP might not always be here but I'll be counting forever.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine not using it. It's the anchor to healthy habits for me, and I really love my MFP friends. I have tons to lose so I will be here a while, but after that, maintenance I think is even tougher, so why would I leave?
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I will never stop logging!! I like knowing exactly where I am with my calories everyday. I'm a bit obsessed, but its better than being obsessed about something bad for you. :smile:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    just focused on now...whatever the future holds, so be it. lol
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    you keep logging in until FOR...E...VERRR.....FOR...E....VERRRR
    forevergz4.gif

I can't see pictures at work but that BETTER be a sandlot picture!
  • gmctech
    gmctech Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Never plan on stopping... I have great friends here who are suportive and also need support. Just cause i'm losing weight and will eventually reach my goal, doesn't mean i can stop....
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for the friends i have on here, i'd have stopped months ago. I am at a happy weight i haven't logged food in ages so i'm not sure how much longer I plan to hang around.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am not on a diet, I changed my lifestyle and just happen to be losing weight at the same time :wink: MFP is part of that lifestyle and I intend to keep using it for ever.