Dating on MFP? Why or Why not?

Options

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I don't care if you hook up with someone on here...I met my fiance on POF...but for the love of god please don't get all mushy and stupid on your private threads...i don't care how much you love her squishy face and what she smells like and how much you want to hold her and listen to her heartbeat :sick: keep that to yourself, and tell me how you're busting your *kitten* at the gym so your new found love finds you extra sexy.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    There aren't many asian men on here, but if there were and I was single, I might give it a try.

They have to be asian? What if someone said they'd only date a white man?

Then you'd be called racists. It is a double standard.

That is crazy talk. How is that a double standard?
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    I would like a 30/40-something man with a good job/stable....over 6 feet/dark hair....can u make that appear magically?
    I'll take his brother!

double date
    :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    There aren't many asian men on here, but if there were and I was single, I might give it a try.

"white" can cover a lot of races.

i guess i can't knock someone for liking what they like, i prefer natural redheads, and even though technically that's not racist that does narrow it down to a specific race.

Natural redheads you say?
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I don't care if you hook up with someone on here...I met my fiance on POF...but for the love of god please don't get all mushy and stupid on your private threads...i don't care how much you love her squishy face and what she smells like and how much you want to hold her and listen to her heartbeat :sick: keep that to yourself, and tell me how you're busting your *kitten* at the gym so your new found love finds you extra sexy.

OMG that was damn funny!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I think it is fine as you never know how you will meet :love: your soul mate
  • JennyferZ
    JennyferZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Let me know if anyone sees a 30+ year old guy from Ontario, Canada around here... lol!
    Most men on dating sites are kind of creepy with tons of baggage... and a pot belly to match! :laugh:
    I do agree though, common interests and goals is a great way to meet someone :)
  • lbrsmom
    lbrsmom Posts: 18
    Options
    I would! Maybe it would be better than regular dating websites, as both men and women here are trying to lose weight, so I think men would assume maybe I don't have a perfect body (yet).

I would PREFER someone that doesn't have the perfect body but is working hard to get it! I would LOVE a workout partner!

Too many times I've fallen for these skinny girls that each McDs all day and flop in front of the TV and never gain a pound. That's not good! They're usually lazy as hell too, whine about walking across a parking lot

Unfortnately, I know a few of them that are the same way!
    I think your idea is a brilliant idea and have actually thought about sending MFP an email myself.
    Maybe this forum will get looked upon!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I would sign up!!! Cannot be any worse then the experinece I have had on dating websites!
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I would PREFER someone that doesn't have the perfect body but is working hard to get it! I would LOVE a workout partner!

Too many times I've fallen for these skinny girls that each McDs all day and flop in front of the TV and never gain a pound. That's not good! They're usually lazy as hell too, whine about walking across a parking lot

I WISH that could be me!!! Joking......kinda :huh:

You and me both LOL
  • gwmedicgod
    gwmedicgod Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    MFP is just like any other social Media... you find interesting people, find common intrests, start chatting, meet in real life, and hopefully live happily ever after...
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    It's been my experience you don't need a dating site or atmosphere to meet someone and hit it off to the point where you begin dating. Yeah sure it's easier to know what the intentions are if there's actually a group for it because then you know who's single and willing to give it a go, but it just seems like a lot of pomp in the end. Not saying I'm against the idea because hey everyone works differently on that angle and if it works for them then great, I just wanted to point out that you don't ever really need that sort of setup in order to find someone, and that's just me speaking from personal experience along with knowing other people who met online in other ways than a dating site or any place that encouraged an atmosphere for it.
  • tatya317
    tatya317 Posts: 74
    Options
    If I were single.. I wouldn't mind giving it a try...building bodies, mentality,personality together.. that's a wonderful start to a relationship. Could be something there for those that are single here.. :)
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    Why would anyone do this
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Then you'd be called racists. It is a double standard.

That is crazy talk. How is that a double standard?

Because if someone is white and prefers to only date white people, idiots would say they are racist...and that's why they don't outside their race. If someone said they only date asians, it somehow isn't racist in the minds those the SAME people that would call someone racist for only dating white people.

I didn't say I agreed. CALM DOWN. I'm saying it is a double standard.
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Too bad all the women are hot and the men not so! No offence
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I run a dating advice forum, not a dating or matchmaking service, just advice. And there's about 4-5 couples who've married after getting to know each other gradually on the site, then meeting in person, then realizing, "Hey, there's something here!" A lot more who dated, and at least one woman who realized she'd been playing for the wrong team after meeting another woman from the site. :blushing:

Eventually, I got quite a reputation for being a pimp. And you know what? It is easy!

As I've said before in a different thread, how two people first became aware of the others' existence is a pretty minor part of what makes a relationship work. If the attraction, chemistry and compatibility is there, and the two are able to see each other face to face on a regular basis... why not?!
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I came on this site to lose weight and get healthy.

Along the way I happened to "friend" a man who did nothing but encourage and support me, who was wonderful to message and chat with, and who became (and still is) someone very important in my life.

I didn't come here to meet a man - after all, I was married when I joined - but learning that there were supportive men who didn't judge me for me few extra pounds (as I was being so badly judged at home) gave me the courage to leave my husband after 10 years.

I came for the support, I stay for the support - but I got something even more amazing along the way. My confidence, my self worth, and the most amazing man I have ever met.

All that being said, I am happy that the connection I made happened naturally, without the pressure of a dating forum. I am sure it could work for some people, but I like that my transition went from MFP friend to something more on it's own, with no expectation.
  • bluegrasschica
    Options
    I say sure why not. If there was a dating thing on here I would give it a try. =)
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    If I were single this would be a great place to hook up. You can find someone who is either at your fitness level or who you admire and they can help you achieve better results. If you actually got together you could help keep each other healthy and exercise together. :D

My guy is always ordering chinese and pizza. I try to resist but it's so good and he always orders some for me so I feel bad when I don't eat it. :(
    He never works out with me and on days I don't feel like it he convinces me to skip it. I wish when I said "man, I really don't feel like working out today." He'd say something like "It wont take that long, at least do half of it." Just something to make me go.