Ponytail or in pigtails...
  • svazquez820
    svazquez820 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    messy bun at the top of my head--it's my gym look lol
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My hair is too short for a ponytail right now, so I pin my bangs back so they're not on my face in a little pompadour and put a bandana in to keep the rest of my hair off my neck.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I put mine in a bun or high topknot most days too. Sometimes I'll secure the base by doing a loose ponytail first, then twist & secure the bun/knot, so that even if the knot falls, I can easily re-twist & secure it (just with another ponytail holder, wrapped 2x around) without losing the base of having it pulled up off my neck.
  • yocaitygee
    Options
    You could pull in back in a low lose bun and put a headband on! Just a lose one though and dont tie the accesory too tight!
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    When I exercise, I have to put it in a bun and clip my bangs or I get driven insane. I have found myself trying to push my bangs out of my face while doing an overhead press and almost knocked myself out with the dumbbell. Not my finest moment..
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a lower ponytail or a simple braid down your back for working out? I used to do this when I had really long hair. Now it's so short I don't need to worry!
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    bun, sock bun, or french braids! and i add a bandana when it's hot outside :glasses:
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I have long, heavy hair too, and swear by a high pony with a bun, and a headband. The higher the pony, the less your hair pulls downward when you run.

I hate hate hate how it feels when I sweat and my hair gets damp. ICK

That feeling of taking your hair down and tussling it after a good workout is my favorite. Amazeballs. Scalpgasm.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I have long, heavy hair too, and swear by a high pony with a bun, and a headband. The higher the pony, the less your hair pulls downward when you run.

I hate hate hate how it feels when I sweat and my hair gets damp. ICK

That feeling of taking your hair down and tussling it after a good workout is my favorite. Amazeballs. Scalpgasm.

Oh God I know, when I take my hair down after working out it's like the most amazing feeling ever!!
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have really long hair (down to my waist) and when I work it I put it into a ponytail and then plait the ponytail (hope that makes sense) and it stops the hair from sticking to my back. :smile:
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I throw it up in a big messy bun or wear a hat (although I hate a hat when I am really sweaty because it makes my head itch)......what I worry about is having to wash it after each session because my hair is soaked in sweat. WIth all the processing I have in it, I really don't want ot make it even drier than it is......I wish I had the problem of my hair being too thick to stay up....I have like 4 hairs on my head since I had my last baby. They need to warn us about that before having kids...just sayin! God, I hope it grows back :/
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Lately, I have been putting it in a Kim K bun. It is kinda tight....:grumble:

But when I put it in a ponytail it has gotten so long...it smacks me in the face when I get wild and crazy teaching my Zumba class.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have super long hair so usually a bun. if its chilly a ponytail or pigtails.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

I cannot wait to try this!!!!! Thanks!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    This was an issue I was battling with. It wasn't long enough to be heavy, but pony tails gave me headaches and I couldn't stay it touching my face or neck. One day, I got fed up with it and just had it cut off. Nice and short now. I know that's not an option for everyone, but man it helped me.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I pull mine up into a high messy bun and then I put one of thos elastic bands around my head to keep my short bands up and spray it. I have pretty intense workouts and it stays up. Plus it is easy!

^^^^ this.
    if I do a pony tail it sticks to my neck, if I do anything tight like a braid I get a super bad headache because my scalp is super sensitive, the bun keeps it tight and away without giving me a headache, and if a few pieces of hair fall out ti's okay, it looked messy from the beginning :P
  • joedieleigh
    Options
    :happy: Messy bun on top of my head and a hairband!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I throw it up in a big messy bun or wear a hat (although I hate a hat when I am really sweaty because it makes my head itch)......what I worry about is having to wash it after each session because my hair is soaked in sweat. WIth all the processing I have in it, I really don't want ot make it even drier than it is......I wish I had the problem of my hair being too thick to stay up....I have like 4 hairs on my head since I had my last baby. They need to warn us about that before having kids...just sayin! God, I hope it grows back :/

I actually never heard about hair thinning after kids! My hair's pretty much been the exact same thickness wise since I was a little kid (I have a 5 year old). Blessing and a curse I suppose, because it can be a real pain in the *kitten* :)