100 days, 34 lbs, no exercise. You can do it...

Options

Replies

• Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later :)
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    very nice success and this IS the way to do it....it may not be HC lunches or oatmeal breakfasts but finding what you LIKE and CAN live with is better than eating stuff you cant.....i look forward to seeing more success from you in the future...great great post...
    denise
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I had a similar experience at 29. I went from 202 to 177 in 5 months eating pretty much the way you described and no exercise. I loathed exercise. I'm 5'8" and even though I was still 10-15 lbs. overweight, I was much happier with my body.

My advice to you, keep tracking. It doesn't mean you have to be so strict, but don't let yourself go.

I maintained that weight for over a year, but then got married and ballooned all the way up to 210 over the next several years. At 37 I had enough , and this time had 40+ to loose but I chose more whole foods and eventually exercise. I am now a lover of exercise which allows me those 3 beers and an occasional large nacho plate.

Thanks again for sharing your story.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are proof that the key is in making reasonable choices on an everyday basis! Your story sounds like a version of mine. The big difference is that in being a small middle aged woman, I have to incorporate some exercise regularly, or plan on eating VERY little! I've lost my weight (and kept it off for nearly 2 years!) by manipulating my food and exercise to stay within my goal. Some days that means exercising and getting to eat more. Some days it means planning on eating less. Most days, it means eating lightly for breakfst and lunch so I can have a normal dinner with my family (notice, normal, not huge!). Each of us can control this most of the time. And on those days we can't, we have to decide that tomorrow is a new day, I'll try again!
  • jbaker436
    jbaker436 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great post! I've found that consistency is the key for a change for life, not just to get to a certain weight, size, etc. Trying to be moderate with eating and fitness is crucial for me. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration. :happy:
  • charming72
    charming72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later!
  • samelkins1969
    Options
    Hi like the other readers, your story has made me feel like I can do this and I am following it the same way you have so fingers crossed that at the end my 100 days I too will be on top of the world. Thanks thanks thanks!!
  • newve
    newve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and thank you for sharing this.
    1. Honesty
    2. Optimism
    3. Discipline
    :drinker:
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! Thank you for writing this, I am EXTRA motivated now :smile:
  • Lolo29riambel
    Lolo29riambel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It is giving me strength to persevere in my quest to feeling better and healthier.:happy:
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    To the OP:

I just wanted to let you know ... that I really appreciate you posting this.

I am over 300 pounds and trying to get to 150 healthy weight for my height. It is a long and arduous battle that I have fought repeatedly and lost repeatedly, returning me only to higher and higher weights. I'm determined this time to succeed, but I've tried to avoid the reasons that I failed in the past.
    I have read a lot of success stories about weight loss. I often find myself reading information on these forums and blogs and such trying to inspire myself and learn more strategies to lose weight.
    But honestly, most of the success stories from people with big weight loss like what I'm aiming for mostly depress me.

The typical: I see a story that looks similar to mine. 20-something or 30-something, 300ish pounds, been heavy most of their life but used to be less heavy and wants it back... They succeeded and show these amazing pictures of how they look after having shed some 150 pounds of weight. It took them a year or two years and they are now a smaller, healthy person.

The pictures alone are encouraging... because they are something I could hope to achieve.

But then I read on to how they did it... and... it is the most depressing thing I've ever seen.

I read these incredible stories of working out diligently or eating Asparagus Parsley for dinner every night or combining some insane level of discipline with an insane level of depriving.

I tell myself "I could do this" but I know... I couldn't.
    And that's where depression hits me.
    Because all the people I see succeeding are doing something I know, truly know, I won't do.

That's where your post comes in.

Your post is not like those posts. It's not even a similar amount of loss to what I need. But it is the single most encouraging post I have ever read for believing that I can and will lose the weight I want to. Because this post doesn't tell me that the only way to win is to stick to some spectacularly high goal that I will not reasonably ever hang on to. It doesn't tell me the only way I can be thin is to eat Lettuce sandwiches for the rest of my life. It doesn't even tell me I have to find a way to force myself to perform hours of activities I don't enjoy at all every single week.

It tells me that I can succeed despite the fact that I've never been a gym nut, or a sports nut, or even very fond of going outside.
    It tells me that I can succeed despite liking real cheese more than fat-free cheese, and that I can still enjoy the things I love.

It tells me that I can really do this. And I can really be the real me I know's in here somewhere.

Because I know myself too. And I believe that knowing oneself is the key to happiness.

And why I've never put this together for myself before is beyond me...

But your post helped me to realize I can do exactly what I want to do without hating my life for the next year or two.

Thank you for writing your story. It has made a huge difference for me today. It has inspired me.
    And I have no doubt now that a year or two from now, I'll be writing a success story of my own. And by then, I will not have forgotten this one. Not at all.

Thank you.

This^ :drinker:
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Loved your post :) I kinda am doing what you're doing. However I basically eat whatever I want in moderation except for soday (I drink diet soda maybe once a week if that). I started 1/19 and so far I have lost 31lbs. I only walk and use my ab lounge. Loved your writting and positive and most importantly realistic outlook.Congrats!
  • ourmamros
    ourmamros Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thank you for taking the time to share your journey in such a brilliant post. You have helped me feel bolder in considering sharing my diary - i am aware some of my choices may well be frowned on by those more disciplined than me - but i know i cannot ban goodies or I will end up bingeing on them!
    thank you
  • Hubbafer
    Hubbafer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This is extremely inspirational.... thank you!!!! :)
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Such an inspirational story. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :smile:

I loved the honesty in your post & I'd have to say it was probably the easiest post I have read on here, ever! Your down to earth personality definitely came through with your story. Not a lot of people can communicate as well as you just did, and by doing so, you reached so many people on so many levels. You kept me reading to the end.

WAY TO GO! I hope you and your wife have a BLAST at these upcoming weddings!
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Yep! I've lost my 70 lbs with no fitness regimen at all. I walk some times, I do a lot of work around my house (cleaning, redecorating, painting, yard work, etc) but do not go to the gym. I do want to get into a more regular exercise routine because I think it will help with my weight loss, but more importantly, my energy levels (I have depression which makes them worse). But my weight loss has mostly come from changing my eating habits (3 meals a day with nothing in between, mre veg and fruit, cut out sugar and junk(potato chips, crackers), counting my calories, and knowing this is not a race to a finish line. It is a change of my life for the rest of my life!

Note: I had to cut out sugar and the junk because I realized it was causing me to crave more and more of the same when I ate them...I was and am addicted to them. I do, however still eat popcorn, the way it was meant to be made (oil popped with salt and butter) which I have whenever I want it...usually every couple of weeks. And I do have sweets with natural sugars (molasses, real maple syrop, and lots of fruit). I just stay away from the things that seem to keep me going back for more and more, and more until I can't move. I started this weight loss with over eaters anonymous, but found that the program was not for me. did learn a lot about myself and my addictive personality because of their program.

Great job!
  • amymimi12
    amymimi12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    SO appreciate you sharing your story and reminding me that it's possible to lose the weight using my own set of rules. Honesty, Optimism, Discipline. Gonna post that in my office. Thank you for the inspiration. :smile:
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Great story, I totally enjoyed reading it. Very inspiring to so many, including me. Not everyone can or will do this if it means working out all the time. I have just recently begun working out but, I do it because it feels good and is making my old broken body stronger. If it helps tone and other benefits, that's a bonus!

Thank you for sharing, you're awesome!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!