Beginners Walking Challenge Session 3

Options

Replies

• nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join and get back into the habit of exercising :smile: With summer vacations, and the kids home all summer, I got into the habit of not exercising :frown: So, I'll be working on walking Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a 45 minute walk / run, 350 calories and if felt glorious!!!
  • JenSteck
    JenSteck Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    New to this site..and looking for some realistic goals. I would love to join this group. Since I'm at work at the moment (yep..being bad and surfing the net...ha) I'll have to wait until this evening to walk. I'll let y'all know how I did.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I walked 4 miles this morning. :heart: Have a great day walkers ! Cindy :heart:
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    Does treadmill walking count? If so, is it too late for me to join?

Donna
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Cindy, you're doing an awesome job! You look so great! You can def tell you lost weight, esp in your face. :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work!!!!!
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone:flowerforyou: I am back on track. I had a really yummy chicken packet for dinner (about 250 calories) tuna salad and crackers for lunch, 2 tbs.peanut butter , 1 tbs. grape jelly on whole wheat bread and skim milk for breakfast, and a nice big yummy peach for snack total calories for the day 1260. I walked the river at lunch since it stopped raining and did my 4 mile Leslie Sansone DVD tonight which left me over 400 calories for the day. Not too bad if I keep it up MFP says I should weight 179.2 in 5 weeks. We shall see....Have a wonderful night, Rosemary
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :happy:

I made it. I stopped on the way home and walked 35 minutes. Now, it's Subway Salad for supper.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Cindy, you're doing an awesome job! You look so great! You can def tell you lost weight, esp in your face. :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work!!!!!
    Thanks a bunch Jenna !!!!!
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options

Donna

Anything counts and its never too late to join!! Welcome.
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Checking in - I did 4784 steps today. Everyone is doing so great - Just keep walking!!
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Donna

I second emmie's comment. I would also like to add that we can make bike riding count, too, since some of us walkers can't always walk (like me). :cry:

That being said, I used the "Technogym Wave" machine at my gym this morning--it simulates roller blading (without the falling down). I did 30 minutes and was drenched in sweat at the end of it. Sure felt good!

Good day to you all!

Cheers! :drinker:
  • Linda1959
    Options
    Ok I'm a little late but yes I would like to join this group. I will check in on Saturday evenings - looking forward to it. I just got a little pedimeter from my office health group. it counts steps what is a good step number per day. These pedimeters came from the office group that did 10,000 steps per day. So does anyone know how many steps equal a mile?
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Hello walkers!

One more day of working a a double...and then I'll be back to my normal walking routine. I was going to get up earlier today to take a walk but I'm going to be on my feet all day (for 10 hours straight). I'm a server, so I don't want to over do it.

Cindy, you're very welcome. You're such an inspiration. :flowerforyou:

I also agree with Emmie, anything counts! and welcome to all the new people that just joined us!

Deborah, that machine sounds awesome! I wish my gym had one :happy: How are you feeling anyways? Are you getting better?

ntungu, I'm not really sure what would be a "good step number" per day. I don't go by a pedimeter, I have a HRM that watches my heart rate. I think it's up to you and how your body reacts. As long as you're getting AT LEAST 30 mins and you have your heart rate up, that should be ok. :smile: Good luck!
  • donna56
    Options

Donna

Thanks! I'm in :happy:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hello walkers :flowerforyou: I just walked 5 miles ! Wheww I'm a bit tired. I work from 3pm-8pm tonight so I wanted to get my miles in this morning. have a great day everyone !! Cindy :heart:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my morning walk, 48 minutes, 300 calories. I have been walking with my mom and she has a bad knee so we go slower. I think any kind of movement though is good and when the scale starts to slow I will just hop on my bike also.
  • ammccarter
    Options
    I'd love to join as well....It's great to have so many people for support!

:happy:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Deborah, that machine sounds awesome! I wish my gym had one :happy: How are you feeling anyways? Are you getting better?

My achilles tendon is feeling great right now, but I figure that it's best if I start off slowly getting back into things. So I think that I'll be doing one or two days a week kind of slowly at first.

Thanks for checking in on me, Jenna!!! :flowerforyou:

Cheers! :drinker:
  • donna56
    Options
    Hehehehe :laugh: Everyone on here walks so much faster and futher than I do. I felt good after I walked 1 mile @ 2-2.5 mph for 32 min. on the treadmill, slightly uphill I might add , :wink:

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans