Do you refuse to buy over a certain size?

Options

Replies

• nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    If you can't fit into a smaller size, you should go up a size. Simple as that.
  • Sheila1968
    Sheila1968 Posts: 106
    Options
    I agree that the sizing is insane. I have to try EVERYTHING on and can't shop from catalogs or online at all, since nothing is standard. I have clothes ranging from "petite small" (ha! what a joke for a 5'6" 155 pound woman) to size 14 - and they ALL fit properly. I find it ironic that guys' clothing never seems to be labeled/sold in this manner. I've often wished for pants that would identify the waist, hip size, and length like they do for men's. At least I'd have a chance to see if it would fit instead of bringing 4 sizes into the dressing room with me. That being said, if I find a dress/skirt/pants that actually fit me, which is a challenge with my shape, I'm going to buy it regardless of the tag.

The only thing on the tag that really matters to me is if it's washable. :D
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I wear what fits, size be damned. Not all sizes are standard. I'm a size 10 with a true 32" waistline. Usually I wear a 7/8 jean comfortably. *shrug* I refuse to buy jeans at all right now until I am at a 30" with smaller hips and thighs.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    yes ... thats stupid

This. Ffs, you're the only one who know the number on the damn pants so why not just buy the ones that fit right and look good? This is what's wrong with clothing sizes and why there is "vanity sizing" instead of standard sizing. If it wasn't for this mentality I wouldn't have to pick up 3 different pant sizes in a store in the same style to know which ones fit. So yeah, since you asked my vote is for stupid.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Clothing can be so wacky!!!
    all mental!
    I was shopping for some things to wear to an upcoming wedding and communion this week
    I was in the Macys INC dept....that brand is wacky...tops I am usually a small..sometimes medium
    I saw these 2 dresses I liked..tried the first on in a small and it ft perfectly...felt good
    Next dress only size in store was a medium so I attempted to try it on.I literally thought I was going to have to be cut out of it as I got stuck in it trying to get it over my boobs...i had to jump my way out of it (ladies that have been there get this)
    I did feel a little deflated that the medium was soooo tight and had to ask the sale girl if she could find a large for me
    BUT all mental..as long as u look good and feel good and are working hard try ignore that petty stuff!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Yes...I refuse to buy a size above 8's.....shirts are negotiable but really wouldn't want to buy over a Medium but some times these girls of mines want let that happen....I always wanted to be a 8 and can get in 6's...understand that some name made pants run smaller...but something about the number now...Crazy!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Like when I am going jean/pant shopping, no matter what size I am at the time I will refuse to even try on anything in a larger size than the smallest I know I can fit into. Like right now I know I can squeeze into *some* 4s and 5s so no matter how much I like the style of the jean if they don't fit me at that size I won't try the next size up.

Is that stupid? Am I the only one that does that?

FYI, your 4's and 5' are more like 8's and 10's anyways.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Like when I am going jean/pant shopping, no matter what size I am at the time I will refuse to even try on anything in a larger size than the smallest I know I can fit into. Like right now I know I can squeeze into *some* 4s and 5s so no matter how much I like the style of the jean if they don't fit me at that size I won't try the next size up.

Is that stupid? Am I the only one that does that?

FYI, your 4's and 5' are more like 8's and 10's anyways.

Shhhhhhhhh
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I was this way for a little bit, then realized that EVERY brand fits so much different, thats its more important to have the right size/fit, then the size you think you should be.... just me.
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do that. I know different types fit differently. I am not going to buy something that is too small/tight but if the item doesn't fit in my size I am not going up to the next size I just won't buy the item. It is mental for me right now. I need to see the improvement.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I buy what fits. I'm not going to buy a 7 that i squeeze into and have a muffin top when i know i will look smoking hot in the properly fitting 9.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I guess I only do that with bras, I cant stomach buying a D so I buy C cups
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yep when I threw out the 18's & 16's I vowed never to buy those sizes again AND I refuse to shop in the plus size stores anymore. I wear 14's now & if I go in the store & find a pair of 14's that are tight I'm not buying them & I'm not buying the next size up either! I just won't have that pair of pants! LOL
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't get why everyone is telling me not to wear tight clothes. When did I even say I wear them tight???!!!! I won't buy them if they are tight. I will only buy them if they fit me right. If they do not fit and are not the size I want I won't go up a size, I just won't buy them either.

Jeeze, one person misreads what I say and everyone jumps on that bandwagon. Talk about actin all grades school.
    I understand what you mean! I too won't buy a bigger size if my size won't fit! Usually for me the next size up will be bigger in the waist! Depending on the designer, these days sizes/fits are all over the place. Especially in jeans! !
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    If I try something on, it's because I liked it enough. If I like it enough to try it on in 'my' size and it doesn't fit, I will try the next size up. If it fits, I buy it. Simple as that.

Not buying something because of the number in the label is imbecilic.
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Nope. I would rather look good in my clothes than cram my butt into something that doesn't fit right. Heck when I was heavier I loved Lane Bryant because I could look very put together and felt better about myself. When I started losing weight I had a harder time as a 12 because I couldn't shop at Lane Bryant anymore but didn't quite fit well in other stores clothes.
  • helly_zg
    helly_zg Posts: 7
    Options
    hahahah you're not the only one, i do it also. lol but i don't buy smaller size if it doesn't fit, i just wait to lose some weight and then i buy jeans. stupid i know xD
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't get why everyone is telling me not to wear tight clothes. When did I even say I wear them tight???!!!! I won't buy them if they are tight. I will only buy them if they fit me right. If they do not fit and are not the size I want I won't go up a size, I just won't buy them either.

Jeeze, one person misreads what I say and everyone jumps on that bandwagon. Talk about actin all grades school.

Acting "grade school" IMO is not buying something you like and that looks good on you because the number on the label is higher than a number on some other label. It's a completely meaningless number that can vary pretty widely from one brand to another.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I buy what fits. Since women sizes are vanity-based, I don't base my decisions on them. I would only do that with an accurate sizing system, so unless I buy men's jeans, I ignore sizes entirely.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    The smaller I get the less I care what number it is. I'm still happy when I get to a new size, but I we it this way:

It's not my *kitten*' fault it couldn't fit in those jeans, it's a great *kitten*, it's those jeans.

With this perspective, doesn't matter what size my pants are, I feel great in them :)