Nutrition Info Help!

cat_nz
cat_nz Posts: 14 Member
So today I thought I was being so good and healthy choosing this kebab for lunch, had checked the nutrition content and thought I was winning, only 155 calories!

After eating, I considered it a little more, and wondered, is this nutrition information for the CHICKEN only? i.e. not the wrap that would have had *kitten* loads of calories in it as well?

Could someone a bit more nutrition data reading savvy please check it out and let me know?

http://www.originkebabs.com.au/HealthNutrition.aspx

Think I know the answer already though :sad:

Sigh. This is so hard some days!

Replies

• Mnata
    Mnata Posts: 35 Member
    I've not seen that product before, but looking on the website it looks like the kebab is 155 calories. However, most kebabs don't have a wrap, so I'm confused where that came from?

Just checked the MFP database - looks like to kebab info does not include the wrap.
  • cat_nz
    I should have mentioned - a "kebab" here is a doner kebab - gyro type meat / salad inside a wrap. It seems everywhere in the world has different meanings for different foods!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    I don't know the answer to this, but one thing I noticed is that it has 16.6 g of carbohydrate - the chicken alone wouldn't have that, surely?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    For the whole thing because of the carbs.
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    is it really only 100g? seems quite small/light for a kebab...
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Well, chicken doesn't have carbs. It's all protein and fat.
    Each gram of protein and carbs bares around 4 calories, fat gives around 9 calories.

My browser isn't loading the nutrition information on the site but eh, hope that gives some clarification at least. 155 calories for a kebab seems very little.

Edit^ seeing the above post, 100g of pure chicken gives about 130 calories..soo...yep, not considering sauce or anything? Don't think it's right.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Kebab contains :
    bread : I'd say 350 calories for the size of it
    Letuce / tomatoes/ oinion/ sausage : 100 calories tops
    French fries with cooking oil : I'd say 400 calories, depening on the size
    Meat (again with oil) : I'd say 300 calories

That would mean 1050 calories - that wouldn't even surprise me :)
    for the macros, I'd say (I'm not sure at all ahah) : 70 g of fat, 300/ 400 g of carbs/ not sure for the proteins maybe 50 g ?
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Are these things small? I can't think in metric, what is 100g =(

Unfortunately chicken alone can have carbs because of the marinade.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    It doesn't include the wrap. If you go on any of their products and click see nutrition facts it brings you back to the chicken and lamb, so I would say it's just the meat. But one day of freedom eating won't hurt you :)
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    It doesn't include the wrap. If you go on any of their products and click see nutrition facts it brings you back to the chicken and lamb, so I would say it's just the meat. But one day of freedom eating won't hurt you :)

^^^^^this
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    bump to research
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    TRY THIS: ..... chicken gyro wrap OR .... Nutrition Facts
    EDIT
    East Side Pockets - Lamb & Chicken Gyro (Wheat Wrap, No Taziki Sauce)
  • cat_nz
    Thanks for all the help...I have tried logging it as best I can (and not with the calories on the website cos that felt like cheating!) I now know for the future to read the nutrition details a bit more carefully!
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    If it is packaged with everything I would say it is for the whole thing just based on the website info. If it comes packaged all together then it should be 154 calories per package.