5'2-5'3 girls!!!!

Options

Replies

• phillyt08
    Options
    5'3''
    39 yrs old, 4 children (18, 16, 3, 4 months)
    SW (at 6 week post-partum check-up) 166
    CW: 147 lbs
    GW: 125 lbs
    UGW: 115 lbs

Currently doing bootcamp 3x/week. Using my fitnesspal for past 4 days...it's made me so much more aware of how much I'm consuming. I love it!
  • twolilbeans
    Options
    5'3"
    28 years old
    I had my two babies back to back and because of that I was all stretched out and had major ab separation.
    SW: 170 in October 2011
    CW: 133 I hit this weight March 2012
    GW: 115 I should be here by the end of summer :)

My calories are in the 1500 to 1700 range, I don't follow the average diet that most people here follow, I eat a strict primal/paleo diet. All of my weight was lost without exercise. When I hit my first goal weight of 135 I was able to get an abdominoplasty to fix my ab separation. Now that I'm able to exercise I'll be hitting my goal weight soon!
  • imsleepdeprived
    imsleepdeprived Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    H: 5'2.5"
    SW (Nov 2011): 158 lbs (highest weight 174 lbs - in gr 7!!)
    CW: 146 lbs
    GW: 128 lbs

(I have a small frame)

Calorie Range - 1300/1400 on rest days and 1500/1600 on training days

Training:
    M: cardio (30min - 1hr)
    T: strength (with trainer) + 30 min cardio
    W: cardio (30min - 1hr) + 30 min cardio
    Th: strength (with trainer)
    F:cardio (30 min - 1hr)
  • 87missc87
    87missc87 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Height: 5'2", medium build/curvy
    Starting Weight: 159 last summer, but about 149 on 2/29/12 when I got more serious about my eating and not just my exercising and started logging again after a few month break.
    Current Weight: 139
    Goal Weight: 135, but more concerned with toning than weight
    Calories: 1200/day, trying harder to eat back my exercise calories! Loosely following BFC but usually keeping it under 15 grams of sugar/day and 6-7 servings of carbs/day.
    Exercise: 30 minute cardio (treadmill or elliptical) warmup followed by 60 minute boot camp classes (cardio/aerobics, some step, and some light lifting) at my gym, three times a week. I have been pretty successful lately at adding another day of either running outside for the fresh air or solo cardio/strength training at the gym. I changed it up this past week and am considering doing something a little closer to this week's schedule...

Sun: Break
    M: Treadmill warmup/boot camp class (evening, 90 min)
    T: Treadmill walk/jog (evening, 45 min)
    W: Elliptical warmup/PiYo class (evening, 90 min)
    Th: Break
    F: Treadmill run/solo strength training (afternoon, 60-75 min)
    Sat: Elliptical warmup/boot camp class (morning, 90 min)

This actually seems like a lot (for me) now that I write it out, but I feel really good! :smile:
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    38 years old
    5'2
    I started at 142 a year ago
    Currently at 110.6
    I'm at my goal weight but want to add lean muscle mass.
    I am currently at 1500 calories a day and eat back all my exercise calories. I'm in the process of upping my calories to see how that effects my body.
    I exercise 6 days a week. I run or do the elliptical for my cardio and do the 30 Day Shred for strength. I'm just about to start level 3 (I've done the video and several of her others a couple of times each). :)
  • cjr312
    cjr312 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 23 yrs old.

SW: 133
    CW: 125
    GW:120
    UGW: 115

I set my calorie goal at 1300 because I felt fatigued at 1200. Sometimes I eat back my exercise calories and sometimes I don't.

I do 30-40 min of cardio daily and 15-20 min of strength. 2-3 Days a week I'll do the 30D shred video.
  • jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    HI! Im 25 5'3"

start weight: 149
    current weight 145
    goal weight 135

I work out 3-4 times a week. weight training and cardio. would like to have visable defination of my muscles (arms,legs and abs) 135 may not bring me there but i am fairly muscular to start with i eat around 1300 calories a day following the 4 hour body diet, i have been actively doing this diet for 2 weeks now. before starting the 4hb i didnt have any weight loss despite my effort.

how long has it taken those who are at their goal to get there?
  • miatacat
    miatacat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I'm 5'2" ... woot woot to all the shorties! :)

SW: 173 lbs. (not pregnant)
    CW: 139 lbs.
    1st GW: 125 lbs.
    UGW: 108 lbs.

I work out as many days a week as possible depending on the time I have (full-time nursing student/working) but average around 3-4 x/per week. For exercise: running, 30day shred and Pilates.

Daily Caloric Intake: 1130 - 1200 (sometimes I go over if its a very active week). Also, if I exercise I DO eat my calories to make up for the deficit. I started last summer, so in about a year I've lost 34 lbs. So, very slowly ... ready to pick up the pace!
  • jennimben
    jennimben Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 48 yrs old.

Highest wt-182
    CW-162
    GW-140
    Ecstatic weight-135

I am building up my exercise, currently 4 days a week of a good sweat for approx an hour, try to walk the rest of the week. I've been playing with my calories and found I'm not losing on 1350, so bumped up to 1500. Recent illness so just now getting back into and hoping for success! Figuring out energy expenditure (TDEE), BMR and all it looks like I should up my calories.
    sure seems like a lot of women on this thread are eating really low, low caloriies and not eating back exercise calories. I think you should! Don't starve yourselves! It'll catch up with you in later years when your metabolism changes. I was 138 lbs for 15 of my adult years, didn't lose the weight from my last child (at age 38) and then my body started changing but my habits didn't. Yikes! Getting back on track now though and I am sooooo excited.
  • 130to116
    130to116 Posts: 10
    Options
    5 foot 2.5 inches small frame but EXTREMELY muscular
    SW: 131
    CW: 131
    GW: 116

I eat 1200 calories a day. On hard workouts day ill let myself go over a hundred or two but besides from that I usually don't eat my calories back. I don't know if this goal is a good one for me? I'm afraid it won't make a difference! if any one would like you should add me for motivation:)
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Age 29 (mom of 2)
    5'2 medium build I think. I have a big butt and muscular thighs.

sw- 120
    cw -113
    gw- ? more focused on bodyfat %

I eat anywhere from 1300-1600 calories. I eat back my exercise calories most of the time.

Low carb/high fat/moderate protein is how I keep my weight in check.
  • pmanco2009
    Options
    bump
  • Sgenno23
    Sgenno23 Posts: 5
    Options
    HI 5'0
    SW - 185
    CW - 184
    GW- 125

trying to eat 1200 and excersie.... having a difficult time understanding how to loos weight. do i eat back the cals i use up during exersie??? or do i not... please help!

im 28 and a mother of a 1yr old
  • clynnhamm
    clynnhamm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    I'm 5'2.
    My starting weight when I joined was 223.8 (My highest non-pregnancy weight was 247 about a year and a half ago)
    Current weight is 215.2
    My ultimate goal is 135.

We can do this! It's inspiring to see so many of you having success. I can't wait to feel as wonderful as all of you!

Oh, feel free to add me as a buddy. I need all the help I can get!
  • MiMarMor
    MiMarMor Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    24 years old.
    5'3"

Highest weight: 135 (2 years ago)
    Current weight: Between 110-115 (fluctuates a lot)
    Goal weight: 105ish

I try to eat around 1250 calories a day, but usually end up going over that by around 300 calories :( Am just now starting Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred.
  • Taitiant
    Taitiant Posts: 65
    Options
    bump

16512618.png
  • jennimben
    jennimben Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    HI 5'0
    SW - 185
    CW - 184
    GW- 125

trying to eat 1200 and excersie.... having a difficult time understanding how to loos weight. do i eat back the cals i use up during exersie??? or do i not... please help!

im 28 and a mother of a 1yr old

I was referred to a great website fat2fit to figure out how many calories to eat per day based on my own statistics. It's really easy, you just need to take measurements and indicate your activity level. I used the Military Version. I have seen it referenced in several threads so I know lots of people are using it. Good to take your measurements anyway, lots more happening in inches than pounds! It's a good place to start to figure out basic calorie needs. Good luck to everyone!!!
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Age/height: 20, 5'2"
    HW: 325
    SW: 320
    CW: 287
    GW: 130-140
    Calories: 1,400 - 1,500

Nothing special, I started January 4th of this year. I eat within the nutrition goals that MFP set and I workout when I can. I'm planning on starting 30DS tomorrow and seeing how far I can get with it.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2
    SW: 128
    GW: 118
    2ndGW 115
    CW: 114

Today is my last day at 1200 calories as I don't want to lose anymore weight but put on more muscle. I put on those 13 pounds in the last 2 years due to infertility drugs and comfort eating and am scared to death to start again for fear of weight gain. Hoping this time around I can control that aspect of it. Workout 6 days a week, 3 of those marathon training days and lift 4 days a week so I need my calories! Definetly ate back most of exercise calories. Don't know what to think of the 400 cal increase tomorrow!
  • Tracy_03311981
    Options
    Height 5'3"
    SW: 166-my heaviest ever
    GW: 125
    CW: 158

I currently consume 1200-1400 calories a day, and that's without working out.
    I usually consume back the calories I gain from working out.
    I work full time, school part time, and workout roughly 5-6 days a week.
    Use the elliptical machine mostly, I pulled a calf muscle using those arc machines :(
    I strength train 2-3 days a week, one of those days doing a whole body strength, the other two doing upper or lower, depending on my time restrictions.
    Everyone can add me as a friend :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!