Any ladies 5'8 and up..

Options

Replies

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    tall people are so lucky :grumble: ........u get more calories to eat.....longer legs.......taller bodies in genral.......:grumble: :grumble: so u can reach stuff on the top shelf :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Honey, I'll get stuff off the top shelf for you.:smooched:
    sweeet!!!!......lol ok that works for me then :laugh: .......the other day the evil stores clerk put the formula i use in the wayyyyyy back on the top shelf lol and i was sitting there jump swatting at it......lol for like 10mins until someone helped me :laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Some people are lucky that way. I have to eat fewer than 1400 calories to lose weight, But maybe I am like that way because I was comsuming less than 2000 calories a day before

You could probably get it up but you would probably gain a little weight first and most people don't want to do that.
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    tall people are so lucky :grumble: ........u get more calories to eat.....longer legs.......taller bodies in genral.......:grumble: :grumble: so u can reach stuff on the top shelf :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Honey, I'll get stuff off the top shelf for you.:smooched:
    sweeet!!!!......lol ok that works for me then :laugh: .......the other day the evil stores clerk put the formula i use in the wayyyyyy back on the top shelf lol and i was sitting there jump swatting at it......lol for like 10mins until someone helped me :laugh:

I always help people trying to reach stuff. I feel like it's my responsibility or something.:ohwell:
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    My Mom would always say that she was only short on one end. She was only 5ft 1in
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Okay all this talk I am not eating enough I just went to our local ice cream shoppe and got a heath flurry frozen vanilla yogurrt of course :smokin: puts me at almost 1400 calories for the day
  • carrieberrie
    Options
    MFP put me at 1200 calories to lose one pound per week, so that is what I eat. On top of that I do eat my exercise calories, so I never go under the 1200 calorie mark. I have a desk job, and my BMR is 1531. I am afraid if I eat more I won't lose any weight. I am having a hard time losing weight as it is.

yeah BMR is
    Your estimated BMR is: 1,539 calories/day* :sad:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    lol wow i skipped a whole bunch of this thread when i came into it......carrie everyones different and theres no need to get upset at someone who was just trying to give advice.....if you've figured out your body and what works congrats to u......some people can eat more and some cant.....i'm allowed 1,000 cals a day in order to lose weight........EVERYone is different and someone who was just giving some helpful advice shouldnt be talked down too.....sorry if that seems a little harsh but i read that one post and i wouldve been offended if u said that to me and all i was trying to do was help
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I'm 5'10. When I was starting out, (almost 240) I was eating 1200 cal's and none of my exercise calories. Losing weight really well....also...dizzy almost to the point of passing out whenever I would stand up or even just starting to walk too fast. Increased calorie intake to around 1600 (this includes some of my exercise cals) and l lose weight at the same rate as before, but I don't get dizzy or pass out. I have purchased a HRM just to I know for sure how many calories I expend exercising, and I'm a little fanatical about weighing and measuring my food.

Anyway for this primarily sedentary 44 year old gal, 1500-1700 consumed, while burning 500 cal most days via exercise, seems to be my sweet spot.
  • PinkDog
    PinkDog Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey Joyous,

I am same height as you and I have a hard time too with the calories.

My reason is this -- I am supposed to eat 1759 per day ( weigh a lot) -- and I CAN"T get that high without going waaaaay over in carbs or fat. That's not including exercise (which I do 7 days per week) that usually puts me over 2000!

I am eating clean and all different kinds of foods -- it is just tough!

Feel free to view my food diary (but ignore Saturday because it is an embarrassment!).

-- Pink
  • carrieberrie
    Options
    lol wow i skipped a whole bunch of this thread when i came into it......carrie everyones different and theres no need to get upset at someone who was just trying to give advice.....if you've figured out your body and what works congrats to u......some people can eat more and some cant.....i'm allowed 1,000 cals a day in order to lose weight........EVERYone is different and someone who was just giving some helpful advice shouldnt be talked down too.....sorry if that seems a little harsh but i read that one post and i wouldve been offended if u said that to me and all i was trying to do was help

I've also lost 7lbs in 5 week but I eat 600 calories a day more than you and I've been sustaining it for over 4 months. I very much doubt you will be able to but that's just my .02.

the last sentence of her post is what ticked me off and I do not call that advice. And yes she should have left at your advice everyone is different, I cant eat 1800 calories a day and lose weight. I have to eat the most 1400 and I try to eat the very least 1100, thats what I found works for me. No one should take offense from what I said, I dont think anyone should give anybody on this website one ounce of discouragement and that sentence just made me snap
  • carrieberrie
    Options
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5 10 or 5 11 depending on the time of day. I usually eat 1200 calories a day throughout the week and 1400 on the weekends. I also sit at a desk for the majority of the day and I DON'T eat my exercise calories. In doing so, I have lost fifty pounds since May. I also wear a Gowearfit, so I know EXACTLY how many calories I expend daily. At the end of the day, we are all different, what works for you might not work for me, as we all burn our calories differently...but for me, it's all about the numbers. I can actually see my daily deficit and can adjust my calories accordingly throughout the day.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Is there any one in this thread that would be willing to let me see their food diaries?...I think 1 person really answered my question with nuts lol....>:laugh:
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    All you need to do is click on a persons name and it takes you to there profile if there diary is open for anyone to look at it will have a square saying food diary on the right hand side just click on it and you will be able to see there diary
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

I've also lost 7lbs in 5 week but I eat 600 calories a day more than you and I've been sustaining it for over 4 months. I very much doubt you will be able to but that's just my .02.

the last sentence of her post is what ticked me off and I do not call that advice. And yes she should have left at your advice everyone is different, I cant eat 1800 calories a day and lose weight. I have to eat the most 1400 and I try to eat the very least 1100, thats what I found works for me. No one should take offense from what I said, I dont think anyone should give anybody on this website one ounce of discouragement and that sentence just made me snap
    I didn't mean to discourage you. I think it is great that you have lost all that weight . I am concerned that it may not be sustainable because of the low caloric intake and my opinion is you may see better long term results with an increase in calories and the use of exercise to create your deficit but reading back my response makes me sound like a condesending b!tch and I apologize. I totally see why you were upset. :flowerforyou: I'm really sorry for the way I expressed my thoughts.
  • PinkDog
    PinkDog Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Is there any one in this thread that would be willing to let me see their food diaries?...I think 1 person really answered my question with nuts lol....>:laugh:

Read my response -- I told you to look at mine!
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    Hey Joyous,

I am same height as you and I have a hard time too with the calories.

My reason is this -- I am supposed to eat 1759 per day ( weigh a lot) -- and I CAN"T get that high without going waaaaay over in carbs or fat. That's not including exercise (which I do 7 days per week) that usually puts me over 2000!

I am eating clean and all different kinds of foods -- it is just tough!

Feel free to view my food diary (but ignore Saturday because it is an embarrassment!).

-- Pink

First, congratulations on what you have already lost. Second, my Saturday was an embarrassment too.

On your diary: I have a couple comments. You should probably increase your protein on most days. Having sufficient protein allows you muscles to repair more easily which in turn helps weightloss. I find, for me, the easiest way to do it is to double the amount of whatever is the protein for that meal. For example, instead of .79 cups of chicken on your salad make it a 1.5c.. Of course this means you'll have to cut some where which brings me to my second suggestion. I would recommend you reduce the number of simple carbohydrates you eat. Personally, I believe sugar is fine as long as it's natural and I, generally, eat it will protein and/or fat to reduce the blood sugar spike. However, dieticians recommend no more than 40g of added sugar a day. I wouldn't worry about going over your fat. You seem to stay pretty close to your saturated fat goal so you're eating primarily healthy fats.

I have one more suggestion: spread out your calories over the day more. This allows your body more time to use the calories before you go to sleep rather than storing them as fat.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to point out another variable in determining one's caloric intake: that very obese people can maintain a larger deficit than can people who are closer to their goal weight.

My diary is public too Pink if you want to check it out.
  • skimbro000
    Options
    I am 5'10" and I eat around 1300-1400 calories a day. Need to lose around 20 lbs. However, I am 52 and in the MIDDLE of menopause :cry: Over the last 5 years I have gained weight eating exactly like I did when I was younger. Oh my gosh - it becomes so much harder to lose it when you are older.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Joyous: Would you mind looking at my food diary to see where I can improve... I am a rookie at this stuff:laugh: ???