Beautiful Blue Team WEEK 16

Options

Replies

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Where the heck are you guys today?! :flowerforyou: Dontcha know that "work" thing is taboo? Geeze. :wink:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    So I really hate having to work nights and lose weight. I worked Saturday night and I have absolutely no control when I am tired. :grumble: Maybe that is just an excuse though, perhaps I enjoyed the chips and dip I ate--but I always seem to eat way to much when working and my weigh in is horrible. Today is a good day so far I am really trying to make up for the weekend. I have more nights coming up and I guess I need to prepare better or avoid the crap all together. :noway:

My son and husband began throwing up yesterday and I am still recovering. :tongue: They are feeling better now, thank goodness. I called in sick to work to take care of them. It's a good excuse right. :blushing:

Hope that all of you had a better weekend.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey all.
    Had a bit of a bad weekend... guys weekend away at a cottage.
    lots of protein.... steaks, soulvaki, hamburgers.

Got my protein in with some of those, and my carbs were beer. Quite a few:tongue:

Brought up some swt potato to put on BBQ as well. Brought some banana's, apples, and fiber bars, so I felt I wasn't too bad.
    Now to flush myself out of all that alcohol.

Rach - like your new hair.
    Hmo - Take it easy on that hip. Have to make sure it heals properly.
    lcorrell - way to go with the choices. myself I would have weighed myself day before and after etc, to see if that dinner affected me.

Have a good week blue team!:drinker:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Rach love the hair.

Well not sure how long I am going to weigh in for as i have now been restricted to no excercise because we had a little scare with the baby and I am not out of the woods yet, so I can't do anything but watch what i eat. I am being careful and need to watch what i am eating so i remain healthy.

Hope everyone is doing well and hang in there.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hi, well still in limbo. Shoulder surgeon is on Sept 18, like that's gonna help me get paid from work.:grumble: Hopefully I'll just heal on my own. Well I'm over on my cals by 300 cals and can't exercise.:grumble: :grumble: I was just sooo hungry today. I swear bad weather makes you want to eat. Tomorrow is another day-full of errands.:tongue:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Kathy - put today behind you tomorrow is a new day!!! i just wish you were feeling better - I know that's so hard to keep your mojo going with that holding you back.

I am stuck again - no movement by the scale - so that doesn't help me towards hitting 80 by 8/31....well I guess I could do a biggest looser weigh in and super exercise the night before with not so much intake of calories! That would count right?!:laugh:
  • hmo4
    Options
    Found out today Dyability won't pay me any longer! So now, I have a buggered shoulder, which isn't improving, I can't exercise so I sleep more, I can't see my Surgeon for 3 weeks and no money is coming in anymore. Why oh why is my life such a mess-always?:cry::cry: :sad: :cry:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Kath - that really stinks - so sorry you're going thru this....I wish I had a magic wand to help!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Rach love the hair.

Well not sure how long I am going to weigh in for as i have now been restricted to no excercise because we had a little scare with the baby and I am not out of the woods yet, so I can't do anything but watch what i eat. I am being careful and need to watch what i am eating so i remain healthy.

Hope everyone is doing well and hang in there.

The best of luck to your family and that little one inside. Do what you have to do. Keep us in touch.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Found out today Dyability won't pay me any longer! So now, I have a buggered shoulder, which isn't improving, I can't exercise so I sleep more, I can't see my Surgeon for 3 weeks and no money is coming in anymore. Why oh why is my life such a mess-always?:cry::cry: :sad: :cry:

Just remember this is a hill for you to climb and you shall climb it. I know you feel with no money coming in we managed for 2 years with all them bill collectors calling us. There will be a light promise.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP alot lately. I've been so busy with college and other stuff, but I'm still trying to eat healthy and exercise when I can. I lost 1lb last week and trying not to gain it back again.

Here's a question: How do you all remind yourselves to drink water throughout the day? I've been having a problem with not getting enough lately. I find it really hard to remember drinking 8 cups per day.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Here's a question: How do you all remind yourselves to drink water throughout the day? I've been having a problem with not getting enough lately. I find it really hard to remember drinking 8 cups per day.

At work I use a 710 ml water bottle, which is approx 3 cups, and I try to have 3 of those while at work in 8 hour shift. plus I have at least 1-2 glasses in morning and 1 at night

I don't know if your allowed to bring water bottles into class or not.

You could possibly have 1-2 glasses in morning before college, 1-2 at lunch and rest after school?
    Try to take a water bottle with you when your doing this "other stuff", or if they allow it in class.

I don't drink juice, pop, coffee, or tea, so water is my only beverage.
  • hmo4
    Options

At work I use a 710 ml water bottle, which is approx 3 cups, and I try to have 3 of those while at work in 8 hour shift. plus I have at least 1-2 glasses in morning and 1 at night

I don't know if your allowed to bring water bottles into class or not.

You could possibly have 1-2 glasses in morning before college, 1-2 at lunch and rest after school?
    Try to take a water bottle with you when your doing this "other stuff", or if they allow it in class.

I don't drink juice, pop, coffee, or tea, so water is my only beverage.

I have a favorite cup that holds 4 cups. I take it absolutely everywhere I go. People bug me about it and tease that it's booze:laugh: Ice cold water. Love it. But it's now an ingrained habit and I can't go without!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Just went for another little run/walk...I just gotta get away from the fast food. It's just been so easy lately. Ugh. I also went and started my full sleeve (tattoos) on my left arm. Did about 3hrs worth and it's coming along nicely!!! :bigsmile:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    fitgal - I keep a bottle on my desk at work that holds 16 ounces. I fill it up first thing in the morning (after my coffee, of course!), and refill it at break times and when I go to the bathroom. More than enough water during the day! I also make sure I drink two glasses at dinner and two in the morning with breakfast.

alapointe - take care of yourself and that little one! :flowerforyou:

hmo4 - I understand not having the income... my mom did it on and off for about a year when she got laid off from her job she'd been at for 13 years. Jobs were measley pickin's then, so she had to take temp jobs. But... as j_g said... this is something you will overcome! You're a strong lady. We're all here for you when you wanna vent!!

Rach - pix of the tattoos pleaseeeee!! :bigsmile:

Happy Weigh-in Wednesday, everybody!!! Goodluck. :drinker:

I'm at 241. C'mon 230s!!!! When I started this around 280... I was in size 24 pants. I'm down to a size 20... and I tried on an 18 the other day in the store and I could actually get it zipped and buttoned! Not sure if I'd wanna try sitting in them, LOL, but... maybe in another 10 pounds! 16/18 is the pants size I remember wearing in high school. I don't remember being smaller than that... sad.
  • chrissyh
    Options

That's why I did all those water challenges - if I don't focus on it, I just forget.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I saw an old friend from high school this past weekend and her mom is an awesome country cook....she offered to make us chicken and dumplins, macaroni, cream corn - all homemade and some of the best food you can eat but in my mind I am thinking - I can't do that....it's just not worth it.

I am getting extremely frustrated with my stand still - I was happy to have gone down a bit last week but once again this week - doing that 2 pound fluctuation back and forth - I did look at my calories and with all the exercise, I am under 1200 about half the time or even more.

So I am focusing on getting in over the 1200 again. Also I thought I had read to eat carbs before cardio - and I have been but today I read an article to eat protein before and limit carbs in the evening so I figure it cannot hurt to try! Over the past 2 weeks I've added kickboxing I think I am going to add that third strength day and see what happens....maybe just do the Biggest loser sculpt as the third strength day - do you think that's enough?
  • hmo4
    Options
    Hey Chrissy-eat more. That's not enough. Go at least to 1500 and you'll get over your plateau. You're very active it seems so up your intake.:flowerforyou:

Thanks for listening guys. I'll try not to complain.:indifferent:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Hey Chrissy-eat more. That's not enough. Go at least to 1500 and you'll get over your plateau. You're very active it seems so up your intake.:flowerforyou:

Thanks for listening guys. I'll try not to complain.:indifferent:

There are days I am eating like 1800 calories but I am exercising a bunch of them back off....should I set my daily at 1500 and then eat exercise on top of that....

Kathy - please vent as much as you need to - we are here for you!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Rach - pix of the tattoos pleaseeeee!! :bigsmile:

That pic is a bit bloody and gross but you get the idea. Long way to go...the feather isn't even done yet! :laugh:

IMG_2110.jpg