fashion at the gym or workout

Options
124»

Replies

• tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I know I would like to see less fashion plimsoles aka TOMS

Eww, at the gym? Home of sweat and very necessary arch support?
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    naked? naked.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    In response to one MFPer, "YES IT MATTERS!!" Just like I can't stand women who come in half naked or butt crack showing I think men have same responsibility!
    I like men that have clean and neat attire that is not SMELLY because you wore it yesterday and decided to wear it again! I have been knocked unconscious by re-users! Don't wear your jeans in to workout! Ugh! Shorts with appropriate length and not tight! I was blinded once when I looked up at wrong time from pushups and this dude was doing something lifting legs (on his back) and I saw his 'jewels'!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am queasy now all over. Just keep it tight and covered! Oh and don't douse self in cologne!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options

Yep, its the retarded male fashion of young and trendy "I go to the gym and lift a couple of weights then act like I own the place" types.

Not yet seen anyone drop a weight, but I would hate to do so if I were wearing them
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

Yep, its the retarded male fashion of young and trendy "I go to the gym and lift a couple of weights then act like I own the place" types.

Not yet seen anyone drop a weight, but I would hate to do so if I were wearing them

Nonchalantly tickle them. Sometimes you have to be the catalyst of funny. ;)
  • TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Well like it or not, you'll see me in black track suit trousers sporting one of my many heavy metal band t-shirts... And my funky Polar FT80 HRM. :)
  • BodyPumpDaveInFL
    BodyPumpDaveInFL Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I teach at two gyms.  At the one I can work out at (one is ladies only)  there is a strict dress code for teaching and for working out at the gym (as a staff member).

To teach you need to wear the colors of the program all in spandex/Lycra (top and bottom).  To work out you need to wear black and white with at least one spandex item (so a top or bottom).  I understand the rational for the dress code when teaching - you need to show proper form - tight shows form (but I would never wear spandex if given a choice)

When I workout I always wear a white spandex shirt and black shorts.

It is just like my day job where I am forced to be in a suit, I wouldn't choose any of these outfits, but it is what is required.  

It does make it easy to identify the off duty staff working our.
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    NOw that you ask this question I realize I've never noticed what guys where at the gym. But please, no spandex.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I do not care how they are dressed at the GYM - T-shirts and shorts are fine but I hate that they GRUNT everytime they lift :0
    I grunt at the gym.....it is natural when you lift heavy!!! It is like hating when someone breath hard when they run lol

Haha, exactly. :D

Ditto and don't forget the ugly faces we make too.

or when we look around after breaking a PR to see who's watching so we can share in our pride and excitement