What's your favorite breakfast food?

Options

Replies

• SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been peanut butter toast -- Ezekial bread, peanut butter, honey.
    ALWAYS coffee.

Before that it was oatmeal made with milk, bananas and walnuts with a little brown sugar.

Sometimes I have yogurt and fruit.

On the weekends I'll have eggs and toast.

If I'm in a hurry, Luna bars.
  • Alexc2012
    Alexc2012 Posts: 20
    Options
    I've never heard of a tuna omelet.... It sounds interestingly healthy. Would you mind sharing your recipe please...?
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My fave is 2 whole eggs cooked in coconut oil with a slice of pepper jack cheese, 2 slices of turkey bacon, 1 slice of my health nut bread w/ PB2 on top, and an orange.
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I LOVE making banana egg white "pancakes": mash up a banana, add 1/2 c liquid egg whites, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and I add flax meal as well. Mix it up, then fry it like a pancake. I have a Tbsp of teddie unsalted pb on the side with it and 2 cups of coffee...290 calories and holds me for a long time!
  • Lolitasboss
    Lolitasboss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of a tuna omelet.... It sounds interestingly healthy. Would you mind sharing your recipe please...?

I didn't know it was so unknown. My grandmother made this up because decades ago, my uncles worked at a tuna factory lol, so she developed diff ways to make it.

You need: Solid White Albacore Tuna in water
    Eggs
    Seasonings to taste (I personally just use Tobasco sauce)

I just beat to large eggs in a bowl (also works with just egg whites)
    Drain water from the tuna
    Mix 1/2 -1 can of tuna into the eggs
    Grease pan ( I use cooking spray)
    Cook the omelette on low heat (remember to flip it when ready)

Then you're done :) Super easy . I add the tobasco to spice it up. Soooooo good and filling!
  • AssembledIncorrectly
    AssembledIncorrectly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Keema (hand grounded beef with lots of spices) And Aloo bharay parathay (flat bread filled with cooked and spiced potatoes and then fried).

Also, goat brains. Taste alot like eggs only tastier

Yuck :(
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    a slice of fat free wheat bread (toasted) with a slice of tomato and 1/4 cup of low fat cottage cheese. It's my favorite meal of the day. mmmm
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Egg white and chicken sausage breakfast sandwich using multi-grain round sandwich thins, toasted. Nice huge sammie for 210 calories.

I also like Cheerios with a few slivered almonds for breakfast.. or lunch.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Toss up here.

Fage greek yogurt with strawberries and honey
    Bolthouse breakfast smoothie.
  • OverflowingRhythm
    Options
    1 cup of oatmeal made with water 3 teaspoons of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and mix it all together. Great filling breakfast sludge oatmeal
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Right now my favourite breakfast is a piece of toast, half a cup of egg whites scrambled with half an avocado. Add a little salt and pepper.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Skinny green smoothie-recipe at skinnytaste.com or egg whites with salsa, a little light soy sauce and sometimes turkey sausage. Or kashi cereal with fruit :)
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    a slice of fat free wheat bread (toasted) with a slice of tomato and 1/4 cup of low fat cottage cheese. It's my favorite meal of the day. mmmm
  • onthebrink
    Options
    plain oatmeal with blueberries and a touch of splenda and a glass of skim milk!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

I just make it simple for both salmon & tuna omelet since I love experimenting foods. My ingredients are:

100g of fresh tuna (or salmon)
    2 eggs (preferably 1 whole egg + I egg white)
    bell pepper
    chopped garlic
    chopped onion
    30g grated cheese
    salt & pepper to taste

Beat the eggs then mix in all the veggies. Then on the pan (I use non-stick pan) I put the egg mixture & then let it sit for about 15-20 seconds then I put the tuna (or salmon), bell peppers & grated cheese. Then do it as you would normally do with regular omelet
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Banana's and Peanut Butter!!!! YUMMYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • soniyamas
    soniyamas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Keema (hand grounded beef with lots of spices) And Aloo bharay parathay (flat bread filled with cooked and spiced potatoes and then fried).

Yuck :(

There are lots of yuckier things eaten very commonly here. Its not nice to say someones food like this. just a friendly advice.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'd probably not survive without eggs. My typical breakfast is: 1 whole egg + 5 egg whites, 2 slices canadian bacon, 1 piece of wheat toast, and ketchup.
    Sometimes I make overnight oats with protein powder.
  • kking76
    kking76 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Broccoli and cheese omelet with shredded hash browns. Yum. I eat this at least twice a week.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

I haven't tasted the goat's brains yet but I have eaten pig's brain a couple of times especially in one province in the Philippines.