Hi looking for some mature weight loss friends!!

Options
13»

Replies

• debgilbert1955
    debgilbert1955 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Gayle. I'm pretty new, too - 56, working out hard, and while the weight's coming off, it's VERY SLOW! I feel your frustration. Feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • Marcstgeorge
    Options
    Hi ... I'm Marco and on this site losing weight
  • Dmarie26
    Dmarie26 Posts: 1
    Options
    I signed onto this site awhile ago and never checked back in. Have gained another 30lbs. I have about 80 to lose and could use some friends to talk to. I'm 49 and would like to be healthier. Looking forward to meeting new friends. Thanks, Donna
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi! 56 and wanting to lose weight...it gets harder as I get older....I should add its the knees that feel old not my mind!!!!!!!! Happy to be friends and look froward to supporting each other....want to get into nice summer clothes....:smile:
  • rbccbrown
    rbccbrown Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Gayle,

Anyone can add me. I'm Rebecca and I have been on the site for about 3 months. I have just started my first challenge and would like to start making some friends that are looking to get into shape
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Candice and I started 2 weeks ago and liking it so far. Good luck to you all!
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    OK super frustrated!! 2 weeks in and only down 0.6 of a lb!! YIKES!! I have been staying in my calorie range 1200 and excercising! I am wondering why my body simply refuses to let go of the fat?? Any hints??
  • dre3173
    dre3173 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hello i have been at it for about 28 days. along with excersing twice daily I have lost 12 lbs. my weigh in is tomorrow keeping my fingers crossed that I have lost more since last week. the food part has not been as difficult as I thought. It's just frustrating that I am working so hard by excersing and the weight isn't coming off as quickly as I would like. The best thing to do is to have this site as an app on your phone. before you eat anything check the calories. that has helped me a lot.
  • skinnywannabe18
    Options
    Hello and Well Come :)
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    Hi Gayle and all! I'm a 55 yr old stay at home gma wih about 50 to lose. losing very slowly. Please add me as a friend!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, my fountain of youth :flowerforyou: I am a long time member, I use the site daily. I reached my goal last August and use the site to maintain my FITNESS and encourage others. Add me if you like. PS: I am 61 years old.
  • playbyte
    playbyte Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am definitely a mature 65 yr old guy from the UK looking to get fitter and youthful even if my skin continues to look old. My mind says that I am only 45 inside the large exterior.

Please add or invite me as you wish as I am here with a definite goal to lose a lot of weight- 15 lbs down and 77 more to get rid of.

I am booked on a holiday in Barbados beginning July and I will lose 20 lbs by the time I go as that will be just 2 lbs a week so very doable.

I weighed 258 lbs on Sunday, which is my weekly day for checking, I don't look at the scales any other day as it is too much of a roller coaster - been there done that lol.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Hi I am starting this life change tomoww

Why not start today?
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'd like more friends also. I'm 44, is that mature enough? Haha! I'm only a few pounds from goal so things are excruciatingly slow now, but I've been on here for a couple years or so.
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lori and I am 51. I started on mfp in September and have lost 45 pounds. I have reached my goal but am more that happy to encourage anyone to help you meet your goals. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • wjrapp
    wjrapp Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    HI Gayle,

I've been working on getting healthy for over 9 months and got really serious about the weight loss in Jan (in spite of my husband and habits that we had grown into....). I've lost about 34 lbs so far (just began logging mfp in Jan) and feel 10 times better, got the great news last week from my Dr that I can now go from taking 5 pills a day to just 1! I was taking 3 for High blood pressure, 1 for high cholestrol and 1 for Arthritis. Now I only have to take 1 for High blood pressure and I get to eliminate it, if I keep this up....talk about incentive!!! I do take 1 Estrogen supplement after my total hyst 18 mo ago, but that's not exactly health related and helps to save lives of people around me...Add me if you like. I log every day and work on this every day...just had my 53rd birthday on Sat. We can inspire each other...we can never have too many positive people in our lives! I've even converted my husband...to finally get serious!

Wanda
  • Magpie1950
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I'll be the senior citizen of the group...gonna be 62!

Magpie1950
  • Moira57
    Moira57 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I have been using the myfitnesspal app. for over a year now and did have sucess at the start but the last 6 months or so I have been struggling and so decided to check out the actual website. I am 57 and really need some help and encouragement to get back on track. I did loose 25 lbs. but am slowly working my way back up the scale. Please add my as a friend.:smile:
  • maggiepoppins
    Options
    Hi im Maggie, Im 52 and this is myfirst post on the forum. Ive lost 18Lbs since end of jaunary, onlys 8lb to go till my target. I was really surprised that calorie counting worked.!!!!! logging in your meals will keep you on track, aswell as all the support from MFP friends. YOU CAN DO IT!:flowerforyou: :