Brides to be using feeding tubes

Options

Replies

• jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The interesting thing is...you know wedding dresses come in multiple sizes, right? I am watching my figure for my wedding in October (thus allowing myself a solid 6 months to lose the 5 or so pounds I have in mind--I like to plan ahead), but I am well aware that because I was between sizes and we ordered the larger so I wouldn't be squeezed, fitting my body into the dress will not be a problem. I think so many women get so caught up in the idea of a certain figure that they forget that dressmakers are quite skilled in making a dress look beautiful in more sizes that 0 or 2. Just saying...
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I can't believe a Dr would do this but I guess it's sort of like plastic surgery is sometimes just for looks, not for comfort or repairs.

If you are so rich that $1500 is no big deal then you can afford to take off a little early from work and hit the gym daily and eat yummy diet food like fish and fresh veggies. I bet in 10 days you could lose a few pounds and tone up so you would be the same as 10 lbs of starvation loss and you would look way healthier too.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Disgusting that a "doctor" would allow this. I wonder if he's even a real doctor. Sad that someone would have so little concern for their health and longevitiy that they would stoop to this.
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I saw this on tv this morning, it is sick that some people no scratch that, a lot of people are willing to do this just to look good for one day! Yes I am getting married in a year and a half and I would love to look great for my day but I want to look good all the days after that too. This is just sick and unhealthy, dont complain that you have no time to workout, you obviously had time to make a Dr's appointment and get this tub shoved up your nose, you had time to do a 40 minute workout or an hour! if I told my fiancee I was doing this i think he would leave me.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    $1500 to look like you are dying! Awful!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Truly hope the medical review board of Florida checks this guy out...
    hey Doc, how about "1st do no harm"...no ethics, just cash flow!
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    What did her husband think of her treating herself that way? though this is definitely not the way to go, it doesn't surprise me all that much. People pull this stuff all the time. :L
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I cant believe what my eyes are reading :angry: makes me sick!!! As a nurse I work with people who are dependent on these tubes for nutrition. People who need them would give anything to not have to use this method for nutrition and yet here are these self indulged woman (not to mention the physicians providing the treatment) using this as a method to lose weight. I cant imagine a more unhealthy way to lose weight! what will this do to the psyche and the digestive systems of these woman. I could only imagine this making matters worse. think about the cravings, the digestive system will get lazy. Did we forget that our bodies were made with a mouth and esophagus and a stomach for a reason. We need to Chew, it is part of digestion!!! I think they are just asking for trouble. It just makes absolutely no sense. shouldn't doctors focus on providing these brides with good nutrition and exercise habits they can have long term.
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    Yukky tuu! :sick:
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I heard about this on the radio this morning... absolutely disgusting and won't work long run anyways! Suck it up and lose the weight the right and old fashioned way!

I'm getting married in August, so I am eating better and exercising more... what a concept!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    And this has been your daily WTF moment.

^^^ THIS.
    'Cause every girl DREAMS of that perfect accessory -- a feeding tube hooked over your ear and taped dramatically to your cheek. CHIC. For a limited time only, if you purchase the bonus IV pole/saline bag kit with your tube, they throw in a "Be-Dazzler" kit and a glue gun for free. That way you can dress it UP when you have to go out.

If you buy in the next 20 minutes, you get a spa pedicure and a complimentary tour of the Eating Disorders clinic. What a DEAL.

(OK, angry sarcasm aside, I just can't believe any DOCTOR would advocate this. And the procedure ITSELF has risks. Bleeding and infection, anyone??)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Eww. I definitely wouldn't want to marry someone who would go through this kind of drastic measure to get thin by the wedding....in fact, it shows a lot about the character of the person!! (i.e. doesn't want to put in hard work to get something they want)
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Eww. I definitely wouldn't want to marry someone who would go through this kind of drastic measure to get thin by the wedding....in fact, it shows a lot about the character of the person!! (i.e. doesn't want to put in hard work to get something they want)

This makes me wonder - how will they handle it when there are rough spots in the marriage? LOL Marriage itself is darn hard work!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    That is unbelievably sad that anyone feels they need to do that. I don't understand at all the crash dieting for a wedding, I understand you want to look good, but at what price? Your health!?

Why not just start a little early, give yourself enough time to get in shape. Far better IMO than going crazy, just to gain it all back (and more usually!) after you wed.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    If I were engaged to someone and they VOLUNTEERED to use a feeding tube, it would be a deal breaker.

Agreed. That person is completely focused on the wrong thing, and I wouldn't be able to marry them because I would be questioning everything about them-- ego, mental stability, priorities, level of crazy, etc.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

This makes me wonder - how will they handle it when there are rough spots in the marriage? LOL Marriage itself is darn hard work!

Exactly.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to be ill.

Is it bad I flat out have already decided I refuse to get married on a 'date' until I have the body I want for that day? (Its why I'm starting now <3- and forever for the rest of my life).

Fad diets do as fad diets will do. And thats the thing, they are just fad diets. They don't change the results, the crash, and regain. This one is just far more.. scientifically advance then most due to the nature of people wanting something more medically 'sound'. (hahaha uhn... nose-sounding. I hate my mind).
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Eating healthier and making time for a little bit of exercise takes work, and this is clearly not a person who is willing to actually put forth any sort of effort to achieve her goals. Sad, and disgusting.
  • Fourmenandalady28
    Options
    I need food! LOL! If he can't be happy with the real "You" then it makes you wonder what type of hubby he would make!