365 Days on MFP = SUCCESS (with pics)

Options
cweiler4
cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
One day in March 2011, I had an instance happen to me, which I like to call my “Ah-Ha” moment. I call it that because it’s the moment or incident that happened to me when that light bulb went off in my head and I finally realized I needed to make that change I have always wanted to make. For a long while I had been unhappy with myself. I hated what I saw in the mirror. I stood in my closet, sometimes in tears, just staring at my clothes thinking to myself I needed to change. Finally it happened.

In April of 2011, I started the Insanity program and started using the MFP app that I had downloaded many months before. I took before measurements and photos, but the photos were quickly deleted as I was ashamed of what I looked like. During this journey, I was certain not to give up on myself and I had the support and encouragement from my husband, other family members and some new found friends on MFP to keep going.

Here I am 365 days later. I am in love with this community and the friendships I have made on this site. I would have never thought in a million years, that I would be someone else's inspiration and motivator. With the help of Insanity, Insanity Asylum, dabbling with P90X & P90X2, and a lot of sweat put into my kickboxing workouts, I am happy to say I went from 165lbs to 129lbs from April 2011 to January 2012. So a total of 36lbs lost, 39% body fat to 16%, 42.75 inches melted away and a much more confident person was found just by finally deciding to put in the hardwork and motivation that I needed to make the change to save me.

Beginning measurements:
Right Arm: 11.50
Left Arm: 11.50
Right Thigh: 23.25
Left Thight: 23.50
Bust: 41.50
Waist: 40.00
Hips: 42.00

One year measurements:
Right Arm: 10.00
Left Arm: 10.00
Right Thigh: 18.50
Left Thight: 18.50
Bust: 32.50
Waist: 29.00
Hips: 32.00

Thanks to everyone for the support, advice, motivation, and inspiration that you provide on this site. I couldn't have done it without my Pals. Much love!!

Before pics:
IMG_1217-1.jpg

Transformation pics:
IMG_0025-1.jpg

Current photos: April 2012
IMG_0213-2.jpg

Replies

• min_lyn
    min_lyn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look amazing. Very nice abs!
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Omg you look AMAZING!!!!!!! Such an inspiration!!!! Your a total hotty !!!
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! You're an inspiration!!!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing!!!
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Way to go!!!
  • bcr1559
    bcr1559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and so happy! Congratulations!
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Super awesome story!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    Great Job!!!! I am happy for your success.
  • kaf330
    kaf330 Posts: 61
    Options
    You look great and years younger!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! i absolutely LOVE reading success stories like this!!! you put in the work, you dedicated yourself to this lifestyle & 365 days later you are happy, healthy, fit & smoking hot :smokin:

so glad we are friends, you totally motivate & inspire me!!! great job girl!!! :flowerforyou:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    nice work!
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great! You were always beautiful though, now you're just a slimmer you ;-)!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    congratulations! you look amazing!!! i want a body like yours! 30 days for me today and just a little under 15 down!
  • kebcakes
    kebcakes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are an inspiration.
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look amazing...always beautiful though!!! Great abs!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    wow you really look so amazing :)
  • TheReese1206
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You are hot!!!!! Awesome work! YOu look like a different person!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!