Anyone got a placenta I can EAT?

Options
13»

Replies

• CristlNothem
    CristlNothem Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think it is really gross. Maybe it is the medical in me, but no way in hell i would ever do it. We used to look at placentas alot in classes, and the thought of eating that...eww.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I like the title of the article. mad-mom-january-jones-eats-her-own-placenta Would it be better if she ate someone else's?
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    ....people are coming back to it now saying it's normal and natural and that we are the ONLY mammals that don't eat it

We are NOT the only mammals that do not eat it! As a result sometime in the next week I will have one from a mare that's due to foal. Anyone interested? Maybe I could put it up on eBay....
  • Mischelina
    Mischelina Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Would it be less animalistic if it were breaded and deep-fried? ;)
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    We do worse! We are the only animals that inject it into us. The measles, flu, and polio vaccines include chick embryonic fluid, human diploid cells from aborted fetal tissue, and continuous line of monkey kidney cells just to name a few.

http://www.informedchoice.info/cocktail.html

To all you vegans out there, you can't just give up meat, you gotta give up vaccines too.
  • farm_mamaX9
    Options
    We do worse! We are the only animals that inject it into us. The measles, flu, and polio vaccines include chick embryonic fluid, human diploid cells from aborted fetal tissue, and continuous line of monkey kidney cells just to name a few.

http://www.informedchoice.info/cocktail.html

Where is the "like" button! This is so true. Anything to survive, dontcha know?
  • 8kidsmom
    8kidsmom Posts: 40
    Options
    No, I would not do it. I have heard of it, and agree mammals do eat theirs. However, some of them also eat their young when they die, so I do not think that is a good enough reason. People are created in the image of God, so that makes us different than the animals. I have heard that this helps with ppd and has other health benefits as far as that goes, and it may, I do a lot of things for health, but this isn't one of them! Is is not for me!

God is against placenta eating?

I don't know if God is against it or not. My point was because animals do it does not mean I would. People are different from animals because of creation. (according to the bible anyway) If your reason for doing it is b/c the animals do it, then that just wouldn't work for me. Sounds pretty gross to me!
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    There are no scientific journals touting these "benefits" of placenta. Why is that?? Possibly because this is nothing more than a bunch of people who WANT to be accepted in their community, so they must glorify the practice. Now, science does know about The Placebo Effect, which is all this is.

People have NOT been doing it for centuries. It was cooked up by a bunch of hippies as a way to be "natural", so this fad began in the 60's.