Deleting Friends

Options
I posted a comment on my profile about seend a nutritionist and trying a new approach. This approach was less calorie count oriented and more "what-you-eat-and-how-often." So, the result was that I didn't log on to MFP for a couple of weeks (two and a half) and today I log back in to find myself deleted from certain peoples' friends list. That's fine with me and everything, everyone has free will to decide who they want to befriend. I just find it a little backward in terms of taking the team approach. I just would never delete someone for trying something new. Ever. I said I would get back on and give a status update in a few weeks and I did! Now I'm here and willing to help anyone through a plateu or not seeing results, because after 8 months of calorie counting, I found something that gave me better results and was more sustainable. I think that's as positive an influence as any.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally. You don't really "know" these people, and everyone has their silly little "rules" about friends here. Brush it off, and look for more new friends.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've been deleted by people while I'm ACTIVELY using MFP. I wouldn't take it personally.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I agree with cmriverside 100%. Time to find new friends.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I got deleted and when I realized it, it bothered me more than I will care to admit- mostly because I don't know if I did something to offend and things like that worry me. Ah well, let it go. I've deleted people accidentally before, so you never know.
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    that does suck. their loss. im sure you have great advice to share. how did you overcome your plateau???
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Eh, just stop keeping track of friends. I add people who say they want support. If they decide later on that they are not benefiting from the "friendship" they are welcome to delete me. I don't keep track of my friends list to see who has dropped me.

Perhaps it wasn't the content of your post but the fact that you hadn't logged in? Perhaps people thought you were done with MFP?
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It happened to me when I had surgery.
  • Beatrix0810
    Beatrix0810 Posts: 138
    Options
    Haha, exactly, I don't take it personally at all. I just think it's weird! Some people get so offended by not following their "their silly little rules" to quote cmriverside.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've been deleted by people while I'm ACTIVELY using MFP. I wouldn't take it personally.
    Hah me too. But Im a little b!tchy so I expect it to a degree. Half the time I don't even notice. There are a few that I have. And the stalker in me wants to know why. Then reality sets in and I realize I don't really care that much. (shrug)
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    Again, don't take it personally, I tend to delete people if they haven't logged on in a month because they tend to have quit without deleting their profiles. I also delete people who aren't supportive, negative or just never say anything. That way it gives me more time with the people who do need my support. If I keep my friends list to a smaller group, I have time to respond to everyone.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Some people think that the world revolves around them and their friends have no lives and should comment everyday! I have only deleted a friend ONCE, and it was because she was an anorexic psychotic NUT! Being gone for a while, then coming back to say, hey how are you guys doing? That is when you learn WHO your friends really are... I mean, what if you were in the hospital or on vacation or something?
  • Beatrix0810
    Options

Wow, jeeze!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Yep.
    And I've done the 'ooops' click which wasn't discovered until later. (Today, in fact)

Basically, I use this to track things for myself. Friends are a nice perk, and it is always an inspiration to see how they are doing in their excercise and eating. :flowerforyou:
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Eff em... you had to do what was best for YOU and thats what matters. Congrats on finding a good nutritionist, that's almost as difficult as losing weight. :smile:
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Do not allow it to affect you, if they deleted you then they were not really ready to support ya.
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    It happened to me when I had surgery.

That's actually just REALLY rude....
  • Aphrodite3010
    Aphrodite3010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ive only deleted one person and I did it because when I looked at her food diary and it was McDonalds 3x a day it irritated the crap out of me bc to me this is a lifestyle change, eating junk food every meal is not making that change AND it really chapped my butt that people were saying 'way to go' and 'good job' when she was under her calories....I really try to only keep people that truly inspire and motivate me, not trying to be a snob but for me to make this a lifestyle change I need people who are like minded. Maybe they just didn't like what you were trying, maybe they were jealous, who knows, and its just MFP, its not like your best friend....
  • mrswinstead
    Options
    Again, don't take it personally, I tend to delete people if they haven't logged on in a month because they tend to have quit without deleting their profiles. I also delete people who aren't supportive, negative or just never say anything. That way it gives me more time with the people who do need my support. If I keep my friends list to a smaller group, I have time to respond to everyone.

Exactly my way of doing things.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    just brush it off ...
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    eh, dont take it personally, a lot of people tend to do that on here.

Would love to know about your current plan. I am stuck at a plateau and it stinks! lol