Diet pills......

Options
1235»

Replies

• drkrvnchld
    Options
    I was always skeptical about pills and worried about what they would do to me. Everyone should worry about those things. But let me tell you, I still wanted to give them a shot. I needed that extra push. I was 320. I just needed a little something extra. I looked and researched. Then I bought the Hydroxicut. I did Hydroxi (3 a day) for 2 months eatting only the leanest meats, tons of veggies and tons of water and working out 3 times a week for 30 minutes. I went from 320 to 290 in those 2 months. I then weaned off the pills for 2 weeks continuing to work hard at eating healthy. I then started mixing in some of my old bad eatting habits (i love bbq and southern food), but continued working out for 30 minutes 3 times a week and making sure 1/2 my plate was veggies. I stuck to water and hard liquor (i party hard). Over the last 9 months I managed to lose another 20 pounds while enjoying life and food - without pills.

I am now 270 - 273. I vary a little. I now want to lose another 20 pounds and I want to do it fairly quick (with a little help) and need another push. I will be going for the Cellucor Super HD. This time working out 4 days a week for 45 minutes and cutting out the southern food for 2 months.

My point is, I would have never gotten the kick start that I needed if I didn't go for these. I struggled for a long time with many methods always pushing back the idea of taking pills. The boost they gave me was awesome and it's up to you to use them safely and do your own research and know what works for you. I can personally drink a full pot of coffee and go right to sleep. I think the important part of what I did was to "wean" off of them over a 2 week period. And like I said, no matter if I cheat, I still make sure 1/2 my plate is fresh veggies.

I also stay away from ALL fructos and as much "modified" foods as possible. Read that fat free yogurt closer - it's modified corn starch.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I haven't really tried diet pills, but I can tell you about pills. I HAVE to take 5 pills a day for medical conditions. I wish there was something I could do to avoid taking them, but I will probably have to take most of them for the rest of my life, and I'm 23.

The biggest problem will all of these pills are interactions and side effects. I have a pill that I HAVE to take 1 hour before eating or 2 hours after eating, first thing in the morning (thyroid). I can't take any of my other pills for four hours, but I have to take one of them with breakfast and two for dinner. So coordinating my day can be pretty rough, all because of pills. I can't take certain OTC meds because I take these meds. Having a cold is a bad time- one of my medications reacts with everything I can find.

So I guess my point is, there are consequences for everything you put in your mouth, even diet pills. Even energy pills. If possible, I would talk to your doctor about the pills you are deciding upon and get their take. Maybe they will have a recommendation about an alternative solution for your energy needs. Besides Alli, I have heard that the FDA does not recommend other diet pills. Alli has its own effects that are less than pleasurable. Anyway, good luck!