Grocery Shopping/Road Rage

Options

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    See, I'm REALLY socially awkward. I'm also goofy looking and I dress like a goth-hobo-hippie. When people get in my way, I just stop and stare at them

just stare

they move pretty fast.

Ah, the perks of being a weirdo

You scare me just a little...I kinda like it...how's the giant puppy?

giant puppy is giant

actually, Sir Crowly Sausage-for-Brains and I went for a two mile walk today. He's worn out and won't be waking up until morning.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    sleep well, big fella...
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Next time throw a can of chef boyardee at those douchers!
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am apparently the only non-agaraphobic to respond here. I like the grocery store. I see new things I can eat or cook for myself/girlfriend, and I get to do people watching at it's best. Also--I like it way more if it's publix.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am apparently the only non-agaraphobic to respond here. I like the grocery store. I see new things I can eat or cook for myself/girlfriend, and I get to do people watching at it's best. Also--I like it way more if it's publix.

Shopping really IS a pleasure there!
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I get my shopping home delivered (more for budgeting reasons than anything else). i actually like shopping, something about wheeling the trolley around, checking out items, people watching, I enjoy it all!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I usually shop off-peak hours. it's much less annoying.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when my husband and I go grocery shopping hungry, we come home with the wierdest stuff, fun though, makes for an interesting supper...
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I kinda like grocery shopping. I get to check the food ailes to see if there're any new snacks to try out and stock up on my favorite foods. It's great :) The crowds suck though... :( That's why I go early on the weekends when there's hardly anybody around
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy grocery shopping. And it takes a lot for me to get ragey. People being their slow, oblivious selves doesn't get me there.

I hate grocery shopping, but not because of dummies. I hate it because it takes as much time as other shopping, but when I get home I can't try on the pork chops or paint my nails with the bananas.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy grocery shopping. And it takes a lot for me to get ragey. People being their slow, oblivious selves doesn't get me there.

I hate grocery shopping, but not because of dummies. I hate it because it takes as much time as other shopping, but when I get home I can't try on the pork chops or paint my nails with the bananas.

Yuh huh! 201009131847.jpg

I dont get ragey very often either. But walmart with all 3 kids can sometimes do it to me.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    juliecat - Walmart will do that to anyone. I won't shop there unless I absolutely have to. I will go out of my way to hit different stores just to avoid being there. I'll even pay extra. The people there are more than slow and oblivious.

Shopping really IS a pleasure there!

Shopping at Publix actually is a pleasure. I'd go there just to wander around if I didn't have 4 million other things to do. They cater to the population living around them. So Publix in a Cuban neighborhood actually has Cuban food, even a cafe in the front of the store. Caribbean neighborhood Publix puts refrigerated coconut water in the front cooler. Simple, smart stuff. Since they're a little pricier, you don't get as many of the crazies. Bargains seem to bring out the crazies in people. That brings this conversation back to a full circle to Walmart again. :smile:
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    Sounds the same the world over! There are "nice" supermarkets and not-so-nice ones!! It's definitely true here in the UK - lol!

Have been and done a "big" shop this morning - which actually involved three supermarkets: one I like, one I hate and one I'm indifferent to! I hate the aisle-blockers and the screaming kids, too! I really hate loading it into the car, and unloading it and putting it away when I get home - but I think of it all as extra lifting, bending and stretching, that helps me through!!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I have a 24 hour grocery store, I go at strange times because I also get irritated.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    My fiance pushes the cart and picks everything out because the people irritate me so bad. They make the carts too big! Everyone is ALWAYS in the way.
  • Fridaydalek
    Fridaydalek Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ...so you just pretend to look at something else until they move....but they take forever, sometimes even talking on their phones.

Why don't you ask them to move?
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Internet shopping is the future.....
  • BAB23
    BAB23 Posts: 1
    Options
    My fiance pushes the cart and picks everything out because the people irritate me so bad. They make the carts too big! Everyone is ALWAYS in the way.

in the grocery store, down the road from me, they make the aisles too small! only one cart can through them at any time!!
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Sounds the same the world over! There are "nice" supermarkets and not-so-nice ones!! It's definitely true here in the UK - lol!

Have been and done a "big" shop this morning - which actually involved three supermarkets: one I like, one I hate and one I'm indifferent to! I hate the aisle-blockers and the screaming kids, too! I really hate loading it into the car, and unloading it and putting it away when I get home - but I think of it all as extra lifting, bending and stretching, that helps me through!!

OH yes....they wouldn't start with S,A & T in that order byany chance? :laugh:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    One of the things I have to do for my job is grocery shop. I hate it. I save up all my house shopping needs and work shopping needs and just get it done all at once.

I pretend it's a game. I race through the aisles, dodge other shoppers, and try to fit all the stuff in my cart like Tetris as fast as possible.

That helps.
    See, I'm REALLY socially awkward. I'm also goofy looking and I dress like a goth-hobo-hippie. When people get in my way, I just stop and stare at them

just stare

they move pretty fast.

Ah, the perks of being a weirdo

That's a little scary, I am the exact same way, sans fashion choice. At the supermarket I used to frequent I had weekly shopping, including check out down to 10 minutes every week.