Passive aggressive much?

Options
As I write this post, I'm irritated as EFF! I walk into the kitchen to grab some pain reliever and I notice that the fridge is pad locked!! I'm do a double take..... WTF? I've been eating right and working out since the 2nd week of Feb. and I'm down 15lbs and this happens... So, what would you take from that? Would you be offended? I sure as hell am!

Replies

• Jozie_
    Jozie_ Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Who padlocked your fridge?
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    ....If this is husband related, I insist you go pour a pitcher of ice cold water on him for the Overtly Aggressive woman in me.
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    Who's refrigerator is it? If it's in your home, I can't even imagine a reason for that. I would be beyond infuriated in your position.
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    ....If this is husband related, I insist you go pour a pitcher of ice cold water on him for the Overtly Aggressive woman in me.

If this is husband related, I would suggest a lot worse than that. Seriously... My brain exploded just thinking about it.
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    I live with family right now and I am the only one who's overweight! It's a fridge that everyone uses but still!
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    I have no idea who pad locked it!
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    Hmmm... Still weird. But maybe it's more of a "Someone's eating my food!" thing rather than a "The fluffy girl doesn't need to eat." thing. Food can be a touchy subject when people are sharing a home.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Maybe the person who padlocked it was doing it because of their own issues with food. Or maybe they were concerned about food security. You'd need to find out more before jumping to a conclusion!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options

If this is husband related, I would suggest a lot worse than that. Seriously... My brain exploded just thinking about it.

Oh thank goodness. I typed several much worse things but then thought, "You're being unreasonable, delete that and opt for something that can't be considered an act of war". It's good to know there are other potential viragos out there.

.... and I don't even know what to tell you about your family. Unless a well meaning Grandma is the culprit, I would still be furious.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Were you having problems with your fam before about food and stuff? That's crazy. O_O I'd be soooo mad.
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Uhm, wow. That is not right. I would be absolutely *livid*. That is extreme disrespect. I'm honestly sitting here trying to find words to type to express how utterly wrong that is, and I'm just rendered speechless.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Does your family have a strange sense of humor? Could they have done it for a goof? I can't imagine anyone doing this as a serious effort to keep you from getting in the fridge. I mean, there is other food in the house. I think it was just a harsh prank.
  • sedaughtry
    Options
    That is BEYOND nasty and sooo unneccesary!!! That's the kind of stuff that would MAKE me want to cheat! (but that's the emotional eating side of me! ;) I don't even have a good response for what you should do, but thankfully you have this great community that you can vent to! keep us updated ;)
  • sedaughtry
    Options
    then again, i didnt think of someone maybe thinking someone else is eating their food
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    I'd be moving out.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Honey - don't take crazy personally. You sound like you are doing fabulous. Don't let this nonsense derail your great efforts. I can't even imagine - that is just a whole new level of ridiculous you are dealing with.
  • michellebd1980
    Options

Oh thank goodness. I typed several much worse things but then thought, "You're being unreasonable, delete that and opt for something that can't be considered an act of war". It's good to know there are other potential viragos out there.

.... and I don't even know what to tell you about your family. Unless a well meaning Grandma is the culprit, I would still be furious.

Thanks you! I don't feel like I'm jumping to conclusions, because if it were for someone else's benefit, they should've said something. Still passive aggressive!
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    Thanks, all! I help provide food and we have community food. I live at home with my parents so I'm not sure what the deal is.... They know how sensitive I am, so I don't think it's a joke. The only thing I can think of is that me and my parents are the only ones in this house who pay for food! Maybe they did it so that food doesn't go so fast. I just wish they'd have said something so I wouldn't feel depressed and angry over this. I'm not gonna let this derail all my good efforts!
  • DogsK
    DogsK Posts: 94
    Options
    Passive aggressive dont make sense to me. If I were in that position, Id get me a good set of bolt cutters and snip that lock. Ive never heard of such things. I would not describe you as passive aggressive for putting up with that, I would say saintly. even if its family, who locks their fridge anyway? These are indeed trouble times that we live in
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Don't be depressed or angry over it. I'm sure your parents didn't intend to hurt your feelings. Whatever the reason, they probably just didn't think it through. Let them know in the morning how it made you feel and open the door to communication. Best of luck.