Passive aggressive much?

Options

Replies

• BAtobe
    BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Living with family in adulthood is toxic! Sure hope you get to the bottom of it and soon.
  • emmyash
    emmyash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    ohhh you know what id do?..grab and axe and put it straight through the padlock...just reading this has made me mad.....you are doing well..
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Quit drinking my beer dammit!!! :happy:
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I finally confided in my parents about my binging a few months ago and I woke up the next morning to find the cupboards padlocked. Just confront them, its not right.
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    Hmm, if only I had access to the tools... I'd so do that and then just leave it hanging on the handle. Thanks, Emmy!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Ok, everyone don't freak out on me here but I don't see why everyone is getting so mad about this. If this happened to me I'd be on the floor laughing my a** off and kicking myself in the butt for not thinking of it sooner myself. This has to be a joke or there's teenagers in the house eating the food in the middle of the night and they're being taught a silly lesson. This can't be a serious message to the OP. I'm sorry but I think you guys are taking this way too serious. Please don't attack me now 'cause that's not why I posted this.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't tolerate that, family or not. When I was obese, people used to say things when I was at a function or something, like "you shouldn't eat that" or "why aren't you on a diet?!" F I hate that! I would never do that to anyone else. What people eat is their own business, not mine. As you said it only makes you mad. Feeling angry is not encouragement. When you feel calmer, tell them how it makes you feel.
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    Living with family in adulthood is toxic! Sure hope you get to the bottom of it and soon.

I agree! Especially when your family puts the fun in dysfunction! (eyes rolling)
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    Ok, everyone don't freak out on me here but I don't see why everyone is getting so mad about this. If this happened to me I'd be on the floor laughing my a** off and kicking myself in the butt for not thinking of it sooner myself. This has to be a joke or there's teenagers in the house eating the food in the middle of the night and they're being taught a silly lesson. This can't be a serious message to the OP. I'm sorry but I think you guys are taking this way too serious. Please don't attack me now 'cause that's not why I posted this.

There are only adults in this house! Nothing about a silly lesson because we're all adults and they can man the F up and say something!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Thank you passive aggression!
    I guess...

=D
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Ok, just tryin' to help. I'm outta here then.
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    I wouldn't tolerate that, family or not. When I was obese, people used to say things when I was at a function or something, like "you shouldn't eat that" or "why aren't you on a diet?!" F I hate that! I would never do that to anyone else. What people eat is their own business, not mine. As you said it only makes you mad. Feeling angry is not encouragement. When you feel calmer, tell them how it makes you feel.

This is definitely something I deal with a whole lot!
  • EnterFitness
    Options
    Passive aggressive dont make sense to me. If I were in that position, Id get me a good set of bolt cutters and snip that lock. Ive never heard of such things. I would not describe you as passive aggressive for putting up with that, I would say saintly. even if its family, who locks their fridge anyway? These are indeed trouble times that we live in

I would go buy a mini fridge for myself, put some of my own food in it and padlock it as well. And set it down next to the big padlocked fridge!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Wow - I hope you find out what the story is behind this.
    Seems a bit extreme for what ever the reason is. I would only consider 'padlocking' (and then it wouldn't be a padlock) a fridge to child proof it from little children. You have clearly mentioned there are none of those in your household so yeah WTF. Not cool
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I finally confided in my parents about my binging a few months ago and I woke up the next morning to find the cupboards padlocked. Just confront them, its not right.
    Wow. That's what they decided to do to "help"? That is warped.
  • jenj1313
    Options
    Passive aggressive dont make sense to me. If I were in that position, Id get me a good set of bolt cutters and snip that lock. Ive never heard of such things. I would not describe you as passive aggressive for putting up with that, I would say saintly. even if its family, who locks their fridge anyway? These are indeed trouble times that we live in

I would go buy a mini fridge for myself, put some of my own food in it and padlock it as well. And set it down next to the big padlocked fridge!
    ^^^^^ Perfect!
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    This doesn't sound passive aggressive. It sounds downright mean.
  • jenj1313
    Options
    As I write this post, I'm irritated as EFF! I walk into the kitchen to grab some pain reliever and I notice that the fridge is pad locked!! I'm do a double take..... WTF? I've been eating right and working out since the 2nd week of Feb. and I'm down 15lbs and this happens... So, what would you take from that? Would you be offended? I sure as hell am!

Uh... yeah, I'd be offended. Seriously offended. Like moving out in the middle of the night offended

Adding a second pad lock would be equally passive aggressive and wouldn't require tools... then everyone would have to be present and accounted for to open the fridge. taking the hinges off the door and just leaving them in place would be good too, but then you're back to the tool thing.

Seriously? I hope you post an update with what happens in the AM when you ask WHY??? That's just wrong.

But you're right... don't let it derail you. A mini fridge in your room might be a good idea if you can afford it.
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    As I write this post, I'm irritated as EFF! I walk into the kitchen to grab some pain reliever and I notice that the fridge is pad locked!! I'm do a double take..... WTF? I've been eating right and working out since the 2nd week of Feb. and I'm down 15lbs and this happens... So, what would you take from that? Would you be offended? I sure as hell am!

Uh... yeah, I'd be offended. Seriously offended. Like moving out in the middle of the night offended

Adding a second pad lock would be equally passive aggressive and wouldn't require tools... then everyone would have to be present and accounted for to open the fridge. taking the hinges off the door and just leaving them in place would be good too, but then you're back to the tool thing.

Seriously? I hope you post an update with what happens in the AM when you ask WHY??? That's just wrong.

But you're right... don't let it derail you. A mini fridge in your room might be a good idea if you can afford it.

Thanks, all! I will post an update in the morning once I find out more! Padlocking cupboards as a form of help??? That's just so wrong on so many levels!
  • sexycute
    sexycute Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump

I've GOT to find out what happens...crazy!