30 Day Shred: Jillian Micheals

Options
Hi All,
Are there any others who are just starting this program??? Let's keep up with each other and push through this workout!!

My name is Yasmeen. I am going to try to keep up with this dvd and REALLY need the motivation from others who are just starting (or who are comfortable with this workout dvd and have great advice/tips). Please feel free to add me! :smile: I have a lot of weight that needs to come off with little strength so I will be very proud of myself if I can get through this. I am excited!!!! 30 Day Shred, here I come!!!!!!!!!:heart:

Replies

• cmason516
    cmason516 Posts: 62
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred yesterday, and I have to warn you that its going to kick your butt. :smile: I know that its working but I do have to say I am kinda afraid to get up tomorrow morning. lol Feel free to add me and I will try to keep you motivated, as I can also use any extra motivation I can get.
  • SuperFitby40
    Options
    Hi Yasmeen, I am very excited as well to start the 30 DS by Jillian Michaels. Today is Day 3 for me and I am SORE! (That's probably because I haven't done lunges and squats in a very long time :) ) I hope to stay motivated and finish the program.

Good Luck!! We can do it !!
  • Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I got through day 5 or 6, then life got in the way....

Anyway, I need to restart, day 1 tomorrow!

Are we all going to take before / after photos or measurements?
  • shellsob
    shellsob Posts: 1
    Options
    I am doing the 30 day shred also. Any suggestions on how to log it in the exercise diary?? It doesn't come up as a choice that is already in the database.
  • Fitby31
    Options
    I've read that people log it as 23-30 minutes of circuit training. Or enter it off of what your HRM says..if you have one
  • Yasmeen174
    Yasmeen174 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good idea!!! Okay, ((sigh)) I will take the dreaded "before" pictures. Who's with me? lol. I will be taking my measurements for sure!!
  • Fitby31
    Options
    Good idea!!! Okay, ((sigh)) I will take the dreaded "before" pictures. Who's with me? lol. I will be taking my measurements for sure!!

I'm down.
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi Yasmeen! I'll do the 30 Day Shred with you! I'll start today....I started once before but never finished it so this will be the perfect opportunity for me. There's nothing better then having other people to do it along with you!
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just started! Add me!
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to start this for about two weeks now but have yet to get off my @*% and do it. Ya'll feel free to add me if you like and I will start with ya'll. I took my measurements and pics last night. =)
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I restarted the 30 DS yesterday, i got most of the way through level 2 and had to stop. But as someone who started from practically nothing and did 30 DS level 1, I will say that you should log your progress. The first day, I could only do some of the workouts for a fraction of the time she wanted me to do them. Every day I blogged what I did better on, what I successfully completed and where my challenges were. By the end of level 1, when I was doing all of the workouts for the full amount of time, it was so awesome to re-read where my challenges were and how far I had come!

Also, the first few days after starting will stink...you'll hurt! But keep with it, cause it does go away and you start to feel sooo great! Good luck!
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    I've had it sitting next to my tv for three months and haven't started it yet. However, I told myself that I was going to do it this week. I could definitely use the motivation and support because I know it's going to kill me, ha ha.
  • nettie23
    nettie23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today was Day 1 for me. feel free to add me
  • wendywwhite
    wendywwhite Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Is everyone doing it every day? What about muscle rest. I'm going to try for 3x per week.
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I JUST bought this on Ebay TODAY! lol! Friend me... i'd love to be a part of the group. Can't wait to do some shredding. :smile:
  • scoobug0617
    Options
    Tomorrow is Day1 Level 1 for me!!!!! I am having the hubby take my before pics and measurements tonight. Not sure I wanna know what those numbers say..........maybe I'll have him keep it a secret then I can be pleasantly suprised when I'm done. I started this program once before but didnt finish it. I WILL FINISH THIS TIME!!! Good luck everyone. Feel free to add me :)
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 day shred also. Any suggestions on how to log it in the exercise diary?? It doesn't come up as a choice that is already in the database.
    [/quote

I created my own exercise and for 30 day shred and added the calories I burned form my HRM
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago, am just doing M-F, but have all ready seen results. I did level 1 for 8 days and posted this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/559661-just-finished-level-1-of-30-ds-pics . The results aren't in your face or anything, but there's some difference in my arms and abs, just in 8 days. I'm on my 3rd day of level 2. :) I wish everyone much luck and success. The program works. Just stick with it and do your best. :smile: Feel free to add me if you like.
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    [/quote

I created my own exercise and for 30 day shred and added the calories I burned form my HRM

I log mine as circuit training, general!
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I started it today!! Boy am I gonna hurt tom. but determined to see this through. It also helps that my daughter is doing it with me. We took our measurments today, so will post them later. As for pix??? That scares me to death.