Replies

• shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Not a *kitten* chance
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I did go though this certain "phase" once.
  • tycholien
    tycholien Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When I got to 115Kg, then I had no choice... Oh, hang on, this thread was for girls wasn't it :laugh:
  • babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I fit in one just fine. Its the scars and stretch marks that prevent me from being comfortable enough to wear one in public.
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've yet to do this.....I've got some belly pooch that just wouldn't work in a bikini! But i'm all for a cute tankini! LOL
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    When I got to 115Kg, then I had no choice... Oh, hang on, this thread was for girls wasn't it :laugh:
    :laugh: So you wear a speedo?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I told myself that I would consider a two piece (not just bikini but tankini what have you) when I was out of the plus sizes and into the XL of the normal size range. Well I'm here, and I still won't wear a two piece. I'm just not comfortable and ready yet.

Maybe when i'm down another two sizes I will revisit it. Maybe I won't feel comfy until I'm at my goal weight. Maybe I will never feel fully comfortable (however I do miss my bikini teen and early 20s so I think at some point I will get comfortable.)...

but really it's about feeling good in your own skin more than it's about a number.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Just bought one last week for my trip to Jamaica in June. I currently wear between a size 10-12.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 190 and I don't look hideous in one. I"m still not commiting to wearing it on the beach. I think that if I can tone up a bit more maybe, but it's a difficult question. I'm a size 10/12 and I can't figure that out because the Numbers are so off!!!

I can't tell if i look good in one or not. I'm my own worst enemy!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I want one but for gardening so I can even out my farmer's tan lines while putting out my veges and flowers. Thankfully, nobody has to see me besides my husband.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Oh, round about June, I suppose. I'm 5'3", 200 pounds, and I will be seeking out a suit that flatters my figure in the next couple weeks.

I have one that I like to use for photos, but it's not flattering.. it just shows my progress well.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 as well... Go you for doing it at 200 I am having a hard time doing it at 137!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    One pieces look bad on me so I wore a bikini when I was size 18. They is always going to be someone worse than you. Just go for it and be proud I say.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I'm at 166 now, 5'8", size 10 pants (thanks hips!), and size medium tops...I tried on bikini the other day and thought it looked pretty good!
  • lappyd425
    lappyd425 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I own one. I've only worn it in public 1 time and that was far, far out in a boat lol. I think I'm comfortable being in one but like one of the above posters it's the stretch marks...I'm starting Jillian Michaels Body Revolution in May and hoping that will help me tone and tighten my stomach so that I can rock the stretch marks and not mind at all!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I've always worn one. Owning a pool, I wear a bikini or nothing at all. :blushing:

I wore a bikini at 175 lbs in Vegas with no shame. My BFF commented on how jealous she was of my confidence. That's what people saw, not my jiggles.

But you do need to find the right bikini and a sexy coverup too.
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    When I was a size 6 I wore a bikini and size 8 I was fine wearing a tankini. Now, I wouldn't dream of it until I lose some more weight.
  • Ginsey31
    Ginsey31 Posts: 39
    Options
    Go for it! I am not brave enough to wear one at my current weight but I wore them proudly when I was about your size.
  • aesimonton
    Options
    Hahah! That's hilarious. Love it..:laugh:
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Say what? I have a drawer FULL of super sexy, 2 pc bikinis......and I rock them. I love bikinis!!!!