So. Cool.
    HE WAS SO GOOD IN HUGO AND PRINCE OF PERSIA
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    LOOK!!! IT'S GANDHI!!!!!

So. Cool.
    HE WAS SO GOOD IN HUGO AND PRINCE OF PERSIA

I completely agree!! This is why I puffy heart you so much... You complete me <3
  • schmoovey
    schmoovey Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Honestly, yes you look too skinny. I had the same problem a few years ago when I did a ton of cardio and didn't eat a lot of protein/good cards, but luckily my mom saw me and said I was looking too skinny/unhealthy....not anorexic by any means, but just needed to bulk up. Unfortunately, I fell off the fitness wagon a few times and gained too much fat, then lost it again, then gained it back, but over the past couple of years I've done a lot of educating, trial-and-error, and I've finally found what works for my skinny prone body. I think I'm one of those "skinny-fat" types that looks skinny in my clothes, but hides my fat in my waist and shoulders if I'm not eating and working our properly.
    One thing that sparked my attention was your body fat % goal. Body fat percentages that are so low are usually only maintained for a considerable amount of time IN A HEALTHY MANNER by athletes in endurance type sports. So if you're not one of those types, then perhaps you should reconsider your body fat % and let it go up a few notches? You will still look good and feel good. Body fat is necessary to protect our body from various things in our environment both internally and externally.

From the looks of your diet and based on other readers' comments, you need to eat more lean protein, and eat more GOOD calories overall. Eat a lot of fruit in the morning after your workout or for breakfast to replenish your carbs and clean your system. Make sure you also replenish your body with a good recovery drink (something with a 3 or 4 to 1 Carbs to Protein ratio after your workout (chocolate milk works wonders). For your mid-day meal eat veggies stacked with lean protein, but there should be more veggies on your plate. For your evening meal eat carbs like pasta or breads stacked with veggies. Eat a healthy snack between meals to fill in the extra calories (nuts, dried fruit, veggies). Do not eat too much protein in the evening or an hour or two before bed.

Since you are and have always been on the skinny side (as a child through young adult years), like me, then it will be hard for you to gain muscle weight, but based on your measurements you definitely need to pack on about 5-10 pounds of muscle to look healthier.

This is further accomplished through resistance/strength training about 3 times/week. Don't use light weights. Use heavy weights that you can barely lift. All you need is about 8 -12 reps of a heavy weight for about 3 to 4 sets in each muscle group. As you progress and gain muscle, you will be able to lift heavier. Keep a log of what you're lifting, reps, weight, sets, intensity, etc. Also do not do cardio before strength/resistance training in the same day. You can reverse the order and that will be okay, but it's actually best to do cardio and strength/resistance training on separate days. Strength/resistance training will still burn A LOT of calories; especially when completed at a faster pace and with little to no rest between sets.

Sleep! Your body can't build muscle if you're not getting enough rest. Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night and take at least 1 rest day during the week where you're not doing any sort of strenuous exercising or activity.

Again, you need to increase your good calories, increase your lean proteins (supplementing with a whey protein powder would be a great way also), do heavy strength/resistance training about 3 times per week, and get plenty of rest.

You should make it your goal to develop average sized chest, arms, thighs, hips, and calves. This way your body will look better proportionally, you will look healthier, and feel better about yourself when you look in the mirror.

Good luck in your quest! You don't look bad by any means, but it could be unhealthy for your body to be so thin for too long. You did a great job in losing some body fat and weight. Now it's time for you to bulk up a bit with fat burning muscle and look even better! You can do it!
  • schmoovey
    schmoovey Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    thanks yea wii fit says i should be 145 llb but i feel better slimmer than i was at that weight
    BMI isn't a perfect number and neither is Wii Fit, which was programmed by way too skinny or way overweight software programmers. :huh:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more vegetabubbles. There's no need for a healthy adult to take multivitamins.

I beg to differ. No need for a healthy adult to take multivitamins? Think again. Our food supply is so depleted of its nutrients and vitamins by the time it gets into our homes. EVERYONE should consume a good multivitamin in addition to eating healthy. If you're not, then you're not giving your body enough nourishment. Ask the top athletic trainers if they encourage their trainees to take vitamins and supplements and they will always say yes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking vitamins and supplements in healthy doses and in moderation. If anyone else tells you otherwise, then question why they are telling you that.

Am I allowed to question why someone is encouraging me to buy multivitamins? :D

I'd be more interested in what a dietician advises normal people to take than what a top athletics trainer advises. Besides, who said it's wrong to take vitamins/supplements?

Let's face it, if I were lacking in some kind of mineral then I'd be suffering from some kind of illness.
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sweety, you're going to put yourself in the hospital. You need protein, carbs and fat. Eating bread, water and multivitamins is not going to get you far...well, as far as the hospital, anyway.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i used to be 133lbs at 5'8"
  • glitterpiss
    glitterpiss Posts: 113
    Options
    Why do you only eat bread and potatos and these light triangles? I have to call BS.

After reading the food log I honestly thought he must be lacking money to feed him self. But then he talks about BMI goals and stuff and I start to think its bs or an eating disorder. :/
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i used to be 133lbs at 5'8"

Did you live on just bread, tinned potatoes and processed cheese though? OP may be naturally thin which is no issue, I think people are more concerned over his diet which is ridiculously unhealthy.
  • hrcowman
    hrcowman Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My cousin is around your height, maybe an inch shorter, and he only weighs 125lbs. He's as healthy as he can be too - it's just the way he is built. Don't worry, I'm sure you're perfectly fine.
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sure, maybe a lot of you were that weight (naturally) and it was all good BUT. . .There's no reason why an adult who can wear kids' clothing should be restricting calories. I'd recommend finding a good eating disorders program.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    He hasn't been back to comment. This is the craziest thing I have ever read on here.
  • littlehokie
    Options
    are you in jail?......what's with all the bread?

This is the funniest thing I've read all day. I was about to ask the same thing, wtf?!

And no, that's not normal to weigh in the 120's at 5'8''. I'm 5'10'' and a female and would look anorexic at even 140.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    ohhh snap
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!